Tragedy

Pantherfan66

My condolances to the Gant family,the Riverside-Parsons community,and everyone whose lives have been touched by Stephen.One of my two best friends ended his life in the same manner just after graduation almost 31 years ago,and I still sometimes wonder if I should have caught some signal of things to come,or been a "better" friend.I can't lessen your pain as a friend or family member,but I can offer some advice...remember him fondly,grieve your loss,and trust in God that the pain will gradualy leave you,and that the memories never will.For those who were truly close to him(as I was to my friend)...let the guilt go.Hindsight is 20/20,so wondering if something said or done would've made a difference,or foretold events to come is pointless.My prayers go out everyone who's hurting,and remember that God will not let you bear this burden alone,only He can ease the pain of such a loss.

• Upvote 1

The Riverdale family has became family with the Riverside folks over the years after their first Spring Fling visit. I would let/make Grandfather Gant sit in the Air Conditioned pressbox to get out of the heat and we told baseball stories. I became friends with his dad. As a dad of 3 and now 4 grandkids, I can not fathom the hurt the family and the community is going through. We spent time together Saturday as Stephen pitched well against Spring Hill with a dozen scouts watching. These are time when I wish I had bigger arms so I could hug everyone who is hurting. The Riverdale family prayed for the Riverside community today and we will continue to do so.

Edited by davidlimbaugh

I cannot begin to express how sad this is. Stephen was truly given a gift from God that very few ever get to experience. I loved watching him play the game of baseball and he will be truly missed by anyone who knew him. Last year when he and Dalton Potts pitched against each other was the best game I have ever had the chance to be a part of, and that is how I will remember him.

The Clarksburg baseball team sends our prayers to family, friends, and all that are feeling the pain of this situation.