Marshall County Mess

Croach

Cowboy, the coaching profession has some good and bad individuals working as football coaches. One of the things one can quickly determine about a coach is how he treats his players. I would suggest to you and the coach in question that he knew what he was getting into when he accepted the position at Stratford. I know not a lot of men applied for the position but he is the one who got the offer and accepted the position. THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM SIGN A CONTRACT that week and I net they will not wait the next time someone is offered the position but he should not have said YES unless he was willing to see it through for at least one year. People in my profession understand these are ONE YEAR AGREEMENTS and to walk away before he even stepped onto the field of competition is unacceptable behavior. No matter what excuse is given, he should have not accepted the position at Stratford, PERIOD! You can't make excuses for him any longer. He committed to a job, put his hands to the plow then walked away before the crop was brought in. Coaches and principals will take note and the next time he goes to apply for a position at another school district people will remember! I hope he has a lot of success and develops a long career in Lewisberg but the truth is the Tiger fans are not very forgiving. If he doesn't win this year he will be looking for employment next summer!

Commitments go both ways. If either party breaks their commitment,there is justification for leaving,regardless of the timing.

Commitments go both ways. If either party breaks their commitment,there is justification for leaving,regardless of the timing.

I'm not talking about a handshake deal. In most every school district legal contracts are signed. These are binding in a court of law for both parties and require a one year minimum committment. THis is why I have said and others have agreed this man will never coach in Nashville Metro Schools again. It is a matter of professionalism. The only out I can see is if they lied about his salary or the terms of his compensation package and that is clearly spelled out on the MNPS website. He is taking a paycut to leave Metro. Say what you want about Metro schools but they do treat coaches with respect and you will never lose your job as a teacher or coach if you keep your nose clean. They will move you to another school and you will be able to coach until you retire. No other Metro school system I am aware of in TN does so much for those in the profession. Contracts and agreements do mean something to some in our profession. Very few coaches leave Metro once they are invited in. It's just too hard to get in to walk away.

I'm not talking about a handshake deal. In most every school district legal contracts are signed. These are binding in a court of law for both parties and require a one year minimum committment. THis is why I have said and others have agreed this man will never coach in Nashville Metro Schools again. It is a matter of professionalism. The only out I can see is if they lied about his salary or the terms of his compensation package and that is clearly spelled out on the MNPS website. He is taking a paycut to leave Metro. Say what you want about Metro schools but they do treat coaches with respect and you will never lose your job as a teacher or coach if you keep your nose clean. They will move you to another school and you will be able to coach until you retire. No other Metro school system I am aware of in TN does so much for those in the profession. Contracts and agreements do mean something to some in our profession. Very few coaches leave Metro once they are invited in. It's just too hard to get in to walk away.

The word professionalism is not used or practiced in metro. Coach Pitts may the smartest coach in metro in that he got out. I do not think he has any desires to ever come back. Edited by fb247

Funny: I know lots of coaches that try to get into Metro every year and can't.

They should be glad that they don't get in. From the outside looking in,it appears to be a good place to coach. Love is blind also.metro is like a box of chocolates ,never know what you might get. It is all about the admin in the school,some are good and some bad. Edited by fb247