QB Transfer from PA higly touted by D1 Schools already nabbed by FCS

RUBlind!!!

Commanderman, just a side note on what you said. First keep in mind, im not attacking FCS. I respect what they do and feel like they follow the rules for the most part. However, every athlete there does NOT play full tuition. Over half the football team is on the work study program or whatever they call it which is perfectly legal. It does discount there tuition though.

Busted. Go play Ensworth.

• Upvote 1

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but I just graduated in 2011 and I'm 100% positive that all the athletes who are eligible for high school sports pay 8000 dollars to go there. I played on the football team and I know for a fact that what you are saying is not true.

I didnt view each childs tuition records so ill let you decide what you want to believe. My info is 100% direct from current administration at FCS. So either they lied to me personally for no reason or you are mis informed.

I personally think work study is great for private schools. Goodpasture and Nashville Christian use it as well.

Busted. Go play Ensworth.

Its totally different from what Ensworth does. Ensworth can give a discount based on parents income. Whatever money they give, does not have to be worked for or payed back in any way. And even if they were in that class, with FCS's population, they would easily be in D2A which would put them with schools like DCA, DA and FRA.

enlighten us on the ins & outs of this work study program, please.

does it apply to all sports? is such a large % of other student/athletes on this program? if it does discount tuition, how much? is the discount multiplied for participation in multiple sports?

It can apply to any student in the school if it is being done legally. The discount is given by the amount of work done.

Ill give you an example. The grass on the football field needs to be cut. The fence needs to be weed eated. Four kids spend 4 hours each working on this. They must be payed a fair market value for the work done. Lets say a fair rate for that type of work in $20 an hour. Each of those students would get $80 off their tuition. The program can be used for anything around school. Things like painting or field work, i would assume are very common. The key to keeping it legal is that the work is actually being done and they are not paid above market value.

scholarship/work study= same thing just with another name.

Got to agree with 2P on this one-------BUSTED!

Ask the NCAA how it feels about the same thing with college players. <_<

They are totally different. TSSAA rules and NCAA rules are different. And what exactly would FCS be "busted" for? Work study, when done correctly is perfectly legal for a Division 1 private school.

They are totally different. TSSAA rules and NCAA rules are different. And what exactly would FCS be "busted" for? Work study, when done correctly is perfectly legal for a Division 1 private school.

Whoa....just who dictates the "fair market value"? You could easily get into a very very touchy area by doing this.

Whoa....just who dictates the "fair market value"? You could easily get into a very very touchy area by doing this.

You are correct. I would assume a TSSAA official would be the judge should the work study program be audited.