10A Outlook

WHH

Houston County plays a Stewart County team they haven't beaten in a long time. That will be an interesting game to me.

I know comparing scores sometimes doesn't mean much, but for what it is worth. Harpeth beat Stewart County 34 to 28. NCS had no problem with Harpeth beating them 32 to 18. From what I have heard about HC this year they should beat Stewart County. But you never know with these types of neighboring county turf wars, I'm pulling for HC.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea its gonna be a good game this year, with Houston county being 4-0 and Stewart county being 1-4, its gonna be a really tough game since its rival game, i know Stewart county is gonna try there hardest to beat Houston county but i dont think houston county is gonna give it up that easy, houston county has got this. LETS GO IRISH!!!!

CA give me a break portland is not the best team, JB I agree has a tough game.

HCalumnia11- Not so fast sir. Portland is MUCH improved and is a 5A team. LAst year game was only 7-3 final. CA will have their hands full with Portland.

If HC gets on Stewart early it could be an Irish win.

Moto- can you tell us about cheatham after friday. I have not seen them in person but talking to a friend of mine, this is Cheathams best team ever. I thought the 05 team was darn good.

HCalumnia11- Not so fast sir. Portland is MUCH improved and is a 5A team. LAst year game was only 7-3 final. CA will have their hands full with Portland.

If HC gets on Stewart early it could be an Irish win.

Moto- can you tell us about cheatham after friday. I have not seen them in person but talking to a friend of mine, this is Cheathams best team ever. I thought the 05 team was darn good.

Will do, and I agree that Portland is a tough opponent for a 1A school. JB played them in the East Robertson Jamboree and beat them 7-0 but it was really 0-0 with the starters in. JB's starters scored on their second string. We did move the ball on the first string pretty good but never could punch it in.

Portland is 2-3 with losses to Hendersonville, Beech and Mt Juliet 3 teams that would beat pretty much all of 1A - 4A and has a blow out win against traditional power White House and Greenbrier to their credit. Very much an improved team over previous years. JB no doubt has TE toughest assignment with Cheatham though those boys are for real.

With that being said, I still think Academy will win.

my picks for week 5

JB over Cheatham Co

Greenbrier over WHH

NCS over Lancaster Christin

Columbia Academy over McEwen

Houston Co over Stewart Co

The game to watch this week for the 10A teams is Houston Co V.S Stewart Co. this will be a big game for Houston Co this will determine if the Houston Co Irish are back and in the hunt for a really good playoff team

The Tennessean picks...http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120920/SPORTS07/309200025/Prep-picks-Hillwood-Station-Camp-win-streaks?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

Greenbrier over White House-Heritage

Cheatham Co. over Jo Byrns

Clarksville Acad. over Portland

Harpeth over East Robertson

Houston Co. over Stewart Co.

Columbia Acad. over McEwen

Nashville Chr. over Lancaster

My Picks....

WHH over GB... I just feel like WHH has a better team than their record shows.

CC over JB... wish it was the other way but CC is just flat out good this year.

CA over Port.. hear this could be closer than some think but CA should pull this one out too.

Harpeth over ER... Bell and company will stay in it for a while but Harpeth's defense will make more plays than ER's defense

HC over SC... gonna be a classic high school atmosphere and Like BaseballAlum12 said: Measuring stick of HC's legitness.

Columbia over McEwen... Columbia will wake up after last week and McEwen will be the receipient of their wrath.

NCS over Lancaster... will probably be closer than expected but feels like it could be one of those trap games for the eagles.

GOOD LUCK DISTRICT 10

Edited by TheDefense