10A Outlook

WHH

I'm wondering if JB is gonna get bumped to 2A. I've been google-ing TSSAA 2009 enrollment for comparison, but no luck.

I don't believe 359 students has ever been 2A. With 6 classes though, it's getting close. From the link earlier, the smallest 2A school currently has 390 students.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to HC, NCS, and WHH tonight. Anyone have any info on how any of the games played out tonight?

HC vs CA was a slugfest. Both defenses played extremely well all night. HC cameback from being down 20-6 with 6 minutes left to win 28-20. First half scoreing was CA with a run up the middle early by #2 from CA. Then HC special teams took advantage of a bad snap on a punt and recovered the ball in the endzone for a TD. 3rd qtr saw no scoring by either side, was very wet and sloppy at this point. 4th qtr CA scored on a pass to #10 and then the CA defense picked off a pass and scored within a few plays on a run by #15. Hc answered with a 70yd TD pass. Then on the next CA possesion scoop and scored a fumble for about 60yds to tie the game up at 20 all. The next drive CA fumbled again and HC drove down and scored with 40sec left to take a lead. CA had one last chance that was ended when one of the HC d-linemen picked off a screen pass to seal the game. Overall was an incredible game with both teams leaving everything on the field.

Week 7, mypics in bold...

JB @ CA

HC @ McEwen

NC @ WHH

ER gets the bye

Current Standings from...http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule_group.cfm?schoolid=265&sportid=1&seasonid=190

Jo Byrns 4-3 (3-0)

Clarksville Academy 6-2 (3-1)

Houston County 6-1 (2-1)

Nashville Christian School 5-2 (2-1)

McEwen 2-5 (1-2)

White House Heritage 4-4 (1-3)

East Robertson 2-6 (0-4)

Week 7 Pics...

CA over JB - CA has the O/D Line to matchup with JB and their skill players are a little bit deeper I think. This will be an amazing game that will have HUGE implications on who wins the District this year.

HC over McEwen - big rivalry game here, but if HC plays the way they are capable of they will get the win and keep their district title hopes alive. On a sidenote this sets up as a trap game for HC with NCS looming next week. Those HC boys better come out and take care of business or they could get their tails handed to them.

WHH over NCS - This should be a slugfest. Both teams played CA close earlier in the year and both have beat McEwen. NCS is playing to stay in the district title hunt, while whh is playing for a playoff spot. Both teams have a lot to play but I think WHH pulls off what many would consider an upset.

Looks like a Great week of football in what is shaping up to be one of if not THE Toughest District in Class A. Good Luck District 10A Teams.

The Tennessean picks....http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121011/SPORTS07/310110042/Prep-picks-Overton-hopes-hand-Antioch-first-district-loss?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

Jo Byrns (4-3, 3-0) at Clarksville Acad. (6-2, 3-1): This will be a pivotal clash in District 10-A. Jo Byrns stayed unbeaten in the league with its win over Houston County as RB Jacob Wakefield rushed for 133 yards and two TDs. Last week, Clarksville Academy allowed 22 fourth-quarter points in a 28-20 loss to Houston County. Jo Byrns 24, Clarksville Acad. 17.

Nashville Chr. over White House-Heritage

No pick given for HC at McEwen, must be a pick 'em!

Here are my picks this week

CA over JB

NCS over WHH

HC over McEwen

the impact game of the week will be JB @ CA who ever wins this game will be in the drivers seat for first in 10A. I still think NCS has a shot of finishing second in 10A this year. but a lot of things have to happen first CA has to beat JB this weekend. Then we have to win this week VS WHH. Then the most to import games of the year for us @ Houston Co then next VS JB if this all happens we Have a shot to win the 10A Title this year and might get at least one Home game in the playoffs this year. Good Luck to All 10A teams tomorrow night we are now in the heart of our season's now so every game counts for 10A title spots an playoff pistons as well as quad placements. This should be another fun weekend for 10A Football.