9-AAA

SCBEST10

Cheatham scored 5 times. Potts had 2 TD runs and 2 TD passes to Brinkley. Brown ended the scrimmage with a TD run of his own. That is 5 scores. The varsity score was 4 to 2 in favor of Cheatham's (Brown's run came in JV action late). Portland's scores were on a direct snap to the upback on fourth and short & a deep pass where the receiver got behind the coverage. Portland will be better. They moved the ball well. Switching to the "single wing" has definitely been a good transition for the Panthers. I also heard that Portland whipped Macon County in a scrimmage in the spring. That's impressive considering Macon has been a 4A playoff team each of the last 2 seasons. I am not sure what this means for the fall and District 9-AAA play for Portland Panthers football but I do know that Macon & Cheatham are comparable to what they will see when they play the likes of White House, Greenbrier, and Clarksville Academy.

sounds like your source is better than mine. :thumb:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 teams bare watching this year in my opinion. Wilson Central, can they turn the corner. They have good facilities and the coach is poised either to make it or break it. They had a good spring and the talent level is pretty stable. They could sneak into the playoff picture very easily. Station Camp is another one. The fan base has been touting this group as the breakout class for the Bison. Can this be the year that they beat the big boys and gain recognition within the league? Some close to the program say they will compete for the title. They have a bigtime player and word is they have changed their offensive scheme to better utilize his talents. The other team is Gallatin. Not predicted to tops in the district but a playoff spot contender just the same. Just what does the new coach have in store and can he get the players to buy into his coaching. With new coordinators, will they be able to produce the same amount of success or more? Or less? Lots of question marks surround the program but the new coaches are working hard and after the spring, they have a lot to work on.

These 3 are the teams to really watch in my opinion. I feel that the others are very stable and either will be good or bad.

3 teams bare watching this year in my opinion. Wilson Central, can they turn the corner. They have good facilities and the coach is poised either to make it or break it. They had a good spring and the talent level is pretty stable. They could sneak into the playoff picture very easily. Station Camp is another one. The fan base has been touting this group as the breakout class for the Bison. Can this be the year that they beat the big boys and gain recognition within the league? Some close to the program say they will compete for the title. They have a bigtime player and word is they have changed their offensive scheme to better utilize his talents. The other team is Gallatin. Not predicted to tops in the district but a playoff spot contender just the same. Just what does the new coach have in store and can he get the players to buy into his coaching. With new coordinators, will they be able to produce the same amount of success or more? Or less? Lots of question marks surround the program but the new coaches are working hard and after the spring, they have a lot to work on.

These 3 are the teams to really watch in my opinion. I feel that the others are very stable and either will be good or bad.

Watched most of your spring scrimmage with Riverdale (who was without their QB and a couple other key players). My estimate of Lassiter has gone up; I know why he got out now. Your Wave did not look like Wave teams I have seen in the past. I am afraid you could be whistling by the grave yard. The power in Sumner Co. is at my end of the county.............Bucs will rule this year!!

Edited by rapidjohn

Wilson Central has a couple of very good freshman coming in. One is 6'3" about 225 lbs. and a heck of an athlete. Their defense should be pretty good and they do have a good coachiong staff.

Station Camp has a very talented sophmore qb and the athletes to go with.

Gallatin did get a very good linebacker coach.

Don't overlook MJ this year. They lost some really good players but have alot of talent; especially in the backfield. Their freshman team went undefeated last year; so they have alot of good young players.

Coach Perry and his staff will have the bears ready.

You will soon discover that it's more than just a soft whistle

I admire your dreams, but I am afraid they will be nightmares. In my picks for this year; I have you below Portland. :roflolk: This would be LAST PLACE.

I went by your new place last week; that looks nice. :rolleyes:

Bucs will rule in 12

Watched most of your spring scrimmage with Riverdale (who was without their QB and a couple other key players). My estimate of Lassiter has gone up; I know why he got out now. Your Wave did not look like Wave teams I have seen in the past. I am afraid you could be whistling by the grave yard. The power in Sumner Co. is at my end of the county.............Bucs will rule this year!!

Beech will definitely be the team to beat, no doubt. I wonder if you know how many key players Gallatin did not have for the Riverdale scrimmage. It doesn't matter though. Until the official whistle blows, nobody will know how good or bad Gallatin will be.

Beech will definitely be the team to beat, no doubt. I wonder if you know how many key players Gallatin did not have for the Riverdale scrimmage. It doesn't matter though. Until the official whistle blows, nobody will know how good or bad Gallatin will be.

No, I was standing near some Riverdale folks, and they were a bit surprised that they were doing so well with a soph QB. You are correct; new coaches, new terms. I do think that team I saw that day did not look like typical Wave group; especially in the line, but you never know!!

No, I was standing near some Riverdale folks, and they were a bit surprised that they were doing so well with a soph QB. You are correct; new coaches, new terms. I do think that team I saw that day did not look like typical Wave group; especially in the line, but you never know!!

Line did look rough to say the least, on both sides too. I also know there were several kids who saw playing time last year not out there playing because of injuries. It is nice to win scrimmages but if you can evaluate your talent and where you want kids to play, especially with new coaches and a new system, it is better for the future. While not happy with the way they played or the outcome, I think they saw where alot of work needed to take place. But if you can't tackle somebody, it makes for a long season. After some passing camps and more offseason workouts, I will be anxious to see where Gallatin is when scrimmages start again. It is all a big question mark. All I know is that everybody likes Williams and his approach so far. If nothing else a lot of internal stuff has been fixed in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...