10A Outlook

WHH

NCS had 2 regular season games and 1 playoff game in the Dungeon over the last 2 years and finally get a chance to play JB in Nashville. This should be a good game with a chance for the winner to become the district season champs. The Eagles have not beat the Red Devils since 2004. JB has dominated the Eagles over the last decade outscoring NCS 303 to 93 with shut outs in 2001, 2007, 2008, 2009. However this is a much improved and better coached Eagle team that will be ready for the Red Devils. Trust me the next 10 years will be very different for these two teams as NCS will be even stronger next year.

http://nashvillechristiansports.com/

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching JB play McEwen last night I'm certain that CA will win the district. As for second place...we shall see. I haven't seen NCS this year but based on their record and scores, they'll be very tough for JB. For JB they MUST get off to a good start if they want to win this game! We've started off very slow the past three games and I think it cost us in the CA game. If we do the same against NCS I think it could cost us again.

I'm still waiting for everything to come together for JB (heading in to week 10)!!!! We play great defense and terrible offense or we'll play mediocre defense and one part of the offense will seem to do well like the running game. The next game will be the same but instead of the running game looking good it's the passing game. The past several games the running game seems to be off and the passing game has been on. It's really frustrating!!!

Having said all that, I've got faith in this team they'll beat NCS and go pretty deep in the playoffs!

Week 10, my picks in bold...

JB @ NC

HC @ ER

McEwen @ CA

WHH has the bye

If CA wins, they are the champs. The JB - NC winner needs a CA loss to get the title. HC needs a win to help them out with playoff seeding.

Current standings

Clarksville Academy 7-2 (4-1)

Nashville Christian School 7-2 (4-1)

Jo Byrns 5-4 (4-1)

Houston County 6-3 (2-3)

McEwen 3-6 (2-3)

White House Heritage 5-5 (2-4)

East Robertson 2-7 (0-5)

here are my picks for the last week of the regular-season

NCS over JB

McEwen over CA

HC over ERHS

There are to impact games for the last two games of the Regular-Season that will shake up the playoff pistons for the 10A that are already in the first one is JB @ NCS the second one is McEwen @CA. I think that NCS will win the game over JB this Friday because of our defense of play we will be very solid on that side of the ball on friday night. JB will be great on the offense side of the ball. so if we shut them down on that side of the ball and we keep there defense on the field for a long period of time i think we will have the edge. both of these teams are very solid on both sides of the ball. I think this game will be very. this game might come down to the last possession in the 4Qr. I still think that NCS will win this big game because there a shot for the title for both teams for the 10A Champs should be a good one both teams will be in the playoffs this season.

The next impact game for 10A is McEwen @ CA way is this game so important is that if McEwen wins they will be in the playoffs and the win of NCS JB game will be the new champion. I think that McEwen will pull the up set @ CA tomorrow night why do i say this. There is so much on the line for McEwen like a playoff birth for them and extend there season. I think they will win McEwen got a lot better each week from the half way point this season. they already pulled off an Upset this year @ Houston Co. If CA over looks them and not comes to play and thinks about the playoffs next friday then CA will lose to McEwen this week. If McEwen does win it will be very close game. CA probably won't over look McEwen but if they do they better watch out because they might lose there title in 10A. I still think McEwen will win because they will want it more. good luck to all 10A football teams this friday night it will be a fun night for 10A football. the 10A regular season has been like a mini SEC conference this year for sure. It will be interesting to se how many teams that we send from 10A to the playoffs this year.

Go EAGLES!!!!!

Ok so help me out... What has to happen for McEwen to make the playoffs if they lose tomorrow?

I haven't kept up with this as I've done in the past but I took a quick look at it and to keep it short and sweet...a McEwen loss means they won't make the playoffs. They have 3 wins and it's going to take 4 wins to get in. Even at 4 wins no team is guaranteed; it will come down to tiebreakers.

Just an FYI for all those D10 teams and fans. The way I see it, if Wayne Co. loses to Perry Co. tomorrow night it will shift playoff quads around such that Huntingdon will be in Quad 3. A Wayne Co. win will keep Huntingdon in Quad 4. I also expect Columbia Academy to be placed in Quad 3 (McEwen out). The winner of the JB/NC game will host Wayne Co. provided WC wins. If WC loses then it gets really complicated and Clarksville Academy, Collinwood, or Huntingdon will become a 3 seed. The matchup possibilities are endless right now...

Week 10 picks..

CA over MC

HC over ER

JB over NCS

JB @ NCS is the game of the week for sure as far as shaking up the district standings. I think both teams excell in different areas. JB is a power offense and NCS more a finese and speed team. Usually I would pick speed over power but I think the difference will be on defense. JB is a solid defense that doesnt make many mistakes. NCS has good athletes everywhere. The Swann kid is pretty good at his DE spot. However, imo NCS is a little soft in the middle and I think JB will take advantage of that. Either way I hope both teams come out swinging and give the fans a show leaving it all on the field.

Good Luck D10, its been a very competitive regular season.

I haven't kept up with this as I've done in the past but I took a quick look at it and to keep it short and sweet...a McEwen loss means they won't make the playoffs. They have 3 wins and it's going to take 4 wins to get in. Even at 4 wins no team is guaranteed; it will come down to tiebreakers.

Not necessarily. Right now 3 wins is in. 3 wins could very easily make the playoffs, unfortunately, because they take the top 24 and the final 2 spots right now are in with 3 wins. So it will totally depend on who wins and loses Friday in the lower 1/2 of 1A. 3 wins could very easily get in the playoffs.

Not necessarily. Right now 3 wins is in. 3 wins could very easily make the playoffs, unfortunately, because they take the top 24 and the final 2 spots right now are in with 3 wins. So it will totally depend on who wins and loses Friday in the lower 1/2 of 1A. 3 wins could very easily get in the playoffs.

I agree but if you look at those bottom few teams fighting for the last few playoff spots and look who they play, I think it's safe to assume that Cornersville & South Fulton are going to win their games (i.e. 4 wins). They both are currently out of the playoffs due to strength of schedule but they both play teams that are 1-8 tonight. For that reason I'm saying 3 wins will not get you in.

**Revision**

South Fulton is done. I thought they had a game tonight but they've already played Greenfield. So that changes things for McEwen. If they lose, they will need 2 of the following 3 teams to lose: Wayne Co., Sunbright, & Cornersville.

Personally I don't see Wayne Co. or Cornersville losing but you never know. So in summary, McEwen wins and they're in or lose and hope 2 of the other 3 teams lose (WC, Sunbright, & Cornersville) and they're in.

Edited by MOTO24