3AAA All District team, Player of Year and Pitcher of Year

AlwaysARookie

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on who should make the team and win the 2 big awards. There is a lot of talent in 3AAA this year. I am hoping to see fans from ALL schools in the district give their opinion. Thougt it might be interesting to see who the fans feel deserves to make it before the real team is announced.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on who should make the team and win the 2 big awards. There is a lot of talent in 3AAA this year. I am hoping to see fans from ALL schools in the district give their opinion. Thougt it might be interesting to see who the fans feel deserves to make it before the real team is announced.

Guess I will start it.

Anderson County / Durand and Roberts

Campbell County / Sorry have not seen them play Help Me CC fans

Central / McFarland

Clinton / Marsh

Halls / Painter, Smith, Gallion

Hardin Valley / Fielden, Elliot

Oak Ridge / Lane and McDaniel

Powell / Skeen, D Owenby, H Owenby

I will post thoughts on pitcher and player of year next time.

I do think every team should have at least 1 representative. It is often harder to play hard and excel on a team with a poor record. Those guys deserve recognition also.

Guess I will start it.

Anderson County / Durand and Roberts

Campbell County / Sorry have not seen them play Help Me CC fans

Central / McFarland

Clinton / Marsh

Halls / Painter, Smith, Gallion

Hardin Valley / Fielden, Elliot

Oak Ridge / Lane and McDaniel

Powell / Skeen, D Owenby, H Owenby

I will post thoughts on pitcher and player of year next time.

I do think every team should have at least 1 representative. It is often harder to play hard and excel on a team with a poor record. Those guys deserve recognition also.

Thomas Cox for Oak Ridge is hitting .470 and has surpassed OR's all-time single season hits record (51 and counting); I think he deserves a nod.

I think it's very important for everyone to understand the process involved in selecting the all-district team because I think when a kid doesn't make it, the head coach takes it on the chin when it's not really their fault.

Each coach submits players from his team that he feels are qualified candidates. He'll also make a case for each player, usually based off of stats. It's then up to the other coaches in the district to vote on who they feel should be named all-district. Sometimes good kids get over looked and it has nothing to do with how their own coach feels about him.

I guess Thomas Cox is a good example. He's not a 'household name' in the district (I don't know of him) like a Owenby, Skeen, Painter, or Durand so he could get over looked in some years. I gotta be honest, Lane is all I know from OR and that Lefty that swings from his heels (can't recall his name). However if a kid sets a single season record it's hard not to make a case for him.

Also how many kids each school gets is all impacted by how their team finishes. Should Karns have more players than HVA? Should Clinton have more players on there than Halls? So they usually set a specific number of kids that will make the team and then it goes from there. Good players do get missed unfortunately.

anyone know jordan lanes record in district or hva top pitchers records?

For HVA: Tommy Weiler is 6-1, with a win over Halls as a quality win. Freshman Will Neely is 5-1 with two wins over Powell and he might have a win over Halls I am not sure. This is according to Knox News Sentinel.