Marshall County Mess

Croach

The paper said MC was happy to get a coach of character. I don't know what kind of character that is when he is hired to do a job and resigns the first week of practice. I know metro takes a lot of critiscm for not hiring from the outside at times but this is an example of what can happen with outsiders sometimes. Good luck MC.

Hey coach, there is more to this than you know. If you were treated the way I heard this guy was,I bet you would leave too.

The paper said MC was happy to get a coach of character. I don't know what kind of character that is when he is hired to do a job and resigns the first week of practice. I know metro takes a lot of critiscm for not hiring from the outside at times but this is an example of what can happen with outsiders sometimes. Good luck MC.

Well some things are certain. Like, this dude being punshied by having to go coach Marshall County!roflolk.gif

I can imagine a couple scenarios for leaving this late, the first one being the principal(s) that hired him were transfered so the things he needed like a staff and administrative support are now gone. Maybe Metro should consider the kids and the teachers when they play musical chairs with the principals. I know for a fact at least three metro high schools and middle schools that have changed over half their principals in these three buildings in the last two weeks. Not telling how many for have had a similar situation. Suppose the new admisnistration told Pitts he is on his own literally and MCHS called. Call it what you want but you are a fool if you do not take care of yourself and your family first.

Pitts named MCHS football coach

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Marshall County Tribune

Marshall County Schools Director Jackie Abernathy has named Aaron J. Pitts to be the new football coach for Marshall County High School.

Pitts, 30, of Unionville was a physical education teacher and offensive coordinator for the MCHS Tigers from 2007-2010. He's more recently been working at Stratford High School in Nashville. Before that he was at Warren County High School.

Clearly "pleased" to have Pitts back with the Tigers, Abernathy happily told an ironic chain of events.

MCHS Principal Keith Stacey gave Pitts a good recommendation to Stratford, "And now, he's taking him away," Abernathy said.

Pitts' master's and undergraduate degrees are from Middle Tennessee State University.

Born in Monticello, Miss., Pitts has been married 10 years. He and his wife, Esther, have three children: three-year-old twins and a seven-year-old.

For more about Coach Pitts, return to marshalltribune.com as more is to be posted since Abernathy's announcement at 3 p.m. Thursday.

© Copyright 2012 Marshall County Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Does anyone find it odd the the "director of schools" named a coach and not the principle. Did i miss something?

I can imagine a couple scenarios for leaving this late, the first one being the principal(s) that hired him were transfered so the things he needed like a staff and administrative support are now gone. Maybe Metro should consider the kids and the teachers when they play musical chairs with the principals. I know for a fact at least three metro high schools and middle schools that have changed over half their principals in these three buildings in the last two weeks. Not telling how many for have had a similar situation. Suppose the new admisnistration told Pitts he is on his own literally and MCHS called. Call it what you want but you are a fool if you do not take care of yourself and your family first.

I agree with you in part. Those factors should definitely be taken into account. The principal has not changed at Stratford. I would still be interested in hearing what really went down at Stratford.

Does anyone find it odd the the "director of schools" named a coach and not the principle. Did i miss something?

Is that just a technicality since principals don't name head coaches they just hire them and they have to be approved ultimately by the director of schools? Although the psot about the power trip is interesting.

Cowboy....your an idiot. We just had a party over here in Giles Co celebrating the fact that your new head coach was also there during a time which Giles owned your football program.

You know...like we did in the playoffs last year.

Went by practice today and you can rest assured we will be considerably better this year than last, lookin forward to your visit to the brickyard.