Springfield Yellow Jackets 2012

OldJacketFan

I wish nothing but the best from all the atheletic programs in Robertson co, it's jus sad to see the Jacket Program leaderless starting with the top administration there, I really thought Kelly and staff were on the edge of good things to come,,, can't beat politics these days ! Springfield is absoutely loaded with kids that can change a program quickly if u can get em to play and I thought Kelly was doing a nice job of gettn them to play, instituted discipline, teamwork, and some really good assistants to help out and give the youth good direction after FB, good luck to the Jackets and hopefully the other direction that Grimes is looking for won't put the program back to the cellar !

Side note : eventually Coopertown "will" have their own HS and I feel that's not too far off in the future either

it is in the very distant future for a High School at Coopertown. Actually, it isn't even being discussed.

Southerland? Is this not the same guy who just resigned so he could be closer to his family?

You are correct RedSwarm10, and I am not interviewing for this major reason. Family comes first and we do not feel that I could offer the program 100% of my time when my heart is somewhere else. Springfield is a great community, and I really have enjoyed my time coaching for the Jacket Family, however, my family comes before football and the hours were too much. Good luck to the District 10 family, for I will be headed another direction myself. So to let everyone know, I am not in the hunt for this position at Springfield High School, and I wish nothing but the best for the community of Springfield and the Yellow Jacket Program.

I have heard that over 70 people have applied for the job.

It is a good job. If they allow you the number of assistants that Kelly HAD.Don't go back to the days of THOMAS AND OFFUTT when you were lucky to have three. They have to find someone who knows the history of the program, and don't think they are bigger than the program.

Always thought this was a good job with the amount of talent in the hallways. Springfield has a rich tradition and used to be a top program. Never have understood why they cant get a top tier coach unless the Robertson Co pay level is way below the standard.

Check, but there are quality applicants, hopefully they will hire a good one.

Edited by Bucksfan

Here is the latest info on the coaching search from the local paper as of 5 PM, Monday afternoon, April 15. One can assume the remaining local candidate is the coach from Coopertown, the other from the midstate is probably either an assistant from Riverdale or Mt. Juliet, and the third candidate is named in the article.

Here is the link: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120416/ROBERTSON02/304160062/Springfield-narrows-search?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Robertson%20County%20Times|p