QB Transfer from PA higly touted by D1 Schools already nabbed by FCS

RUBlind!!!

Most of us in our former region know that several former Wilson Central and Lebanon players mysteriously disappeared and ended up playing at FCS. Pretty sorry to be hiding out in the publics in 2A when you are playing with recruited 6A boys. Go play with the big boys at Ensworth if you want to get any respect round here.

You ought to respect us for what we do for the community and in the community, not for what we do on an athletic field.

Most of us in our former region know that several former Wilson Central and Lebanon players mysteriously disappeared and ended up playing at FCS. Pretty sorry to be hiding out in the publics in 2A when you are playing with recruited 6A boys. Go play with the big boys at Ensworth if you want to get any respect round here.

Chattanooga has seen the same thing with the Division I privates. Maybe somebody can help me understand how these transfers are eligible their first year after transfering schools, in light of Article II. Section 13 of the T$$AA By-Laws:

Territory
– For a public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by that school as established by the local board of education. For a system-wide public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries of the school system.
For a non-public school, the “territory†of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from the school.

Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.
The following transfer students are ineligible for a period of twelve months from the student's last participation date (these provisions do not apply to students who have no athletic record for the previous or current school year):

a. A student who transfers without a bona fide change of residence by his/her parents;

b. A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless
(1) the old residence is outside the territory of the new school, and (2) the new residence is both outside the territory of the old school and inside the territory of the new school;

c. If a student has been ruled eligible as a result of a change of residence, and the parents or guardian return to the former residence before the student has been enrolled in the new school for one complete school year (or twelve months if the transfer occurred during the school year), the student will be ineligible for twelve months from his/her last participation date;

Here is the 20 mile radius map that defines FCS's "territory".

FCSTerritory.jpg

Edited by MountainTroll

You ought to respect us for what we do for the community and in the community, not for what we do on an athletic field.

So enlighten me for what you do for the community besides lure athletes away from their zoned schools? I talk to plenty of folk from round your area and none of them have respect for FCS at all. So what do you do?

• Upvote 1

So enlighten me for what you do for the community besides lure athletes away from their zoned schools? I talk to plenty of folk from round your area and none of them have respect for FCS at all. So what do you do?

Well we do something in the fall called Fall Focus. We get in small groups, usually 6-10 people a group and go to numerous places in the community to help people who can't do things themselves. Example- one year I was in a group that went and helped a guy who had a spinal disease that caused him to be a parapelegic. The guys in my group did yardwork for him and cleaned his gutters out while the girls cleaned the whole inside of his house. All groups do something similar to that. There are also families in the community that get in bad situations and can't pay the bills and friendship will help with the bilks for a certain amount of time. We do a canned food drive. We have a day in the spring called CIA Day where all the special needs students from the county come to our school and our students will walk around with them all day and just be there for them to give them some friends and we set up stations for them to participate in things. My senior class last year also went and volunteered at something call the Whip Crackin Rodeo over at the fair grounds and we worked it during the day while the special needs students from Wilson county go and enjoy a day at that event. We also send Christmas boxes to other countries so kids from other countries can get a few goodies for Christmas that they normally wouldn't get. We also have a class of around twenty students who take a mission trip every spring to Honduras and they do many things there and one thing they always do is put water filtration systems in villages that have never had clean water before.

Nice, but there probably isn't a school on here that hasn't done comparable things that you mentioned above. Oakland football players built an entire house for Habitat for Humanity one summer in between 2 a day's. When Marty Euverard was the head coach at OHS, that was a staple for the program to give back constantly to the community. So don't think your school is in the minority in the good deeds category.

Teaching them to cheat, as in recruiting, sort of nullifies all of the above that you mentioned though doesn't it?

Well we do something in the fall called Fall Focus. We get in small groups, usually 6-10 people a group and go to numerous places in the community to help people who can't do things themselves. Example- one year I was in a group that went and helped a guy who had a spinal disease that caused him to be a parapelegic. The guys in my group did yardwork for him and cleaned his gutters out while the girls cleaned the whole inside of his house. All groups do something similar to that. There are also families in the community that get in bad situations and can't pay the bills and friendship will help with the bilks for a certain amount of time. We do a canned food drive. We have a day in the spring called CIA Day where all the special needs students from the county come to our school and our students will walk around with them all day and just be there for them to give them some friends and we set up stations for them to participate in things. My senior class last year also went and volunteered at something call the Whip Crackin Rodeo over at the fair grounds and we worked it during the day while the special needs students from Wilson county go and enjoy a day at that event. We also send Christmas boxes to other countries so kids from other countries can get a few goodies for Christmas that they normally wouldn't get. We also have a class of around twenty students who take a mission trip every spring to Honduras and they do many things there and one thing they always do is put water filtration systems in villages that have never had clean water before.

Well, that's all fine and dandy. But it sounds like yall did not build a house 10 years ago, hello! Look if your gonna cheat do what I did. Take a class that the school your zoned to does not offer and go to Maplewood. Pay the open zone fee and go to Beech. Get the kids re-zoned go they can drive by Franklin on their way to Centennial. Do what Oakland does and offer a IB program and you too can find your starting QB. If the kid is good enough Ensworth, Ryan, BGA, Harpeth Hall, etc. all have great bus services. Options are out there, you just gotta know how to work the system. :popcorneater:

Nice, but there probably isn't a school on here that hasn't done comparable things that you mentioned above. Oakland football players built an entire house for Habitat for Humanity one summer in between 2 a day's. When Marty Euverard was the head coach at OHS, that was a staple for the program to give back constantly to the community. So don't think your school is in the minority in the good deeds category.

Teaching them to cheat, as in recruiting, sort of nullifies all of the above that you mentioned though doesn't it?

Yall kill me with this recruiting mess. Of course we recruit! Is it cheating? No! We're a private school and you gotta keep kids coming into the school and the only way to do that is to recruit! We have to put up billboards and things of that nature to get people interested in out school. A parent will see that and say "Maybe I should look into sending my son/daughter there" they call the school and the school says "We have a great school Blah Blah Blah, it will cost you 8000 a year and he/she needs to take an entrance exam and then we have have them enrolled." Yes thats recruiting and yes thats legal. Yall act like coach McNeal calls up an athlete and says hey come here I'll get ya in for free lol. No that doesn't happen. Every student there pays full tuition unless they are on whatever its called where you don't have to pay full price, and then that means they are ineligible to participate in high school sports. We had a freshman my senior year that was on it and he plays all 3 sports and couldnt participate in any of them because of it. All these athletes that seem to "disappear" from public schools all come to FCS for various reasons and none of them are because we cheat to get them there. Many come because parents are not happy with the situation at the public school. Most parents send their kids to FCS because of the education. Also you see many kids come because of the success FCS has had in sports and actually win instead of going to WCHS and Lebanon and going 2-8 or 1-9 every year in football. If you want to talk about recruiting though then go to the privates vs. publics board. No I don't think we cheat and no i don't think anything done for the community is nullified. It is amazing to see the impacts you can have on people's lives for doing just the tiniest amount of work for them. Even though you may not appreciate it, there are people who do and that is what makes it all worth it.

Yall kill me with this recruiting mess. Of course we recruit! Is it cheating? No! We're a private school and you gotta keep kids coming into the school and the only way to do that is to recruit! We have to put up billboards and things of that nature to get people interested in out school. A parent will see that and say "Maybe I should look into sending my son/daughter there" they call the school and the school says "We have a great school Blah Blah Blah, it will cost you 8000 a year and he/she needs to take an entrance exam and then we have have them enrolled." Yes thats recruiting and yes thats legal. Yall act like coach McNeal calls up an athlete and says hey come here I'll get ya in for free lol. No that doesn't happen. Every student there pays full tuition unless they are on whatever its called where you don't have to pay full price, and then that means they are ineligible to participate in high school sports. We had a freshman my senior year that was on it and he plays all 3 sports and couldnt participate in any of them because of it. All these athletes that seem to "disappear" from public schools all come to FCS for various reasons and none of them are because we cheat to get them there. Many come because parents are not happy with the situation at the public school. Most parents send their kids to FCS because of the education. Also you see many kids come because of the success FCS has had in sports and actually win instead of going to WCHS and Lebanon and going 2-8 or 1-9 every year in football. If you want to talk about recruiting though then go to the privates vs. publics board. No I don't think we cheat and no i don't think anything done for the community is nullified. It is amazing to see the impacts you can have on people's lives for doing just the tiniest amount of work for them. Even though you may not appreciate it, there are people who do and that is what makes it all worth it.

You forgot to mention that 'occasionally' that there are some 'boosters' who help the family and the student with things like "Tuition, Cars, Houses, Apartments, Gas and better paying JOBS" for the parent.

YES, it goes on at Privates AND Publics. Thing is the T$$AA ignores it when it will hurt them finacially.

I still think we should scrap BOTH the T$$AA and ALL the politicians in Washington DC and start over from scratch AFTER the Constitution!

• Upvote 2

You forgot to mention that 'occasionally' that there are some 'boosters' who help the family and the student with things like "Tuition, Cars, Houses, Apartments, Gas and better paying JOBS" for the parent.

YES, it goes on at Privates AND Publics. Thing is the T$AA ignores it when it will hurt them finacially.

I still think we should scrap BOTH the T$AA and ALL the politicians in Washington DC and start over from scratch AFTER the Constitution!

+1 harrumph! harrumph!!!!!

Should do well in this district. Will have chance to win conference championship every year and should be able to pad those stats. I can easily see a 6,000 yard passing season coming out of a top notch QB. Predictions:

DCA- 400 yards

White House Heritage- 500 yards

Gordonsville- 400 yards

Clay County- 700 yards

Jackson County- 700 yards

Pickett County- 1000 yards

Trousdale County- 300 yards

Watertown- 600 yards

Red Boiling Springs- 1000 yards

Monterey- 800 yards :thumb:

Play-offs easy 2000 more

I nominate this post for the most outstanding comedy by a rookie.

A lot of folks are aware that FCS recruits, it is no secret.

Is the recruiting done by FCS illegal? Then why do "a lot of folks" choose not to talk to the TSSAA about it? Being a fan of a public that gets the R word slung at it a lot I am skeptical of such talk. In this age of information it is more difficult to sweep these activities under the rug so get your proof out here.