Stewart County

RustyPorter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has Stewco usually been such a revolving door with coaches over the past several years? MH stayed longer than I thought he would. They seem to have a nice school with good kids. What's going on over there?

Haggard resigned after getting a DUI. I would speculate that he was forced to resign after an arrest.

There is much more to this whole story than people know IMHO. Holliday was looking for a coaching position when his father got sick and he left to go home to Ohio. He was going to be the head coach at either West Creek or NW in Clarksville. He applied for several jobs and was leaving the Rebels no matter what. The talent level was going to be way down even thought the numbers were supposedly still up. The Principal hired an old buddy instead of looking at the larger pool of talented coaches that applied for the position in the Spring. That backfired when the man was caught drinking and driving on July 4th. Supposedly a call was made to the Austin (the interim head coach who became the youngest head football coach in the state when he accepted the position at Northwest). He passed after being looked over by the Principal in May. Now, it will be interesting to see how this plays out because the word out of Dover is the position may go to another guy who coached the Rebels several years back. I guess recycling old assistant coaches is the pattern now that Holliday is gone. Myles was the ONLY successful head football coach in school history. Chris Guynn went way outside the box when he hired Holliday. Whoever takes his place will benefit for two years from his leadership but will be on their own after Holliday's talent graduates. Good luck to the Black and Gold.

Cubs1, I am not one of the 4 candidates. I will be spending my time this fall officiating instead of coaching. I have not coached in 2 years and decided that time with my family was more important. Officiating takes less time requirements than coaching does.

Edited by Bama4life

Has anyone heard any news yet? I read on the leaf chronicle website that the job had to be posted through monday this week and a decision was expected soon after that date. First day of pads is less than 2 weeks away, could be devistating on a program if this hire doesn't come soon.