3AAA All District team, Player of Year and Pitcher of Year

AlwaysARookie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to take anything away from Neely's two wins over Powell, but Weiler started the first game before it was suspended due to rain. Weiler has been the most consistent HVA pitcher (starter) this year and should be considered HVA's leading candidate.

I agree Neely will have plenty of chances in the next 3 years. Weiler only has 1 more year left after this one.

The coaches would be crazy to give pitcher of the year to either Owenby... No quality wins. Best candidates are Neely, Weiler, Lane, Painter.

In Drake's defense, he has 2 losses. He gave up 2 earned runs in one of them, and 1 in the other. It's hard to discount his year based on 3 earned runs in two complete games in which his offense didn't produce.

That said, there are several pitchers worthy of being the pitcher of the year in 3AAA this year. I'm sure it wasn't an easy choice for the coaches to make last week at their meeting.

I like Painter.

I believe it should be Painter. He is 11-1 on the year with an ERA below 1.0. His one loss was 2-1 2 hitter against HV and he hit a HR for only Halls run. HV got the winning run due to a misplay. I would guess he averages around 10 SO per game and around 1 1/2 BB. He competes every game.

To me, Pitcher of Year should be dominant. It should not be someone who pitches 4-6 innings in most of their starts. It should be someone who can stike out enough batters to make it easier on defense while not walking many. It should be someone who can consistently finish the games they start without needing relief.

Thomas Cox for Oak Ridge is hitting .470 and has surpassed OR's all-time single season hits record (51 and counting); I think he deserves a nod.

I agree with you and I he certainly deserves a spot. The bad thing is each year some deserving kids dont make it. I would like to see some more names before it is announced. I know it is not official what any of us think but at least we can gives them a little well deserved recognition.

Who should win Player of Year. I still cant make up my mind so I will stall another day.

I believe it should be Painter. He is 11-1 on the year with an ERA below 1.0. His one loss was 2-1 2 hitter against HV and he hit a HR for only Halls run. HV got the winning run due to a misplay. I would guess he averages around 10 SO per game and around 1 1/2 BB. He competes every game.

To me, Pitcher of Year should be dominant. It should not be someone who pitches 4-6 innings in most of their starts. It should be someone who can stike out enough batters to make it easier on defense while not walking many. It should be someone who can consistently finish the games they start without needing relief.

Good call and good reasoning!

I like weyler he is one heck of a ball player. He is 6-1 with an era of 1.2. I know when we faced him it was like we just couldn't hit him. He only throws 82... And his curveball is the most disgusting thing since yam patties. I believe he has the potential to make it a long way... If he grew a little. I also heard he is the stuff in the classroom. I believe his curveball is better than Drake's and Durand's together. A certain Powell parent came up to me the other day after the tournament game against Karns and he said, " The kid is incredible! He is like the second coming... Of Stephen strasburg" best case for Pitcher of the Year and MVP