10A Outlook

WHH

Week 6 picks..

HC over JB - This should be a dogfight and will probably come down to which defense makes the most big plays.

ER over McEwen - I screwed up picking against ER last week, not gonna make the same mistake twice.... hopefully.

CA over WHH - I don't see a blowout in this one, not sure though about CA's injury report, heard several staters out in the loss last wk

and ill go with NCS over the bye.... Booker wins it single-handedly icon_mrgreen.gif

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tennessean picks...http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120927/SPORTS07/309270006/Prep-picks-Maplewood-big-challenge-Pearl-Cohn?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|s

Houston Co. over Jo Byrns

Clarksville Acad. over White House-Heritage

East Robertson over McEwen

These should all be good games, yes even CA/WHH if the Pats come to play like they did against Greenbrier. District 10 starts to shape up after tomorrow night. Everyone is chasing CA and HC for the D10 title and playoff seeding. Will NC be in attendance at The Dungeon tomorrow?

Here are my picks for week 6

HC over JB

McEwen over ERHS

CA over WHH

NCS on the bye week

There are two impact games in District10A this week will shape up the standings and the playoff picture as of right now.

The first Impact game is HC @ JB. This game will be very fun to watch because of the atmosphere icon_twisted.gif IN THE Dungeon that bring to this game. I think that HC will not be intimated of what the Dungeon is like on Friday nights this will be a other statement game for the Houston Co Fighting Irish. JB will also be a very tough team for Houston Co JB is a solid team year in and year out. I think if JB wants to win this game they will have to play a very solid game on both sides of the ball an play of there experience and off there loud crowd in the Dungeon on Friday night. I think who wins this game will because of the Defense of play so I am going with Houston Co the new kids on the map for the District title contender This game will be a close game for sure.

The next Impact game for 10A is White House Heritage @ Clarksville Academy I think this game will be much closer than people think. If WHH plays like they did against Greenbrier they will have the chance to stun the Cougars at there House. But I think that last week for CA was a wake up call for them so I got CA with a edge for this game. This game will be a close one. This week will determine how the district shapes up and who has a shot for the title and who are the contenders for the Playoff hunt and who is out of the picture for the playoffs this year popcorneater.gifhungry.gif Should be a very fun weekend for 10A football this weekend

Good luck to all District 10A teams this Friday Night

I'll take:

JB over HC...HC is obviously legit but JB will be the more physical team tomorrow night and will get the win after a good hard fought game.

CA over WHH...I don't think this one will be nearly as close as everyone thinks. WHH's win against Greenbrier was impressive but I think they'll have another let down game after the big win. I see CA by 21.

ER over McEwen...this one could go either way but I'm giving ER the advantage because of their RB Bell.

NCS gets past the bye week...the bye has played a lot of games this year and I think it's getting tired. The kids better play it safe though; a lot can happen if you're not careful.

WOW that was a great game between Houston Co and JO Byrns definitely the game to watch tonight for 10A this one was a classic High School football game if you like defense of play this was the game for you to watch tonight. It was a heart breaking lose for HC tonight but they played very well tonight they are still a good team and will be a hard team to beat in the playoffs for sure. But Jo Byrns came out tonight and stun the Irish for there first lose of thee season. I was really Impressed with there defense tonight they definitely slowed down Houston Co offense. And tried there defense the whole game tonight. JB is still the team to beat in 10A an they sowed that tonight on the filed. they will be a dangerous team from here on out to the end of the season and into the playoffs again this year congrats to JB for getting the huge win tonight VS. Houston Co. That will give them some momentum for the rest of the season. I think that JB is back on the right track now and now is one of the contender for the 10A title now for sure. What a great defense of battle tonight

I agree alumni, it was a heck of a game to watch! However, it was also a very sloppy game with both teams turning the ball over so many times I couldn't keep track. Both teams also had several costly penalties. For those who weren't there, JB started the game by throwing a pick-six on the third play of the game followed by a fumble on the ensuing kickoff which gave HC the ball inside the 20 I believe. HC punched it in to go up 14-0 very early in the game. After that, JB shut HC down giving up only 72 total yards on offense in the game. Offensively JB had 292 yards of offense but only managed 20 points. I thought HC did a solid job on defense tonight and made some plays when they had to but just couldn't quite stop JB there at the end. So yeah, this was a hard fought game by both teams and JB was able to get the huge win.

A side note...HC's head coach is doing an outstanding job! Also, HC's players are small! I couldn't believe how small they were but they were quick and played hard. They gave us some fits on offense! I can definitely see why they were undefeated coming into this game...the coach is coaching the players up and the players are listening and believing in him. Good luck to HC the rest of the way and keep doing what you're doing, you may surprise a team or two in the playoffs!

Moving forward for JB, they have got to clean all these mistakes up! We're a good football team but we're not going to be able to overcome these mistakes against some of the stiffer competition. I was glad to see Jake Hyde, John Bales, & Miles Morris back in there!!! We're going to need this players the rest of the season! Rest up Devils on this by week and get ready for a showdown in Clarksville in two weeks!!!

And for my 2000th post...

JB, CA, and McEwen get District 10 wins. Current standings can be found here...http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/schedule_group.cfm?schoolid=265&sportid=1&seasonid=190

JB and CA (both 3-0) control their own destiny for the overall title. HC, McEwen, and NC (all 1-1) are still in the race, but need help. HC has to beat ER to take the top 2A spot. I'd say CA going to HC is the game of the week for D10. I hope JB takes advantage of the opportunity to see how CA stacks up against HC.

Week 6, my pics in bold...

NC @ ER

CA @ HC

McEwen @ WHH

CA easily could have blown out WHH last week. Rushed for over 350 yds on the Patriots but CA mistakes in the red zone and on special teams (3 missed FGs and poor kick coverage) kept the game closer than it should have been. Got to give Heritage credit they were feisty and held in there though til towards the end. What were your impressions of HC Shep?

CA easily could have blown out WHH last week. Rushed for over 350 yds on the Patriots but CA mistakes in the red zone and on special teams (3 missed FGs and poor kick coverage) kept the game closer than it should have been. Got to give Heritage credit they were feisty and held in there though til towards the end. What were your impressions of HC Shep?

Quick and opportunistic on defense...that's their strength. I don't know what happened with their QB situation leading up to this past Friday because I didn't see a one man game changer that takes over. I think he was at tailback from what I read. The guy that did play QB will sling it downfield on occasion though. They tried to lull JB asleep with the run and then take chances down field. They are well coached personel wise like Moto said. This guy is getting the most out of what he has to work with, so the comparison I saw earlier in the year to Coach Adkins isn't that far off in that respect.

Week 6 Picks...

NCS over ER - NCS seems to be the real deal, and ER is improving each week it seems but still probably wont pull off the upset

HC over CA - I think HC rebounds this week and pulls off what many would consider a big upset to shake up the district.

WHH over MC - WHH will just have too much size and atheletisism for McTown i believe.

Enrollment #'s on TSSAA for 2013-2017...http://www.tssaa.org...ssification.cfm

White House Heritage High School 564

East Robertson High School 424

Houston Co. High School 421

Jo Byrns School 349

McEwen High School 310

Clarksville Academy 189

Nashville Christian School 158

What will this mean for next year???

Edited by Shep