Knoxville Halls head football coach Kevin Julian resigns

CoachT

I think this is a little ridiculous. Hire the guy as the head coach, don't put interim on it & if you aren't happy with the results then fire him. Also, as I pointed out before they can't even get a coach in the building. Some positions should be made for coaches & PE is one of them. Julian should not be able to occupy a PE position & make it to where Halls can't even bring a coach in the building.

I don't know Julian he might be a great PE teacher, I just feel some jobs should come with the title of teacher/coach & if you lose either job then you lose both.

coach1076,

You aint got a clue...does the word t e n u r e mean anything. Driver Ed has a former coach, girl PE teacher that don't even coach, positions in the main buildng with former coachs. That coach knew the way things were at Halls with no teaching jobs. With him staying at Carter, don't that screw up Carter's head coach trying to replace this guy IN HIS BUILDING?

coach1076,

You aint got a clue...does the word t e n u r e mean anything. Driver Ed has a former coach, girl PE teacher that don't even coach, positions in the main buildng with former coachs. That coach knew the way things were at Halls with no teaching jobs. With him staying at Carter, don't that screw up Carter's head coach trying to replace this guy IN HIS BUILDING?

Im sure it probably does...& I do have a clue I am a former teacher/coach. I am saying in order to have good quality coaches school systems are going to have to start adding into their contract teacher & coach both or none at all or all these spots will be occupied where schools can't bring coaches in. Im not talking English or Math teachers. Im talking PE Drivers Ed & positions such as these for coaches.

Otherwise we should be like Texas & pay a head coach to do nothing but coach. & Im talking they pay those guys 6 figures there.

Edited by coach1076

Are u saying if a head coach resigns and he teaches math, he gets to stay? I hope you aint saying that. Where do you put teachers/coachs when they get tenure but decide to quit coaching?

U say you are a former coach, why are you a former insteed of a current coach. Just my opinion, but I dont think coachs, not all but some/many, put in the time that coachs used to put in to be good coachs and to make players better. HS is a 12 month deal nowadays and has been for last 10-15 years. Talent plays a big part in success but coachs working at it and making players work at it is important to.

Answer this; why did KJ resign this late in the summer? Something must to have happened. Word on the street is he had a choice and he took the one he took. But if the strre tis right why would the powers to be force him to chose one or the other? Like I say, something had to have happen.

And rooster might be right, Powell aint that far from Halls, new coach, new system, he can help new coach in many ways, but I have learned to never doubt HTV.

KJ going to Webb...good move for him but does he also have a teachng job at Webb? If not how will that work out with him teahcing at Halls and coaching at Webb?

How many Halls coaches are at Webb now?

No. He is going to continue to teach at Halls and will only coach at Webb.

That's been done before, and is still done. Former Clinton head coach Kevin Catlett has been coaching at Webb and teaching at Powell for quite some time, now.

Teachers/coaches who have tenure can do that.

That's been done before, and is still done. Former Clinton head coach Kevin Catlett has been coaching at Webb and teaching at Powell for quite some time, now.

Unfortunate for the schools that struggle to find teaching positions for new coaches. There should be a way to avoid this as it happens to several schools including Maryville.

If you're going to look for a young coach to take this job, wouldn't you look for someone with experience on the offense side of the ball. Kj is most know as a defense coach and the little fellar that called the offense for a couple is know for, well he aint know for his offense knowledge. Find a coach that can run a wide open offense, wing-t, option or what ever they think fit the talent of the Red Devils, their has to be something they could be decent at with a little coaching. Bet, if you asked the parents that caused all this crap what they would do you would get 50 differnet answers. Just like they say, HALLS HAS "it"! Well pass it down to the coaches so they can get "IT" to the players and we might actually win some games.

Your current coach was, and maybe has or is still trying to, trying to hire a Maryville assistant that would have implemented an offense from his experience of playing and coaching at Maryville.

Kevin must be a heck of a teacher. Teaching at both webb and powell

Kevin must be a heck of a teacher. Teaching at both webb and powell

Which Kevin are you talking about? If it is Catlett, he was teaching at Powell up until the last year or so that I am aware of. If he went to Webb as a teacher, it has been recently and I sit corrected.

If it is Julian you are referencing, this story confirms what I have said:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jun/25/ex-halls-coach-julian-joins-staff-at-webb/