Farragut tournament

haderade

Still haven't heard toots from the Admirals... guess finishing 2nd don't suit them too well. Heard it was a good weekend for 9AAA. Too bad for the Ohio team, come down 4-1, go home 4-5.

What is there to say they lost by 1 while using a freshman pitcher who had never even played varsity before. Plus it's not like KDB is bad. Don't they claim to have the most history in all of tennessee when it comes to baseball or something? i doubt most of the people that would post on here would know anymore about how the tournament was run than anyone else that attended the thing.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the weather on Friday, I thought they ran a pretty good tourney. As for the finals, we didn't start a frosh, but we did start a second baseman with no record. My ONLY complaint is that UT had a chance to make a real splash for those kids playing over there, no PA system, no scoreboard, no UT personel to welcome people or act as a host. Very poor PR effort by the University. They had the concessions open though!!! You could buy a $6 hot dog and a $5 coke.....but no clue of the score, the count, or the inning unless you just kept up with it.

Hats off to Farragut.....nice tourney. Well staffed and well called.

Given the weather on Friday, I thought they ran a pretty good tourney. As for the finals, we didn't start a frosh, but we did start a second baseman with no record. My ONLY complaint is that UT had a chance to make a real splash for those kids playing over there, no PA system, no scoreboard, no UT personel to welcome people or act as a host. Very poor PR effort by the University. They had the concessions open though!!! You could buy a $6 hot dog and a $5 coke.....but no clue of the score, the count, or the inning unless you just kept up with it.

Hats off to Farragut.....nice tourney. Well staffed and well called.

Agreed on UT, poor effort for a first class tournament with good competition. Congrats to D-B and Farragut, 2 of our 4 losses this season.

DB looks great, but always chokes come playoff time. Farragut looks average, but always plays great during playoff time. Sour apples from some people, Farragut always runs a great tournament. And why would they purposely cheat SC and choose Bearden (their biggest rival) instead? Doesn't make sense.

Whoa, big fella', nowhere was anything said about cheating SC. We had a good weekend 3-1, back to the original poster, ?? was why a team got in semi's giving up more runs than another (Bearden over Sevier). Best team we've had and that's why we came, don't read into something not there. Didn't see any other sites but Webb and Karns, heard others were OK. Should really consider replacing Karns as a host, yeah they were nice, but that's one landlocked area.