Who will make the Class 1A State Tournament?

Volzchamps

I'm hoping Perry County will make some noise.

If we can win we'll be in good shape with Home Field advantage and with either Columbia Academy, Cornersville, or whoever is second in 11A coming to Linden for the Region Semi's, if we don't then we'll most likely have to go to Mt. Pleasant and if we win that we'll play the winner of our district and then if we win we'll play the loser of Region 5A which will be Cascade or someone like that because we all know Eagleville's going to win District and Region over there...just like my Senior year when we were underdogs we won at MTP (1-0) on Richardsons line drive double for our only run, and he goes out there and pitched a 5 hit shutout...then we played Summertown (got beat 13-8) but we should've won that game cuz we were down 13-1 but came back in the 5th and 7th innings and scored 5 and 2 in the last 2 innings...but then we went to Eagleville and we almost had a Kirk Gibson scenario when Dunkle took me off the bench with 2 outs in the top of the 7th and i hit a piss rod to the center fielder who bobbled it and Dunkle who did the right thing, tried to score Reese Spencer from 1st but he got thrown out by a half a step at home...kinda sucked to end my Career like that but Perry County's only been to the Sub-State 2 times in its programs history...and to get there again (2 out of the last 3 yrs) for a chance at State for the first time would be awesome...they can do it...just be consistent and with all the Seniors on the team, they should play like its their last game of the season.

Edited by SportsFan70

Grace is eligible in all sports for post season play. Boys Bball and Football received 2 years probation (2010/2011 and 2011/2012 school years). All other sports received 1 year probation. GCA baseball made the state tournament last year after coming out of probation. GCA has played pretty tough competition this year and should do well this post season. Not sure how far they will go, that's why we play the games.

Grace is eligible in all sports for post season play. Boys Bball and Football received 2 years probation (2010/2011 and 2011/2012 school years). All other sports received 1 year probation. GCA baseball made the state tournament last year after coming out of probation. GCA has played pretty tough competition this year and should do well this post season. Not sure how far they will go, that's why we play the games.

How did y'all do in the state tournament last year? I know you weren't on our side of the bracket.

Why does everyone keep saying Oliver Springs?? They have been swept by District 3's #2 team, #3 team, #5 team, and split with the last place team. They even lost to a horrible Wartburg team yesterday. They would be like a 5 or 6 seed in the district 3 tourny...

The two teams from the east will be Grace and either North Greene or Unaka

You often don't see teams throw their ace in non district games and Oliver Springs has a pretty good ace in Cary Gann. Outside of Grace, Gann should keep any other team in the region in check. Not saying they'll be the No. 2 team in the east, but they have as good a shot as anybody in my opinion. Gann also missed a start the week they played Wartburg from a non throwing injury.

If what I heard was true... University High beating North Greene yesterday 13-2, I would say UH is the favorite.

They threw their ace against us on Tuesday and from what I heard they had a terrible day . I think that was their first conference loss . Teams cant afford bad days this time of year . Ng is a pretty good baseball team but I think errors have hurt them all year from time to time

If what I heard was true... University High beating North Greene yesterday 13-2, I would say UH is the favorite.

In a double elimination format (such as the districts) I would take NG and/or Unaka over UH anytime, anywhere. The thing about UH is that they capitalize on the other teams mistakes better than anyone else in the district.

I think (but of course I am very biased, so take this with a grain of salt) Unaka has a great shot next week. They have developed Hardin into a good little 4th pitcher (beat CD and only allowed 4 earned in a 5-3 loss to Elizabethton.) They need to produce more at the bottom of the order though. They stranded TWELVE runners in scorin position in their last game against NG.

In a double elimination format (such as the districts) I would take NG and/or Unaka over UH anytime, anywhere. The thing about UH is that they capitalize on the other teams mistakes better than anyone else in the district.

I think (but of course I am very biased, so take this with a grain of salt) Unaka has a great shot next week. They have developed Hardin into a good little 4th pitcher (beat CD and only allowed 4 earned in a 5-3 loss to Elizabethton.) They need to produce more at the bottom of the order though. They stranded TWELVE runners in scorin position in their last game against NG.

That is a good point about the double elimination part. The first game very important to win or you are behind the eight ball so to speak. The UH, Unaka game will be very interesting as to who both teams pitch. I do agree with you that pitching will determine who wins the District 1 tournament. Should be fun to watch.