Official Single A State Tournament Thread

crazy_cowboy89

Apologies in order for the SP fans that did this. This is NOT representative of our community and our team!!

I know, and that's my point, I'm sure we have a few fans that are over the top but who doesn't. When you get on a public forum and call someone else classless, you probably need to look in the mirror. I love to win and hate to lose, but this year I've realized...it's just a game.

I know, and that's my point, I'm sure we have a few fans that are over the top but who doesn't. When you get on a public forum and call someone else classless, you probably need to look in the mirror. I love to win and hate to lose, but this year I've realized...it's just a game.

Would agree it was wrong to use the term classless for just a few. Congratulations to your team for overcoming so great odds to even get there let alone win it. Maybe this will help many in the healing process.

Apologies in order for the SP fans that did this. This is NOT representative of our community and our team!!

Tom, you are a class act and your brother is also. I've exchanged scores / emails / texts with you in the past and you are truly a class individual. The "railbirds" from South Pitt are far from a class act and, in my opinion, gives the storied program (in football) that South Pitt has built a black eye. South Pitt may have needed to do that in the past, but not now. You guys are better than that kind of trashy image. I know you are not a part of that group.

Yelling at a bunch of teenagers from the fence is classless and shouldn't be tolerated by the Pirate faithful or any other school.

Edited by gcapride

Tom, you are a class act and your brother is also. I've exchanged scores / emails / texts with you in the past and you are truly a class individual. The "railbirds" from South Pitt are far from a class act and, in my opinion, gives the storied program (in football) that South Pitt has built a black eye. South Pitt may have needed to do that in the past, but not now. You guys are better than that kind of trashy image. I know you are not a part of that group.

Yelling at a bunch of teenagers from the fence is classless and shouldn't be tolerated by the Pirate faithful or any other school.

Good to hear from you gcapride. You also are truly a class act and I have enjoyed keeping in touch with you in the past. I agree on everything you said. I for one am offended as a Pirate Fan that certain individuals act in a manner that puts a target on our back and damages our reputation. I realize most programs have their share of these type of fans also, but it should not be tolerated. These are kids playing this game, no matter what color their uniform is. We all want to win all the time, but we must be humble in defeat. Hope you make it down to the PITT this year for the football game. Look forward to chatting with you during the season.

Boisterous fans are a part of the game. I've never seen a game of any kind that didn't have a few fans from each side that said things that shouldn't have been said. It's just part of it and for the most part just needs to be ignored. I've seen all manner of ways to stop it and nothing works. Trying to stop it usually just makes it worse. The players who can focus and tune it out wind up being the best players on the field. The team which has the most players like this is usually the team that wins. I think it's one of the most valuable lessons the players learn. That's not to say that sometimes the ump/ref needs to toss someone. And there are the rare times that an ump/ref needs to be tossed, but, as far as I know, that's not possible.

Boisterous fans are a part of the game. I've never seen a game of any kind that didn't have a few fans from each side that said things that shouldn't have been said. It's just part of it and for the most part just needs to be ignored. I've seen all manner of ways to stop it and nothing works. Trying to stop it usually just makes it worse. The players who can focus and tune it out wind up being the best players on the field. The team which has the most players like this is usually the team that wins. I think it's one of the most valuable lessons the players learn. That's not to say that sometimes the ump/ref needs to toss someone. And there are the rare times that an ump/ref needs to be tossed, but, as far as I know, that's not possible.

Good Point D60...this does happen. I just hate it when certain fans cross the line of being boisterous to flat out being rude and inconsiderate.