Perry County vs Wartburg

theGURU

Congratulations... but no "hateraide" here... You need to step back, take a deep breath, and realize that I was not knocking CA, or PC for that matter, and simply stating a fact...

Yahoo sports has them listed on DL's roster at 6'5'' (Malcolm) and 6'4' (Martin)... I also have stood next to them for several years and have measured myself on a portable CMM... I have been watching 10A basketball for a good 12-15 years and have never seen anyone 6'7'' at CA...

All in all, that was last year... and in the past... Good luck to PC in their first round match up... Maybe McEwen and PC can both send the East packing (like most years) in the first round...

Just in case y'all doubt mtownballer

http://www.lipscombsports.com/mbasketball/roster/

Good luck to Perry County and to Wartburg. Thank you bulldogs for not talking smack (so far) and I hope you don't start. Your all class in my book. Just play your game and let Perry County play theirs and may the team who plays the best on Thursday win.

should be a good game, dogs match up well, but it will be different atmosphere for sure, I think it will be up and down the floor and tough game, come down to last 2 minutes.

To Takeahack's post, My favorite part of that link is that you can see that Lipscomb stayed in Tennessee for almost all of their talent.

As for the game, Wartburg will want to keep the game slow. Having a Mr. Basketball candidate, especially one that is tall, gives you a chance in any game. If it gets fast, I believe PC will have a definite edge.

Edited by WindUpBird

To Takeahack's post, My favorite part of that link is that you can see that Lipscomb stayed in Tennessee for almost all of their talent.

As for the game, Wartburg will want to keep the game slow. Having a Mr. Basketball candidate, especially one that is tall, gives you a chance in any game. If it gets fast, I believe PC will have a definite edge.

I think Fountain will impress you guys, yes he is tall, but he plays outside alot and what I love most about his play is, he never takes a play off, if he is on the floor, your getting everything he has. A fast paced game actually suites him pretty well, he has long arms and deceptively fast, can have a steal and headed the other way in the blink of an eye.

I look for their only Senior starter, Richardson to be key, he's solid inside and can easily get hot and change a game fast. The pg Justice is quick as a cat. It's going to be a fun game to watch, if Wartburg intentionally tries to slow the game down it'll surprise me, but that could be just what they try to do, I suppose we'll wait and see. I have confidence in anything Coach Layne opts to do.

Good luck to you PC guys, if you win this game, I hope you win it all...but I'll be cheering for my Dogs! lol

• Upvote 1

I think Fountain will impress you guys, yes he is tall, but he plays outside alot and what I love most about his play is, he never takes a play off, if he is on the floor, your getting everything he has. A fast paced game actually suites him pretty well, he has long arms and deceptively fast, can have a steal and headed the other way in the blink of an eye.

I look for their only Senior starter, Richardson to be key, he's solid inside and can easily get hot and change a game fast. The pg Justice is quick as a cat. It's going to be a fun game to watch, if Wartburg intentionally tries to slow the game down it'll surprise me, but that could be just what they try to do, I suppose we'll wait and see. I have confidence in anything Coach Layne opts to do.

Good luck to you PC guys, if you win this game, I hope you win it all...but I'll be cheering for my Dogs! lol

When I say tall, I don't really mean just an inside game on the offensive end. On defense, having a tall player changes how the other team plays, if the player is good on help side defense. On offense, it means he will be able to get his shot off much easier. For anyone who has seen him, how tall is he actually? Closer to 6'7 or 6'5?

He is closer to 6'8 than 6'6. Scary enough, he is still growing.

Doesn't matter...when you have to play the #2 team in the State you gotta have more then 1 player to beat these guys...its a all around team sport...PC has 7 men that play legitimate minutes and that can play with anyone in the state

Edited by SportsFan70

Doesn't matter...when you have to play the #2 team in the State you gotta have more then 1 player to beat these guys...its a all around team sport...PC has 7 men that play legitimate minutes and that can play with anyone in the state

Wartburg has 2 more players on the bench that are 6-8 and 6-9. They will play as many as 10 players so it sounds like it's gonna be one heck of a game

Wartburg has 2 more players on the bench that are 6-8 and 6-9. They will play as many as 10 players so it sounds like it's gonna be one heck of a game

ok??? if they have that many players that are giants then why are they not in the top 10 or even beating people by 50??? i think you're over exaggerating.

6-8, 6-8, and 6-9 on a Single A front line? What's in the water up there?

Wartburg does have a few lengthy guys and I would definitely say that Fountain is the shorter of the 3. With that being said I really don't think that Dyer or Hamby is 6'9". Either way they all need to eat some meat and taters. Like others have said Fountain does impress with his all around offensive game. He can play inside or out but he is deadly from about the charity stripe. His defense is above average as well. It will be a good game and both teams better bring it.