Liberty vs Howard

nebuntyn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so Indian I'f you see the game and listen to what the players were saying they agreed with the coach...-and the coach said he has to do better in evaluating his talent Walters was doing more talking to the refs thAn playing ball read what liberty player said he basically said he should've dominated but didnt

It's just my opinion statements like he's disgusted with them are better off staying in the locker room. Has he, or Brainerd's coach, ever blamed themselves in the paper for any adjustments they could have made, etc. I see a lot of blame going to the players by both coaches. Picking a better line-up again goes back to blaming the players.

It's just my opinion statements like he's disgusted with them are better off staying in the locker room. Has he, or Brainerd's coach, ever blamed themselves in the paper for any adjustments they could have made, etc. I see a lot of blame going to the players by both coaches. Picking a better line-up again goes back to blaming the players.

U couldnt have said it better!!! No game adjustments and Howard should have bn victorious this game but again he didn't adjust to the press or there doubling Walters!! Should have stay in the man to man instead off that 3-2 zone smh

Edited by tlloyd00

Good opinion. I agree that those comments are somewhat out of line. These two coaches never have blamed themselves after losses. It always seems to be somebody elses fault. They can't make adjustments. They can't take kids that don't play basketball everyday and teach them the game. There success relies on having the better and more athletic players than most of the teams that they play. When they run into teams that are more disciplined and play more as a team, they have trouble. Discipline as far as how a person acts and as far as how a person performs are two different things that must work together to be successful. But self discipline must be instilled and demanded in order for a team to be successful. If a team doesn't play as a team by the end of the season and especially in the big tournament, then it hasn't been instilled enough from day one and throughout the season. I definitely wouldn't want a coach talking about my son in that manner. In the locker room, what is said in there, stays in there, when you leave there. The coach at some point needs to evaluate himself. Remember, ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP!!!!

Good opinion. I agree that those comments are somewhat out of line. These two coaches never have blamed themselves after losses. It always seems to be somebody elses fault. They can't make adjustments. They can't take kids that don't play basketball everyday and teach them the game. There success relies on having the better and more athletic players than most of the teams that they play. When they run into teams that are more disciplined and play more as a team, they have trouble. Discipline as far as how a person acts and as far as how a person performs are two different things that must work together to be successful. But self discipline must be instilled and demanded in order for a team to be successful. If a team doesn't play as a team by the end of the season and especially in the big tournament, then it hasn't been instilled enough from day one and throughout the season. I definitely wouldn't want a coach talking about my son in that manner. In the locker room, what is said in there, stays in there, when you leave there. The coach at some point needs to evaluate himself. Remember, ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is true about these two coaches as is the norm for most inner city schools, then they dont have discipline themselves = always blaming others,never learning to take responability for their actions, etc . I feel deeply for these young men who never have had or observe discipline from a father or father figure at home, school, outside world ..sad they will be out in the world where real life is going to be tuff to handle and a lifetime of trouble..very very sad..

Definitely one of the least talented Liberty teams in memory...yet they find ways to win, all that matters

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you,but they live to play on game after game with one player or another picking up the slack..as stated thats all that matters..

Go Tech !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DHSFB64

Liberty played team ball... That's what won the game plus the never got rattled...I'n moose defense you bloggers don't know what he has to deal with maybe he shouldn't have said it in the paper but wht I hear him saying is that Walters didn't play ball and he complained to the ref all game that's the same thing the people that sat around me said and what y'all don't know is how he was on the radio sayin how proud of his team he is... Iberty is battle tested may not be as talented bu they just wanted the game more... Not to mention they never talke or complained to the refs and I think that's y Howard didn't get a lot of calls.. Good luck to liberty throughout because from what I saw in the field of play there were only 3 teams that Were state caliber liberty Howard and CPA

to be honest...that was a great article...i dont feel like howards coach did or said anything wrong...his players agreed they werent getting along on the court...they werent playing as a team and liberty exploited that...i dont think anyone else in this tournament could have beaten howard...only liberty from what ive seen so far

more so...saying the coach hadnt prepared them and what not...im not sure if anyone else noticed...but howard was forced to call several timeouts in the 3rd and early 4th quarter i believe...leaving them none down the stretch...when howard had the timeouts they were able to keep the game close and actually take the lead...once they ran out...notice liberty never called one...i kept waiting when we would make mistakes...but then i noticed something...our coaches were getting their message across during the free throws...instead of calling timeouts where howard could actually set something up and keep all players on the floor involved...it may seem minor to most...but it was brilliant on libertys part...

im curious as to the bad calls that were mentioned...the flagrant 1 or whatever was called in the 4th when liberty was up 8 with a minute or so to play was pretty sorry...but other than that i think the refs missed more fouls when liberty was goin for layups than they did anything else...

I'm not familiar with the Howard program,but there's an old adage that the team reflects the personality of the coach.A well coached team is always greater than the sum of it's parts...I'll take a great team with good players over great players every time.Complaining,jealousy,and bickering among teammates ultimatly is a sign of flawed leadership,and for the coach to publicly point fingers at his players is unacceptable,you win as a team and lose as a team,including the coach.I've been a fan of Bolivars Coach Rudesill(just an example)since way back to his USJ days and have never witnessed one incident of bad behavior from him or his players in 20+ years and countless games(his record speaks for itsself),and it is unimaginable to think that's a concidence.Excellent leadership is manifested in many different ways,there are motivators,x's and o's geniuses',defensive gurus,ect...really good teams win in many different ways,but all have in common the concept of "team ball".Rudesill and Libertys Coach Jones have vastly different styles of coaching,but share the fact that the players have "bought into" the philosiphy that they teach and never question it.Their players always play hard,but within the coaches system and you won't see them argueing with refs',making excueses to their coach,taunting other teams when winning,or panicking when the chips are down.Wheather or not the statements quoted to the reporter were true,he let his team down by saying them in public and should'nt be surprised when his team returns the favor.

In the past he has had control of his teams...Chattanooga as a city is having big city problems with their youth...if he did say this the only problem I have with it is he took it to the media I've seen this guy take time and develope players since he has been at Howard... I saw how he never gave up on one of his players a couple years ago when he continuously failed in the classroom, I saw him there for the kid when he lost both parents I see him exposing his kids or trying to expose them to other things... I have read other articles where he has praised the big kid but Howard has to do away with the mindset they have...some fans cheer hard some gossip and keep confusion going and I saw some fans with signs at the game saying fire moose Howard to me seems to be a big headache I hear complaints about the principal I hear complaints bout the cheerleader coach... I know understand why the city views Howard the way they do