Will the Dragon Wagon in Clinton Improve in 2012?

Dragonpride96

Do I believe that? YES, no wait, H*** YES! That was back before unions and seniority had a strong hold on the "plants". Dont get me wrong, some of the dads minipulated the fact that their son was a gifted athlete, and im sure many approached the plants, that if they got hired they would move to OR and in turn OR gets my kids talents. You have to remember, alot of the suporvisors were from OR and loved OR fball and im sure many played for OR and if they could hire a guy that needed a better job and they needed an employee, and get an athlete too? heck yes it happened. Moronics brings up a good point too. Since everything went union, seniority, and government contracts, along with more TSSAA oversight, along with loss of jobs, OR is not the feared team they were 20 years ago. Dont get me wrong they are a GOOD solid program, respected per reputation, but not GREAT and certainly not feared. There was just way too many great ahletes that never attended school in Anderson County until high school that ended up playing for OR, for this to not have happened. If u dont think it happened then your just a die hard ridger, and thats cool with me. Dont want to bash OR on this thread, I was enjoying seeing Clinton and AC fans going at it. LOL. I think OR will win more games this year than AC/clinton combined, while beating them both by a combined score of 80-28. LOL

And i could care less if we are feared or not, to be honest. But, we are still hated by many, including you...Cause you have admitted that in other threads lol. As long as we keep a winning program and are hated, it means we are still successful. Nobody can keep a 90% winning percentage forever, man. not even Maryville, and Alcoa, that will eventually come to an end. All good things come to an end, UT football is proof of that. OR has had FIVE losing seasons since 1943. In that time frame that is less losing seasons then both Alcoa and Maryville. Just me, but that in itself is pretty dang impressive. I take that back, Maryville has had 5 losing seasons also in that time frame, just to give you an idea. DB has had 6 and Alcoa 9 since 1962 just to give you an idea how consistent OR has been over the years.

Edited by SweetScience

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is fun watching AC and Clinton Accuse each other of cheating and recruiting ETC... LOL How bout keeping both your coaches out of Jacksboro Middle and LaFollette middle and play with the kids coming up from their own Middle schools. Then maybe , just maybe, Campbell county can have a few decent years. AC has never abd I mean NEVER had an outstanding season that their key player or players, werent from Campbell county. Just check it out you guys know its true. I mean My kid went to Middle school in AC, went to AC to play. Didnt get to play alot because everyone in front of him was from Campbell County. He was good enough to beat all the kids in AC out to play, but when your binging in 8-10 kids from outside, its hard to play. And thats just CC kids, their recruiting everywhere now because the Price boys are at CC and keeping all the talent there now. Alot of parents are sick of the way their being done at AC and mpving their kids to GRACE. AC messed up when they let Johnny Cox take the athletic director job at Grace. Alot of people in AC go to church at Grace and that is a great rucruiting tool for them to slide over to Grace. Johnny knows alot of people in AC and that helps them. So take your lumps like the rest of the district. AC will win 5 games, Clinton maybe 2, and I love it. LOL

excuses is all i hear!!! the price twins will not be up there long you can not win at cc and that is why everybody that was good at football left.

Don't get me wrong buddy, i am sure it happened, but to say that was why OR had the success they did back in them days for THAT reason alone, i DO NOT buy it! Yes, i am a DIE HARD Ridger, but you have to know my dad has been a DIE hard OR fan since he has been alive and so have i. I have kept up with this program for many many years. That type of thing has happened EVERYWHERE man, not just Oak Ridge! To say that the only reason OR has had the success they have had all these years was because they recruited is ludicrous man. Then why in 94 95 96 when OR had REALLY good teams, and if it wasn't for Riverdale probably woulda won a few titles. Why is it i went to grade school to HS with every one of them kids? Mike Gipson, Jason Mccaddley, Shaun Bohannon i went to grade school with man lol. I raced Shaun Bohannon at Glenwood in the 40 yard dash believe it or not lol. Seriously though,what about 2005 when we went to state. Was that because of the plants? What about 2010 we went to the semis? I guess that was because of the plants, too? A lot of Oak Ridge's talent over the years the great talented athletes have been african americans. I know for FACT that most all of their parents, DID NOT work at the plants, man. C'mon. You are gonna and everybody else who believes this is gonna believe what they think, but since i have been associated with OR football for 30+ years, don't you think i might just know a tad bit?

Ive been associated with OR football for over 30 years too. Ive hated them for over 30 years, LOL. JK. Everyboby hates a winner except the winners and their fans. I dont think it was THE reason OR was so dominant but as u said, im sure it helped. Again I dont want to bash OR to bad on a Clinton Dragon thread. I think u guys are as good a program and have the facilities and fan base that any HS team would want. I think from what ive seen of your middle school programs OR is probably in the midst of one of those 94-96 runs. As ive said in the other threads, OR is loaded in football and Basketball. IF rian plays Bball next year I think they can make a serious run at a final four appearance. I mean u won 27 games and have everyone back. Lets get back to laughing at Clinton again You know what they say, " if you cant say anything good about OR, say something bad about CLINTON" LOL.

Ive been associated with OR football for over 30 years too. Ive hated them for over 30 years, LOL. JK. Everyboby hates a winner except the winners and their fans. I dont think it was THE reason OR was so dominant but as u said, im sure it helped. Again I dont want to bash OR to bad on a Clinton Dragon thread. I think u guys are as good a program and have the facilities and fan base that any HS team would want. I think from what ive seen of your middle school programs OR is probably in the midst of one of those 94-96 runs. As ive said in the other threads, OR is loaded in football and Basketball. IF rian plays Bball next year I think they can make a serious run at a final four appearance. I mean u won 27 games and have everyone back. Lets get back to laughing at Clinton again You know what they say, " if you cant say anything good about OR, say something bad about CLINTON" LOL.

LOL! You know what, man? Maryville and Alcoa has set the bar so high the past 10 years, that everybody compares everything to them 2 teams. Oak Ridge since 2005-2011 has made 1 state title appearance, 1 semifinal appearance, and one quarterfinal appearance last year. THAT is pretty dang good, man! I bet a lot of other programs wished they could make that claim! Like i said, Maryville has raised the bar SO high these past 10 years, that everybody compares EVERYTHING to them. When in reality, what Oak Ridge has accomplished the past 6 years is what has been the norm for them the past 40 years, EXCEPT for the back to back titles in 79 and 80, and that is the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! You know what, man? Maryville and Alcoa has set the bar so high the past 10 years, that everybody compares everything to them 2 teams. Oak Ridge since 2005-2011 has made 1 state title appearance, 1 semifinal appearance, and one quarterfinal appearance last year. THAT is pretty dang good, man! I bet a lot of other programs wished they could make that claim! Like i said, Maryville has raised the bar SO high these past 10 years, that everybody compares EVERYTHING to them. When in reality, what Oak Ridge has accomplished the past 6 years is what has been the norm for them the past 40 years, EXCEPT for the back to back titles in 79 and 80, and that is the truth.

The past 6 years is 2006~ 20011 in 2006 OR didnt make playoffs,2007 1st round lost, 2008 didnt make playoffs, 2009 1st rd lost, 2010 4th round, 2011 3rd round. That is ok they are alot of schools that makes the playoffs and win a few like AC...LOL But Alcoa and Maryville are in a leauge of there own. I see oakridge making playoffs but a 1st or 2nd round lost this year....

The past 6 years is 2006~ 20011 in 2006 OR didnt make playoffs,2007 1st round lost, 2008 didnt make playoffs, 2009 1st rd lost, 2010 4th round, 2011 3rd round. That is ok they are alot of schools that makes the playoffs and win a few like AC...LOL But Alcoa and Maryville are in a leauge of there own. I see oakridge making playoffs but a 1st or 2nd round lost this year....

1st or second round lost? Where did it get lost to? Thanks for the update, space. I'll just come to you if i need any playoff scores this year. Wish i knew how the season was going to play out before it even starts!

Edited by SweetScience

My bad...lol Your winning tradition has been lost for a while but last two years been good but I just dont see you all making it far this season just my opinion. But we still got to play out the season but ill be sure to give you some predictions for this season, Just ask... :thumb: I was just pointing out that there has been plenty of teams that has done just as good as OR the last 6 years thats all...

My bad...lol Your winning tradition has been lost for a while but last two years been good but I just dont see you all making it far this season just my opinion. But we still got to play out the season but ill be sure to give you some predictions for this season, Just ask... :thumb: I was just pointing out that there has been plenty of teams that has done just as good as OR the last 6 years thats all...

Playoff expectations aside, who beats OR in the district this season?

Edited by osunut2

Playoff expectations aside, who beats OR in the district this season?

I think AC could but my pick is Oakridge to win the district hoping both teams have 0 losses in the district when they play. Should be a better game than last year..... But you never know till you play the game...Cant wait till the season starts :popcorneater: We have a big match up 1st game of the season. CAK has there offense back defending state champs. But my prediction might change after the season starts and befor the OR and AC game.... Go AC!!!!!!!!

Edited by Space3