Rockwood

baseball100

HAVE NOT HEARD TO MUCH ABOUT ROCKWOOD ON HERE THIS YEAR KNOW THEY HAVE A PRETTY GOOD RECORD BUT WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE PLAYING AND WHAT ARE THERE CHANCES IN THE POSTSEASON

I dont know the criteria for getting to state,but Rockwood and Grace are the two best teams in the east right now.Oliver springs(who is supposed to be the best from the other district)would come in fourth in district 3,i think district 3's top teams swept them in every game.I have heard university and Unake are pretty good from the north east but i dont know how they match up.Grace is the big dog as usual,they have three transfers sitting out till playoff time and are supposed to be good players.

Edited by orngnblk

Rockwood has a great chance to make it to the Boro, provided they can get out of their district.

Teams seeded 1-4 and maybe 5 are capable of putting together a couple of games and advancing. All comes down to who gets hot at the right time.

Seeding of Teams for tournament:

1-Grace

2-Rockwood

3-Midway

4-Greenback

5-Harriman

6-Tellico

Seems you people think Tennessee ends at Knoxville.. District 1 has 3 teams capable of making state. And mark my words, one of them will.

Rockwood will need to beat Grace with their #2 or 3 pitcher in order to host substate. And that won't happen. So they will have to come up here. And aside from 2008, Rockwood hasn't come to region 1 and won a substate game in a decade plus. 2000 I think.

Seems you people think Tennessee ends at Knoxville.. District 1 has 3 teams capable of making state. And mark my words, one of them will.

Rockwood will need to beat Grace with their #2 or 3 pitcher in order to host substate. And that won't happen. So they will have to come up here. And aside from 2008, Rockwood hasn't come to region 1 and won a substate game in a decade plus. 2000 I think.

2008 Rockwood traveled to University School won 8-0

So while what you said is true, it is misleading. Its not like Rockwood has traveled to Region 1 every year and losing.

In the past 13 years prior to this season, Rockwood has made 7 state tournaments and 3 sectionals.

So Rockwood is 7-3 against Districts 1 and 2 in Sectional games. In the 10 Sectional games, Rockwood has played on the road 4 times ('10,'08,'05, and '99 or 00') and they are 2-2. Those are pretty good numbers.

Recent history suggests one team from both Regions advances to the State. I think the fact Rockwood competed fairly well at the LV Classic and not many people have seen Region 1 teams, makes many think Rockwood would be a difficult out for Region 1 (assuming that's how it plays out). Should be good games.

Rockwood is a pretty solid hitting team! They've hit the ball well off of everybody they've played with the exception of Grace. Going to state is going to be a tough tough job for this crew. Odds are being in the same region as Grace they'll finish second in the region. That means they will be heading up north! History shows nobody from region 2 has had much luck in away sub-state games. Rockwood is the only team to win an away sub-state game there in this region in the past 10 years plus to my knowledge. The factor that stands in their way this year is their pitching staff.. Breazeale their ace is good but tends to lack some control, he throws way too many balls for an ace and gives up a little more walks than what you would like.. Not taking anything away from him he's solid but if Rockwood is going to make it to the Buro he is the key and he is going to have to work his pitch count down and limit his walks... That will be the deciding factor in their run to state along with their bats.. I see them making it to sub-state this year but falling a bit short of the buro. But with this team losing just three seniors, two of which are starters, watch out for this bunch next year! You could possibly be looking at a top 10 team in single A!

Edited by olerockyrebel

Rockwood is a pretty solid hitting team! They've hit the ball well off of everybody they've played with the exception of Grace. Going to state is going to be a tough tough job for this crew. Odds are being in the same region as Grace they'll finish second in the region. That means they will be heading up north! History shows nobody from region 2 has had much luck in away sub-state games. Rockwood is the only team to win an away sub-state game there in this region in the past 10 years plus to my knowledge. The factor that stands in their way this year is their pitching staff.. Breazeale their ace is good but tends to lack some control, he throws way too many balls for an ace and gives up a little more walks than what you would like.. Not taking anything away from him he's solid but if Rockwood is going to make it to the Buro he is the key and he is going to have to work his pitch count down and limit his walks... That will be the deciding factor in their run to state along with their bats.. I see them making it to sub-state this year but falling a bit short of the buro. But with this team losing just three seniors, two of which are starters, watch out for this bunch next year! You could possibly be looking at a top 10 team in single A!

Goin to be a showdown monday night at 6 in regional semi-final game. Winner goes on, losers go home! rockwood @ oliver springs come on down!

Goin to be a showdown monday night at 6 in regional semi-final game. Winner goes on, losers go home! rockwood @ oliver springs come on down!

After that, You Get The RAMS! Let's do it.....better bring that "good" pitcher from Oliver Springs....

By the way, my prediction is for District 3 to ROCK Monday. Rockwood over the purple people.