Gordonsville Tigers 2012

croz6110

I was very impressed with our starting defense they have really got alot better. The offense looked like we had an off game. QB just made things here and there that he usually doesn't, but then again that can probably be attributed to Gville's secondary being good. Overall good, though. I think counting every TD no matter what string was in I came up with 4 TD's a piece. Both teams should have a solid season. I did wanna see more of number 20 for us. He is a solid running back and is exciting to watch. He ran for that huge touchdown the first time he touched the ball then on offense I think I only saw him like two more times.

Coach Trapp had a lot of good things to say about #20. I think he definitely will help you guys this year.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scrimmage against Dekalb didn't go as well as I expected. The starters went 14-7 in Dekalb's favor. Gville had the upper hand with the second team 21-7. Gville didn't do bad defensively, but offensively they struggled. Dekalb's D was attacking pretty hard. Every time Watson went back to pass, he had a blitzing LB in his face. Dekalb had no deep safety and Gville only threw one hot route to a TE. Their D looked very similar to what SP would try to do against us.

Overall, I was impressed with Dekalb, they've got a solid team. We did some things well, but the things that need attention was obvious.

And, JT Swaim, who is a three year starter, got hurt. It looked to be his left knee. I hope it's not serious. He played G and DE and he's a senior LEADER. He is definitely a key cog.

Not what i wanted to hear. I'm hoping we pull it together by next Saturday for Station Camp, which I'm sure will be better than Dekalb (no offense), but we could end up embarassed if we dont fix the holes. Especially when you consider how front loaded our schedule is, we needed to be sharp now. Lets go Tigers! No points for second place.

Edited by Tigertradition

Not what i wanted to hear. I'm hoping we pull it together by next Saturday for Station Camp, which I'm sure will be better than Dekalb (no offense), but we could end up embarassed if we dont fix the holes. Especially when you consider how front loaded our schedule is, we needed to be sharp now. Lets go Tigers! No points for second place.

I honestly don't think Station Camp will be better than Dekalb.

I honestly don't think Station Camp will be better than Dekalb.

I disagree, i think SC is better than Dekalb...and i've got history on my side.

Station Camp is 4-0 lifetime vs Dekalb, in 05 they were 1-9, only victory was against Dekalb...51-7 roflolk.gif

Edited by slimshady

I disagree, i think SC is better than Dekalb...and i've got history on my side.

Station Camp is 4-0 lifetime vs Dekalb, in 05 they were 1-9, only victory was against Dekalb...51-7 roflolk.gif

History has nothing to do with this season. DeKalb has been awful for years and everyone knows it, but since 08 they have been a solid team and this year they will be very good. They have held their own this off season against good competition and there hasn't been anything I have seen that would indicate anything other than a good season this year.

This is my opinion.. But gordonsville will not win state because of coaching, they also do not have the best DBs.. All there key DBs left last year and the other ones replacing them have no experience.. When a team with passing and speed comes and plays them, they will have their hands full. My opinion they lose to trousdale and friendship and gets put out by South Pitt again. trousdale will be good like always and friendship is solid, I heard the scrimmage against supposingly the team that's is suppose to win it all in D-1 Davidson academy that they man handle them. Friendship has speed and strength. My opinion but mine doesn't matter.

This is my opinion.. But gordonsville will not win state because of coaching, they also do not have the best DBs.. All there key DBs left last year and the other ones replacing them have no experience.. When a team with passing and speed comes and plays them, they will have their hands full. My opinion they lose to trousdale and friendship and gets put out by South Pitt again. trousdale will be good like always and friendship is solid, I heard the scrimmage against supposingly the team that's is suppose to win it all in D-1 Davidson academy that they man handle them. Friendship has speed and strength. My opinion but mine doesn't matter.

They have 2 out of 4 DB's returning. TC will be down and Slim having history on his side won't matter in that one.