Powell Baseball

Vols1234

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like in the next couple years it will be a tight battle between HVA (young infield and neely), Karns (all around young team with potential), Powell (always good and Havana the next two years), AC (Tacket and Stookesberry will be very good), and maybe Oak Ridge (not sure yet)

I feel like in the next couple years it will be a tight battle between HVA (young infield and neely), Karns (all around young team with potential), Powell (always good and Havana the next two years), AC (Tacket and Stookesberry will be very good), and maybe Oak Ridge (not sure yet)

Among the teams you mentioned I really like HVA and OR. Those two programs play in the summer together, work year round together. They for sure don't do that at Karns. Not sure about AC or Powell but the two teams in the winners bracket have worked two years and in my opinion put in more time together than any others in the district.

Edited by Soxfan1

HVA this year has been playing Freshman at 3rd, SS, 2nd, and sometimes pitching with Neely and Hunt. Sophomores at Catcher and CF. The rest are seniors at RF LF and 1st. It will be a good team next year. I don't know much about the rest of the district. I imagine Karns will improve. Powell will decline a little. OR will be better.

HVA this year has been playing Freshman at 3rd, SS, 2nd, and sometimes pitching with Neely and Hunt. Sophomores at Catcher and CF. The rest are seniors at RF LF and 1st. It will be a good team next year. I don't know much about the rest of the district. I imagine Karns will improve. Powell will decline a little. OR will be better.

also a kid we saw more at the beginning of the year wuth he last name Sears for HVA. Freshman first baseman with 2 or 3 HR

Yes Sears will most likely be the leading candidate to take over at 1st base for Chase Kirk who is graduating.

HV is a school that does not get much press plus the school is young and so are their players. Powell always produces quality teams so they will def be back strong. I have heard there might be a coaching change there. Oak Ridge will continue to improve. Karns may have a coaching change as well. Those are the teams I follow. Don't know to much about the others.

There will be a coaching change at Powell. Coach Inman let me know earlier this afternoon that he has submitted his resignation effective at the end of the school year. He will continue to teach PE at Powell Elementary, and no - he won't be coaching softball next year at Powell or anywhere else.

Jeff is a good person and a good teacher. I wish him nothing but the best.

There will be a coaching change at Powell. Coach Inman let me know earlier this afternoon that he has submitted his resignation effective at the end of the school year. He will continue to teach PE at Powell Elementary, and no - he won't be coaching softball next year at Powell or anywhere else.

Jeff is a good person and a good teacher. I wish him nothing but the best.

Any specific reason why? And any idea who could replace him?

What direction does the Powell baseball program go after another under achieved season

I think that Powell will certainly have a decent team next year (talent), but this year they had a boatload and still couldnt come together to win. If HVA or Clinton had as much talent as them they would make it deep into the playoffs. Its a shame.

Yes Sears will most likely be the leading candidate to take over at 1st base for Chase Kirk who is graduating.

Sears is a great player, I saw him play first out in Kingsport. He has incredible footwork and can scoop like its his job. He also has great power. Watch out 3AAA, we have a future star on our hands.