Fargo Results

deadlift

CBG, no word! Come on man, you don't get the name Jimmy Hart for being quite. I am sorry, I guess you have to live in Memphis to know who Jimmy Hart is. GHouse, I knew you wouldn't say anything about Robinson, and that is why I didn't ask for your comments. I guess Robinson will have to sit out this year because he is transferring. That will be hard to do. The Baylor team is full of transfers. What is going on there?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been widley reported on national wrestling message boards that Blair is looking for someone to fill the 132/lb position. With Blair wrestling a national schedule this could be a much better fit for someone of TR's ability plus it would give him a clean slate outside of Tennessee.

Like most schools. Coaches have to "fill" a position in their own schools they "normally" teach at. No wonder they had a split years ago.

On another note you guys on here maybe need to spend more time with your wifes and not focus on these kids so much. Find a hobby with your loved ones lol rolleyes.gif just saying

Since I have been called out by name I will answer.

The reason I have not posted on the subject is that I don't know all of the information (very few do) nor do I find it appropriate message board fodder if I did. As most know, and has been stated here previously, Tate Robinson did not finish the school year at CBHS, he was at Park Hill HS in Kansas City, MO. That is why he represented Team MO at both Junior Duals and Fargo.

I do not know that a definitive decision has been made as to where Tate will attend school next year. There is plenty of hearsay around that topic but as I was told once by a coach I respect and have discussed with many others: don't count on an athlete until they are attending classes, working out in the wrestling room with the team, and have received clearance from the governing body (TSSAA, NCAA, etc.).

As someone who has spent a lot of time around Tate and his family, bothw restling related and otherwise, I wish them the best and I hope that everyone who has been remotely involved in this situation learns some important lessons.

Also some should remember that cbg is not a CBHS insider... it is easy to discern where his allegiances are if you pay attention.

ghouse,

What are the important lessons to be learned here? It sounds like a comment made regarding the reason for the departure.

ghouse,

What are the important lessons to be learned here? It sounds like a comment made regarding the reason for the departure.

Tex,

That is what the comment was regarding. However, it isn't something I am going to broadcast over a public forum... I just don't feel that would be appropriate.

Why would Robinson not be eligible? Since he will be moving away from Memphis area would that not mean he is eligible? Ghouse, what is the exact ruling?

The best resource for this is the TSSAA Handbook. Their are lots of different stipulations given different types of circumstances. I would suggest consulting that.

Did Caleb Baker of Christian Brothers not wrestle? I would have expected him to place.

Kaleb Baker did not compete this summer. Purely my opinion but he could have placed this year. He was one match away last year. However, Fargo is such a deep tournament that there are no gaurantees. The list of kids not placing at the junior level is often just as impressive as the list of kids that do.

Edited by ghouse

Ghouse since your the tennessee guru on wrestling topics, tell us about the transfer rule. Also didnt you transfer to CBHS?

I am glad to see that my genius is still being recognized... I can pick up my award(s) whenever is convenient for the committee.

Any knowledge I have about the transfer rules (note the use of plural there) was gained by reading through the TSSAA Handbook. I would suggest that anyone with interest in the topic also read through the TSSAA handbook. There are a lot of different stipulations and like many rulebooks can be convoluted and confusing, but it can be deciphered. Link provided below:

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/handbook.pdf

Finally your last question: All of my average to below average wrestling career was spent at one school, so there are no transfers on my record.

Now back on topic of Fargo results:

TN sent a total of 10 wrestlers to Fargo that competed in the 4 various tournaments. Overall they brought back a total record of 28-34 and accounted for 1 All-American status. That seems roughly on par with years past to me… certainly not a stellar year but not totally out of line with previous results. TN is capable of better but that would require all of our best kids to train and compete in the international styles of wrestling.

Our three Cadets (who all competed in both styles) finished with an overall record of 12-12. All-American status was earned by Michael Murphy who finished 7th at Cadet 100 in Greco-Roman with a 5-2 record.

Our seven Juniors (only 4 of whom competed in Greco-Roman) finished with a 16-22 record. They were 8-8 in Greco-Roman and 8-14 in freestyle competition.

My applause goes out to all of the young wrestlers who tested themselves at the deepest tournament(s) in the country. They will all be better wrestlers for having attended the event and more directly for having trained for the event.

Edited by ghouse

Since everyone seems to want to beat around the bush... I'll just come out and say it... It is real simple, Garrett everyone wants to know one thing: Assuming Robinson is transferring to Baylor, will he be eligible for competition next year? And yes, I am gearing this question towards you because you are the brain of this board! Love ya buddy LOL!

Unfortunately, Robinson will be wrestling at Baylor next year. I, myself, happen to be a fervent EBE supporter and heard from a Red insider that Tate has signed the contract and already payed a portion of his tuition. As for the rumors about Blair Academy... they are simply rumors and as far as I know of he having family there is simply not true (I wish it was). I would like to apologize for dogging on the school behind Wal Mart for recruiting as I do agree with mtnwrestling's comment regarding success breading success. With that being said, I realize that all private schools do a little underground recruiting here and there and that is why we have two divisions now. While I am there I might as well say how much I respect Soddy by God for still competing against the private schools when Steve Henry was at the helm... I hope they continue to do so.

As an east TN and Georgia wrestling fan, always interesting to see who the red team annually pulls in from others. Though a powerful lobby, rumors circulating make it more probable this wrestler will be work the clock during matches.