Will the Dragon Wagon in Clinton Improve in 2012?

Dragonpride96

I think AC could but my pick is Oakridge to win the district hoping both teams have 0 losses in the district when they play. Should be a better game than last year..... But you never know till you play the game...Cant wait till the season starts :popcorneater: We have a big match up 1st game of the season. CAK has there offense back defending state champs. But my prediction might change after the season starts and befor the OR and AC game.... Go AC!!!!!!!!

Of course their are teams who have done as good as OR has the past 6 years, never implied that there haven't been any teams that haven't? Why do you always have to discount anything i say about OR? Gotta love AC's hatred for us lol As long as you are hating, it bodes well for us. lol

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True I dont like OR... I bet a whole lot of oak ridgers hates Farragut last two years you all had the better team but still lost to them. They just have your number.

I wouldn't say we had the better team when we played them. At the end of the year were we a better team then them? For sure. Farragut under Courtney has always peaked out early in the year more times than not. Since Blade has been at OR we have been a 2nd half of the season type of team that gets better and better over the course of a year. That is a testament to our sound coaching staff more than anything. Farragut has had success over us the past few years, and yes i do hate them. But, i hated them when we were dominating them for 40 years. It's gonna take a lot more wins then just the past few to catch up with the domination we have held over them for so long. All i was hinting at in my original thread is how consisitent we have been over the years, then you had to chime in lol. AC just had a 5-6 season. We have had a losing season 5 times since 1943. That's pretty consistent. How many has AC had since 82? This is a Clinton thread anyways, so i shouldn't even be writing this stuff. Sorry, Clinton fans. But, yes. I do think Clinton will be improved this year. How much? that remains to be seen.

Edited by SweetScience

True I dont like OR... I bet a whole lot of oak ridgers hates Farragut last two years you all had the better team but still lost to them. They just have your number.

I dont think Oak Ridgers hate Farragut. I dont think they hate anyone. A team with OR track record, respects its opponants. On the other hand teams like Campbell, AC, Clinton etc.. Hate OR. Usually the hate comes from watching a team be successful year after year, and you not being able to beat them. Im from AC and we will be lucky to win 6 games. We turn the ball over way to much, we are too predictible, and we just dont have enough good Campbell county kids to get our team over the hump.LOL. Seriously tho, We dont have the skill positions weve had the last few years. 5-5 would be about right, and Davey will be gone after that. Either on his own or helped out of there. Its not waht have u done for me, its what have u done for me Lately? And 5-6- and 5-5 seasons wont cut it at AC. We will have 5 to's opening night, and Davey's staff will panic with changes and it snowballs from there. We CANNOT lose to Campbell County on that Thursday night game or its gonna be bad around here.

I dont think Oak Ridgers hate Farragut. I dont think they hate anyone. A team with OR track record, respects its opponants. On the other hand teams like Campbell, AC, Clinton etc.. Hate OR. Usually the hate comes from watching a team be successful year after year, and you not being able to beat them. Im from AC and we will be lucky to win 6 games. We turn the ball over way to much, we are too predictible, and we just dont have enough good Campbell county kids to get our team over the hump.LOL. Seriously tho, We dont have the skill positions weve had the last few years. 5-5 would be about right, and Davey will be gone after that. Either on his own or helped out of there. Its not waht have u done for me, its what have u done for me Lately? And 5-6- and 5-5 seasons wont cut it at AC. We will have 5 to's opening night, and Davey's staff will panic with changes and it snowballs from there. We CANNOT lose to Campbell County on that Thursday night game or its gonna be bad around here.

I don't necessarily hate Farragut, but they are definitely one of our rivals. Oak Ridge really doesn't have a rival that we hate, you are right CC. At least in my case, i don't. This may sound arrogant, but to hate a team you have to lose to them more times than you win in my book lol. And even though we have lost to Farragut the past couple years 6 to be exact. But we have dominated that series as a whole, it's not even close. So, i agree with your statement. And Why do you see AC being so bad? They did lose a lot. I don't see why people are picking them so high to be honest.

I don't necessarily hate Farragut, but they are definitely one of our rivals. Oak Ridge really doesn't have a rival that we hate, you are right CC. At least in my case, i don't. This may sound arrogant, but to hate a team you have to lose to them more times than you win in my book lol. And even though we have lost to Farragut the past couple years 6 to be exact. But we have dominated that series as a whole, it's not even close. So, i agree with your statement. And Why do you see AC being so bad? They did lose a lot. I don't see why people are picking them so high to be honest.

Well we were 5-6 last year. Clinton should have beat us. CC was so jacked up because of the coaching and couldnt do anything right. They dont have the same staff, they dont have alot of skill to run Daveys offense, and the Hicks kid is gone and he was their best athlete. Im afraid 5 and 6 win seasons are going to become the norm around here. No middle school talent either.

Well we were 5-6 last year. Clinton should have beat us. CC was so jacked up because of the coaching and couldnt do anything right. They dont have the same staff, they dont have alot of skill to run Daveys offense, and the Hicks kid is gone and he was their best athlete. Im afraid 5 and 6 win seasons are going to become the norm around here. No middle school talent either.

Hicks? Hmmm, i don't even remember that guy from the Oak Ridge game last year lol..But, AC didn't do very much against us last year until that game was already won, so that may be why? Nobody on AC's team really stood out to me last year, that's why i'm wondering why everybody is picking them #2 in the district? Powell. Now they lost a ton, too, but they had underclassmen contribute in a pretty big way last year, and they had talent the ones who did. I'd say Powell finishes 2nd, but that's just my opinion. Heck, we wont know till the season starts. I'm not even going out on a limb and saying OR is gonna dominate. There are so many things that can happen during the course of a season, like with us losing Zulliger for an extended amount of time. No offense to Powell fans, but we should've won last year against them if #15 doesn't get hurt. I know they probably don't agree, but we had to put Hall in who had zero experience, and they knew exactly what we were gonna do, just like Maryville did when we played them. We still woulda lost to Maryville, but i think we woulda made a lot better showing at least.

If we dont have middle school talent CC must really suck cause there middle school teams suck...lol Its going to be nice for you to eat your words this year....lol AC will win 9 or 10 games this year

If we dont have middle school talent CC must really suck cause there middle school teams suck...lol Its going to be nice for you to eat your words this year....lol AC will win 9 or 10 games this year

Wow. I like AC football alot but 9-10 wins? Ill tell you what im willing to do Space. I played at CC and kids went to AC. How bout we make a little wager? If AC wins 9 games in regular season, I will donate 1000.00 dollars to the AC athletic dept. If they dont, U do the same to CC athletic dept. We will meet and give the checks together. AC might, and should beat CC, but I can see them losing 4 of their first 5 games. Then we have OR in the 7th week. I like your posts and love fpor your team, but thats An Assinine prediction. Just let me know on the wager thing, im sure both schools could use the money.

Wow. I like AC football alot but 9-10 wins? Ill tell you what im willing to do Space. I played at CC and kids went to AC. How bout we make a little wager? If AC wins 9 games in regular season, I will donate 1000.00 dollars to the AC athletic dept. If they dont, U do the same to CC athletic dept. We will meet and give the checks together. AC might, and should beat CC, but I can see them losing 4 of their first 5 games. Then we have OR in the 7th week. I like your posts and love fpor your team, but thats An Assinine prediction. Just let me know on the wager thing, im sure both schools could use the money.

LOLOL