Springfield Yellow Jackets 2012

OldJacketFan

This situation is now crystal clear. The Principal probably has a buddy he would like to appoint to this position. Myers has done so much for the kids in his program on and off the field. He will be missed greatly. The program will suffer. Granted, the team didn't advance in the playoffs as far as Myers would have liked but they were very competitive and exciting to watch.

As a loyal reader of the Springfield boards, respecter of the Commissioner and Kevin38, and a overall fan of District 10-AAA, I am puzzled to read of this "support" the Yellowjacket fanbase speaks of as it relates to the football program at Springfield. "IF" the community is in such support of Coach Myers, his staff, and the student athletes of Springfield, why then is it such a stretch to suggest that the best way of showing this is simply by your attendance? If a person were to ask me if Springfield was a community that supports its team...I would have a hard time answering that question given the number of fans who put forth the effort to travel and support!....are these "supporters" protesting the principal by not attending? Is that the reason the crowds are small? The team has excellent participation as far as number of kids on the roster. To my knowledge, Springfield is not a suppressed area econonically. Commissioner...please weigh in!

p.s. Why the exodus of 3 possibly 5 assistant coaches prior to the announcement of the head coach being dismissed?

As a loyal reader of the Springfield boards, respecter of the Commissioner and Kevin38, and a overall fan of District 10-AAA, I am puzzled to read of this "support" the Yellowjacket fanbase speaks of as it relates to the football program at Springfield. "IF" the community is in such support of Coach Myers, his staff, and the student athletes of Springfield, why then is it such a stretch to suggest that the best way of showing this is simply by your attendance? If a person were to ask me if Springfield was a community that supports its team...I would have a hard time answering that question given the number of fans who put forth the effort to travel and support!....are these "supporters" protesting the principal by not attending? Is that the reason the crowds are small? The team has excellent participation as far as number of kids on the roster. To my knowledge, Springfield is not a suppressed area econonically. Commissioner...please weigh in!

p.s. Why the exodus of 3 possibly 5 assistant coaches prior to the announcement of the head coach being dismissed?

Springfield's home games brought big crowds. Do you think the assistants that are leaving knew something was in the works all along.... i think so

Edited by 12NCS

Springfield's home games brought big crowds. Do you think the assistants that are leaving knew something was in the works all along.... i think so

Yes! Even Coach Chris new something was up. I would dare say that Coach Myers saw it coming as well. He probably gave his assistants the heads up before hand. IMO, that was a classy move on his part. I just wonder if there is more to the story. We , the people of Montgomery County would like to know. Good luck to all parties involved.

Yes! Even Coach Chris new something was up. I would dare say that Coach Myers saw it coming as well. He probably gave his assistants the heads up before hand. IMO, that was a classy move on his part. I just wonder if there is more to the story. We , the people of Montgomery County would like to know. Good luck to all parties involved.

I was told that the administration wanted the football team to move in a different direction yesterday at 3:05. Thanks for everyones concern.

The Springfield program is different than your one county high school situation with great support,the Springfield school district has been hurt by an school administration that is reeking of nepotism and cronyism. It is a school district that has been neglected for this reason, many of our players parents cannot afford or sadly don't participate in their child's education or sports activities. Coach Meyers done a great job with what he was dealt. Now it will be set back , because of the very reason the Robertson Co. school system is frowned upon: poor leadership.Schools built on every corner of the county with empty classroom space and portables in Springfield to educate a more diverse student body. God Help us in the search for a new school director , but I'm afraid it will be the same old , same old and this practice will continue. I care about SHS and its football program. I think the present principal has a problem with tearing down rather than building up students and teachers, he is the problem. He did'nt hire school Meyers and I guess he wants someone to co-sign his BS. Its time for others to lead our school and school system as a whole. Again, thanks Coach Meyers for your service.

The Springfield program is different than your one county high school situation with great support,the Springfield school district has been hurt by an school administration that is reeking of nepotism and cronyism. It is a school district that has been neglected for this reason, many of our players parents cannot afford or sadly don't participate in their child's education or sports activities. Coach Meyers done a great job with what he was dealt. Now it will be set back , because of the very reason the Robertson Co. school system is frowned upon: poor leadership.Schools built on every corner of the county with empty classroom space and portables in Springfield to educate a more diverse student body. God Help us in the search for a new school director , but I'm afraid it will be the same old , same old and this practice will continue. I care about SHS and its football program. I think the present principal has a problem with tearing down rather than building up students and teachers, he is the problem. He did'nt hire school Meyers and I guess he wants someone to co-sign his BS. Its time for others to lead our school and school system as a whole. Again, thanks Coach Meyers for your service.

Leon...if what you say is accurate..(and I have no reason to believe otherwise), then that indeed is a sad state of affairs. To be successful in high school athletics during this day and age, it takes an "all-out buy in" by each and every member of the school system. Of course, it begins with the Director of Schools, followed closely by the school's principal, AD, teachers, coaches, students, student athletes, parents and community. Sadly, Springfield does have a nucleus of which to build from yet the program seems to stubble over obstacles from within. As stated by another poster, the game atomsphere "in Springfield" is an exciting one...due to the fact they field a competitive and exciting team. (although it should be better when they travel) Trust me when I say this, no one wants more to see Springfield succeed than the high school football fans in Paris! When the Yellowjackets AND the Dickson County Cougars are good, it enhances the overall quality of our district! The student athletes of that school system deserve to have the potential maximized! They are an eager and talented bunch....here's hoping the course is corrected in the days to come!

Edited by QBClubPrez

First of all I personally hope people see how much Kelly has done for the Program. When we first arrived there was alot of issues, and now things have been structured. My fear is how will the boys take to his news.

Granted there were disagreements, but at the end of the day Coach Myers is the head coach. He has done a great job, and I hope for the best for him, but my reasons for leaving are family. I choose my family over a 2 hour trip to and from work each day. That is my reason for leaving the program!

First of all I personally hope people see how much Kelly has done for the Program. When we first arrived there was alot of issues, and now things have been structured. My fear is how will the boys take to his news.

Granted there were disagreements, but at the end of the day Coach Myers is the head coach. He has done a great job, and I hope for the best for him, but my reasons for leaving are family. I choose my family over a 2 hour trip to and from work each day. That is my reason for leaving the program!

Thanks for your service coach,I for one know how much Coach Meyers and his staff done for the program and we thank you. Passing camps, lineman camps and weight training were improved.Player participation was at a low until this staffs arrival, working for kids to play at the next level was stressed and trying to find them a place to play, thats who this decision will hurt the most the players, who have invested into the program and have had this happen just prior to spring practice.Two ALL-STATE players returning and the first senior class that had been part of Coach Meyers staff the entire time he was here, now thats thrown away in the wind because of a decision by a so-called principal , who in my oppinion has an ego the size of the Empire state building but the stature of an out-house! But I doubt our esteemed "Dr." knows what an out-house is, but I'm sure he is full of what out-houses contain.