District 12-AA 2012

bigredbird

Is that your order of finish? Page has lost a ton of coaching (some of them going to SH), Summit is still a bit young to compete, East is getting there, but not there yet. Giles is always good... You have got SH and Marshall at the bottom... Marshall has a lot coming back (with an outstanding staff) and SH is really fast this year.... Hard to know where everyone will be come game time anyway, but, if this is your order of finish, I think you are way off.

• Upvote 1

Is that your order of finish? Page has lost a ton of coaching (some of them going to SH), Summit is still a bit young to compete, East is getting there, but not there yet. Giles is always good... You have got SH and Marshall at the bottom... Marshall has a lot coming back (with an outstanding staff) and SH is really fast this year.... Hard to know where everyone will be come game time anyway, but, if this is your order of finish, I think you are way off.

Marshall had a good scrimmage against Lincoln County Friday. It was tied 2-2 with LC scoring late to win. I didn't get to go but I was told MC had about 30 dressed and LC had close to 60(I don't know if that is true)....Baseball and minor injuries had about 10 from MC sidelined. There are about 20-25 incoming Freshman that were very talented last year, some of them may contribute, but MC is a very sophomore heavy squad, the core of the team will be its rising sophomores, which many have been starters since their Freshman year. The backfield is absolutley loaded with talent. Offensive line is big and tough, very quick and well coached.Coaches are excited about this group. There will be some very good teams this year......good luck to everyone!!!

Page - Is going through a coaching change but is returning some solid players. They should finish middle-of-the-pack.

Summit - Will be better than last year, but they will need another season.

Giles County - Looks like the favorite here. One game away from the state last season and they return all of their All-State players (srQB, jrWR, srWR/LB)

Marshall County - It will be hard to replace the RB they lost. I look for them to take a step back.

Don't know much about Fairview or Lewis County, but they always have good teams. I expect them to be close to the top.

Edited by VolunteerLane

with my beloved Milan Bulldogs having played Fairview the last two years in the playoffs, I have seen first-hand the talent that this district has to offer. In the mid-90's we played Giles Co. in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. I believe they were 10-0 or 9-1. A very good team. But they got beat 28-0 I believe.

Having seen the kind of talent that was on the field for Fairview as compared to over a decade ago for Giles, I would says that this district is much stronger today than it used to be. I look for Fairview and Giles to both make some deep runs in this year's playoffs.

By the way, Fairview was a great place to watch a game. I we meet again in the playoffs at Fairview, I will have to get there early and do some tailgating on the hill.

Lewis Scrimmaged Chester County today (5-11-12) and Lewis scored 6 times on varsity and Chester scored twice on varsity. Lewis's offense was so fast that the Chester county players had trouble keeping up. To be honest, we have about 4 to 5 guys that can score without getting caught. I'm excited about this coming season. Still some work that needs to be done but LC will be up some where at the top of the district.

Marshall Co. had a great spring practice. We lost a couple of talented players from last year that will be tough to replace but coach will have us ready to go Week 0.

How did Giles look in their scrimmage Friday night? I think they will be our major competition for the district title this year.

I love how Lewis fans always come on here and talk about how great they look in scrimmages then comes the regular season where the real Lewis comes out. 4 or 5 guys that can't be taught?? Please, Lewis was one of the slowest teams we played last year.

My Predictions for the district

1. Giles

2. Marshall (It is tough to win down in the Brickyard)

3. Spring Hill (They are ready to bounce back from two bad seasons)

4. Fairview

5. Page

6. Lewis Co.

7. Hickman Co.

8. Summitt

9. East Hickman

12AA's Predictions for the district

8. Summitt

Spring Hill lost their best players from a bad team last year. They have the same coaching staff in place. They have talent but are completely undisciplined. I've lived through a couple of seasons with some of the younger players who will be expected to produce next year. There is no way the same staff will all of the sudden change these players into a competitive/ cohesive unit. As evidence, the Raiders gave up 700 yards rushing to Kenwood the other night.

For the record Summit is spelled with one T; not two. I also hope that all the players and coaches from the other schools in the district think the way their fans do about how the Spartans will perform next season. Because we all know, programs never get any better in year two of their existence and freshmen and sophomores don't ever get bigger, faster, and stronger.....

Edited by SummaryJudgment

How did Giles look in their scrimmage Friday night? I think they will be our major competition for the district title this year.

Giles looked great in the first half..the second half...not so awesome. But those who know GC know the coaches like to try a lot of people and test a lot tof things on the field.

8. Summitt

Spring Hill lost their best players from a bad team last year. They have the same coaching staff in place. They have talent but are completely undisciplined. I've lived through a couple of seasons with some of the younger players who will be expected to produce next year. There is no way the same staff will all of the sudden change these players into a competitive/ cohesive unit. As evidence, the Raiders gave up 700 yards rushing to Kenwood the other night.

For the record Summit is spelled with one T; not two. I also hope that all the players and coaches from the other schools in the district think the way their fans do about how the Spartans will perform next season. Because we all know, programs never get any better in year two of their existence and freshmen and sophomores don't ever get bigger, faster, and stronger.....

I dont know what you saw Friday night..... SH lost one coach from last season and has added 4 to the staff. Offensively they are much better. They did give up 6 touchdown's friday night but scored 8.... not like they gameplanned for a scrimmage and Kenwood was in a wing-t...... They are much better up front on the offensive line (moved a tight end to guard and the big fullback to tackle). If they can square up the tackling - they have a chance to be a lot better. Sounds like you are a sumit fan and a SH hater to me.

8. Summitt