Marshall County Mess

Croach

At least in Marshall Co when we find wrong doing we do the right thing. Unlike other people who glamorize it and deny wrong doing.

Wrong like trying to get a few dollars for coaches that work the tails off or wrong like school board members telling the kids of Marshall Co to speak to their lawyers? Which one is it?

Wrong like trying to get a few dollars for coaches that work the tails off or wrong like school board members telling the kids of Marshall Co to speak to their lawyers? Which one is it?

When you get extra money it has to be ran through the board and payroll so the proper taxes are taken out. I agree they should make more money but the under the table method is not the right avenue. Like I said people in Giles lack integrity and wouldn't understand the situation. everyone involved in this situation needs to know certain actions cause certain consequences.

When you get extra money it has to be ran through the board and payroll so the proper taxes are taken out. I agree they should make more money but the under the table method is not the right avenue. Like I said people in Giles lack integrity and wouldn't understand the situation. everyone involved in this situation needs to know certain actions cause certain consequences.

Everything was above the table.Taxes were taken out. Click on the link in the previous posts and watch the interview. Coach T answers every question. This had been in place since 2007. How were the current coaches supposed to know it wasn't approved BEFORE they even got here? Do any of us ask the payroll department if they have approved our pay? It would be like being let go because the higher ups at your company didnt approve something correctly back in 1978.

Your right! The tightwads of Marshall county want coaches to coach for free and don't give a hoot what happens to the youth of their county. The actions of the marshall co shcool board will certainly result in the consequences of the tigers having a lackluster year....a year many have surely been looking forward to since they first stepped on a field playing pee-wee, possibly even a few players won't have the opportunity to fulfill scholarship dreams....you are absolutely correct, people of giles co probably don't understand your methods.

Everyone here in MC knows how our good ole boy system works. It doesn't mean we like it. You are correct, good coaching prospects have actually gotten up and walked out laughing when told the salary for the job. I have been told that surrounding counties pay about double when you figure in everything. We won't find another coach that will take a 30-40% cut in pay to coach our kids. If Coach T was all about money, he wouldn't have been here in the first place. The B.O.E. just screwed about 10-15 of THEIR student athletes out of football scholly's over the next 4 years. Coach T's word went a long way with recruiters. He ran his practices like a D-1 program and coaches all over the country respect his opinion. I am glad he got to at least see my sons work ethic as an incoming freshman. I feel that I can send him film in the future and will help us.I wish him good luck, he is one of the best I have ever been around.

The "Marshall County Mess" could actually be a shot across the bow to a lot of programs. With money tight, I suspect more school administrations will look to cut sports budgets. It will be a huge mistake.

The principal of Columbia Central gave a interview in 2010 that should become the poster video for football programs. I am trying to find the link. It was either Thursday Night Lights or the T$$AA title game. In brief he responded to a question about the positive changes occurring at Columbia Central. He talked about how the success of the football team impacted the entire forthcoming school year. It was the 1st sport played. The numbers impact the most students, faculty, and the community of any other sport. It sets the "tone" for the new school year promoting team work and working towards success as a group. That man has a clue! Name one academically successful high school that does not have a football program that year after year fields a competitive team. No one hit wonders. Consistently. Name one. Now look at the school's community. Positive things going on there also. Real life stuff.

Remember the kid that couldn't play the flute because his parents were afraid a fly might make its way down his throat and choke him? Remember the tattle tails? Remember those younguns that were rushed to the ER because of a scraped Knee? Remember the ones who would cry when they were "tagged it" and refused to pass along the "cooties"? They now make up a good portion of your politicians and administrators!

MCHS will suffer because of this. Lewisburg will suffer because of this. Marshall County will suffer because of this. And, it may just be coming to a community near you soon........ :ph34r:

Who can take this job? It will have to be a young coach with little or no head coaching experience because everyone is already committed to their programs. Practice starts in less than two weeks with 7-on-7 work starting across the state. Also, where in the world will they put together a staff this late in the year? A few rejects who can't find a job somewhere? Maybe some old coach who is down on his luck? It doesn't look good for the Tigers but maybe the right person is out there?

I just thought of a name of a head coach looking for a job. He was the head coach at Ripley until March of this year. He might be just what you need.

Edited by bigredbird

I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I looked into the eyes of the kids when this all went down. It was horrible.The next coach will inherit a great group of hard working, athletic and disciplined kids. There are 60 student athletes in Marshall County who now do not trust the people that are supposed to be doing right by THEM. THEY gave everything that was asked of them and THEY are the ones suffering. Great post Wise Man. The players have yet to get an answer to their simple questions>>>>>>>>>>> WHY? Why do this to us? Why do this to our team? How can people who are asleep at 6 a.m., while we are busting our tails and being the responsible young men, do this to US? We had a goal, did anyone ask us how this would affect us? Do WE not MATTER? (These are questions I have heard from some of them)This is my last post on this subject. It will not be hard for ANYONE locally to figure out who I am, and I like it that way. I will ALWAYS be on the side of the kids.If I ever see anyone involved in this needing help, my answer will be "Call your lawyer."

Who can take this job? It will have to be a young coach with little or no head coaching experience because everyone is already committed to their programs. Practice starts in less than two weeks with 7-on-7 work starting across the state. Also, where in the world will they put together a staff this late in the year? A few rejects who can't find a job somewhere? Maybe some old coach who is down on his luck? It doesn't look good for the Tigers but maybe the right person is out there?

I just thought of a name of a head coach looking for a job. He was the head coach at Ripley until March of this year. He might be just what you need.

I believe the coach that you are speaking of his last name is Pellegrino. Could be wrong. But seeing my favorite team compete against his Ripley teams the last couple of years in district play, I will say this. Very unorthodow. His teams line up in very unusual formations on offense every play. They throw the ball almost every down. It was all smoke and mirrors.