Goodpasture Football

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great year last year, excited to see what they do this year. Any thoughts on how the Cougars will do this year not only in the district but for state as well?

Goodpasture is a talented team with a rich tradition. They will be successful next year. However, I think there are a few teams that just have more talent than them that will prevent them from making it all the way to Cookeville such as Fairview, CPA, Pearl-Cohn and Milan. These teams will be loaded with talent and experience next year and would be major bumps in the road. However, I think they are probably a second or third round caliber team and I would definitely have them in my top 10!!

Goodpasture is a talented team with a rich tradition. They will be successful next year. However, I think there are a few teams that just have more talent than them that will prevent them from making it all the way to Cookeville such as Fairview, CPA, Pearl-Cohn and Milan. These teams will be loaded with talent and experience next year and would be major bumps in the road. However, I think they are probably a second or third round caliber team and I would definitely have them in my top 10!!

The loss of Wharton will be a big hit to CPA, I think they will still be good but that is a big loss. Pearl has been doing well lately but I have heard that some of the players might not be eligible next year. Not sure how true that is but still am counting them as a threat.

The loss of Wharton will be a big hit to CPA, I think they will still be good but that is a big loss. Pearl has been doing well lately but I have heard that some of the players might not be eligible next year. Not sure how true that is but still am counting them as a threat.

Its the other way around...Everybody who was In eligable last year will be able to play..They guy that tranfered in this year "Dee Harris" will also be able to play because one Pc is his zoned school and 2 the school he came from "lancaster" is not a Tssaa school.

Edited by FBfan26

They lost thier best player and all the offense with the QB. I believe they also lost the best RB (fullback). I don't know if they have talent/speed in the skill positions. Could be a tough year. I see CPA, Pearl Cohn, Fairview, Smith Cty, Cheat. Cty as best in 3a midstate.

They lost thier best player and all the offense with the QB. I believe they also lost the best RB (fullback). I don't know if they have talent/speed in the skill positions. Could be a tough year. I see CPA, Pearl Cohn, Fairview, Smith Cty, Cheat. Cty as best in 3a midstate.

The Cougars should be ok, maybe not runner-up good but we will compete. Interesting to see how CPA will do without Wharton. He was such a huge part of their game. Hard to replace that.

Until they learn to defend the pass, which they've been completely unable to do in recent years, it won't really matter. It's become the elephant in the room no one will talk about with them. Just my two cents.

I don't know alot about their ability to defend the pass but I imagine you are probably right. I remember two years ago the Milan/Goodpasture match-up in the semi's at Goodpasture. Milan was trailing 28-6 at the half. They went to the shotgun with 4 wide-outs every play after the half. This is something Milan never does, but Goodpasture couldn't defend it. We still ended up losing that game 35-27, but their inability to defend the pass almost cost them. However, I am not criticizing anyone, just making an observation. Lord knows Milan couldn't do anything against CAK's passing attack last year so we have lots of room to improve ourselves.