Inagural Adidas Middle Tennessee Senior All Star Classic Announced

LeatherBalls

Erie is 5' 9" weighs 157 lbs. Here are his batting stats for his senior season

AB H 1B 2B 3B HR RBI

121 49 38 7 1 3 38

BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS

22 11 .405 .513 .554 1.067

Catching stats: 14 picked off 1st, 7 of 10 thrown out at 2nd, and 3 picked off 3rd. Not many run on him.

His pop-time is between 1.93-2.00

Verify them with anyone you want, Call Coach McNeal yourself. No he is not big in stature but you will not find a more dedicated player with the work ethic he has at his age. NONE of his family ever said he was a Major League Prospect.... any accolades Drew has ever received have been from HIS HARD WORK and TEAM PLAYER ATTITUDE.

It is a shame though that all that seems to matter to anyone is his SIZE. Oh, and by the way Habevols..the stats are not to "self promote" I just thought I would supply them, this ONE time, since everyone seemed so interested in his ability.

Yet, that's what you've done... never heard anyone question his abilities or desire, just the enhancement of where he'll end up or what he'll be. Hope he does land somewhere that is a good fit, he has worked hard to improve. Surely, even "linedrive" could agree.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet, that's what you've done... never heard anyone question his abilities or desire, just the enhancement of where he'll end up or what he'll be. Hope he does land somewhere that is a good fit, he has worked hard to improve. Surely, even "linedrive" could agree.

Size, or lack there of, is a determining factor in recruiting. Recruiters are often projecting what players should be 2-3 years from now. It's not fair to the player, but that's the way it is done. So they look at how more can the player improve, can he pack on 25-30 pounds, can he lose 15-20 pounds....can he hit the weight room.

I have always tried to look at the result, if the results are good over and over and over, then what else can you ask for. But that's not how "they" do it.

Edited by FightinIllini

Size, or lack there of, is a determining factor in recruiting. Recruiters are often projecting what players should be 2-3 years from now. It's not fair to the player, but that's the way it is done. So they look at how more can the player improve, can he pack on 25-30 pounds, can he lose 15-20 pounds....can he hit the weight room.

I have always tried to look at the result, if the results are good over and over and over, then what else can you ask for. But that's not how "they" do it.

Well put, but much too reality..."they" of which you speak have been that way and will not budge. I'll never forget comments like "greatest ever" on a good play and "your wasting our time" on a bad one and tickled haven't had to put up with that for 2 summers. Should be a fun day.

Does anybody know if there's somewhere to find stats on the games?

Game wasn't really about stats... should have been there. Congrats to Coach Cothron and the Trousdale Cty. people that supported him with all their help today. Very well run event and should be even better from here on out. Proud my son was a part of it. BTW, A beat AA 18-6 & AAA beat DII 8-5. Great day for baseball at Cumberland U.

Thanks for all the kind compliments today with this event. We hope that it can continue and grow. Word of mouth from you who attended is the best way for it to get bigger. I will be looking and listening to ideas to make it bigger and better in the future.

Coach Woody Hunt is the man!! Without his support it couldn't have went off. He loves kids who love baseball and it showed today. He even jump on the drag and helped get his infield ready.

Thanks to all the players. This was about them. Without their devotion to making themselves the best they can be, middle Tennessee would not be a hotbed of baseball talent. There were kids who stepped away from summer ball to participate. We even had a kid put off a family Florida vacation to participate. That's special.

There were kids today who showed that college programs are missing the boat. College baseball at all levels is a blind entity Size, Radar Guns, And how long they hit it are over rated. Bottom line: Can the kid play, does the kid have ability to grow as a player, does the kid care about his craft, can the kid support his teammates, and does he produce? That's the questions. I don't care if a kid is 5'9. Can he get people out? Can he move runners? Can he field it? These are the essential questions.

Highlights: Blake Qualls of hit an oppo bomb in Class A win. Trousdale's Adam Ford was 3-3 with a double and 3 RBIs, and made a great catch on a deep gapper to win the MVP award.

Class A pitchers looked pretty good.

Class AAA jumped out big early but DII held them down from there, but the AAA staff held off DII to win 8-5. Rossview OF Tanner Knit went 4-5 and stole two bases to win MVP.

THE HOMERUN DERBY: three guys advanced to the finals. Riverdale and state Gatorade Player of the Year stud Jonathan King, Trousdale's Adam Ford, and Ezell Harding masher Brandon Compton were the finalist. In the finals All three dropped eye popping bombs, but the king of swing was Compton who hit six in the finals. Some were unreal and towering shots. He hit one that bounced and hit the second story of the peach house beyond right field, but that didn't have nothing on the ball he hit that hit the front porch swing on the fly. We took a tape measure out to where it went over, hooked it to the fence, and pulled it to the spot on the swing it hit (remember, on the fly). The shot measured 447 feet (315 down the line plus 132 feet to TE spot). He was my bet to win it and he proved right. Compton hit 9 for the derby.

Awesome, Awesome Day.

Thanks for all the kind compliments today with this event. We hope that it can continue and grow. Word of mouth from you who attended is the best way for it to get bigger. I will be looking and listening to ideas to make it bigger and better in the future.

Coach Woody Hunt is the man!! Without his support it couldn't have went off. He loves kids who love baseball and it showed today. He even jump on the drag and helped get his infield ready.

Thanks to all the players. This was about them. Without their devotion to making themselves the best they can be, middle Tennessee would not be a hotbed of baseball talent. There were kids who stepped away from summer ball to participate. We even had a kid put off a family Florida vacation to participate. That's special.

There were kids today who showed that college programs are missing the boat. College baseball at all levels is a blind entity Size, Radar Guns, And how long they hit it are over rated. Bottom line: Can the kid play, does the kid have ability to grow as a player, does the kid care about his craft, can the kid support his teammates, and does he produce? That's the questions. I don't care if a kid is 5'9. Can he get people out? Can he move runners? Can he field it? These are the essential questions.

Highlights: Blake Qualls of hit an oppo bomb in Class A win. Trousdale's Adam Ford was 3-3 with a double and 3 RBIs, and made a great catch on a deep gapper to win the MVP award.

Class A pitchers looked pretty good.

Class AAA jumped out big early but DII held them down from there, but the AAA staff held off DII to win 8-5. Rossview OF Tanner Knit went 4-5 and stole two bases to win MVP.

THE HOMERUN DERBY: three guys advanced to the finals. Riverdale and state Gatorade Player of the Year stud Jonathan King, Trousdale's Adam Ford, and Ezell Harding masher Brandon Compton were the finalist. In the finals All three dropped eye popping bombs, but the king of swing was Compton who hit six in the finals. Some were unreal and towering shots. He hit one that bounced and hit the second story of the peach house beyond right field, but that didn't have nothing on the ball he hit that hit the front porch swing on the fly. We took a tape measure out to where it went over, hooked it to the fence, and pulled it to the spot on the swing it hit (remember, on the fly). The shot measured 447 feet (315 down the line plus 132 feet to TE spot). He was my bet to win it and he proved right. Compton hit 9 for the derby.

Awesome, Awesome Day.

Edited by haebvols

Also, big thanks to the sponsors... without them and CU, Coach Cothron couldn't have pulled this off. Look forward to bigger and better next year. Bunch of unsigned talent still out there for area colleges to grab.

The Qualls kid who hit the three run homer is unsigned hard to believe some college hasn't grabbed him.

It could be their own choosing, my understanding, if they have hopes of going in the draft, they cant be signed by a college. If I understand it right.

Real easy to tell a college, no thanks if your drafted. Know a kid just drafted today by the Padres, that had intended to go to JC in Florida. He has options. Sign or go play with hopes to move up to D1 or be redrafted.

Congrats to him and family.

Edited by haebvols