best and worst P.A announcers in tennessee high school football.

Governm

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna disagree. I despise Bradley's...too much "show". Just call the dang game. We're not there to hear you!

Bradley and Cookeville. Homers to the extreme. I would pay to have them both removed, they are both the most obnoxious people in the history of HS sports. Cookeville's guy is just a flat out moron. Cookeville wonders why they don't get any fan support. I wouldn't go either if i had to hear that moron all game long.

Bradley and Cookeville. Homers to the extreme. I would pay to have them both removed, they are both the most obnoxious people in the history of HS sports. Cookeville's guy is just a flat out moron. Cookeville wonders why they don't get any fan support. I wouldn't go either if i had to hear that moron all game long.

Agree, the Cookeville guy is horrible. Hendersonville used to have a guy who was sure he was doing the game on the radio instead of PA. Not sure if he is still there. He never shut up.

Agree, the Cookeville guy is horrible. Hendersonville used to have a guy who was sure he was doing the game on the radio instead of PA. Not sure if he is still there. He never shut up.

Mcminn County p.a. guy can also be annoying. I don't understand the homerism of a p.a. announcer? To me it just sheds a bad light on your program and community. I am an Oak Ridge fan, but ours is ALWAYS respectful to the opposing team and is never homer. Same goes for Maryville's. They do what they are paid to do, call the game without bias. What's so hard about that? Well, it is to A LOT of folks lol

Until you have had a P.A. announcer tell the crowd and opposing team who has the ball on a handoff aka McGavock or when a flag was thrown on your team and the announcer says you are guilty of cheating aka Antioch...then nobody should have any complaints. Yes both did happen.

Until you have had a P.A. announcer tell the crowd and opposing team who has the ball on a handoff aka McGavock or when a flag was thrown on your team and the announcer says you are guilty of cheating aka Antioch...then nobody should have any complaints. Yes both did happen.

Wow, now that is the epitome of class lol...Terrible

I must admit...I am very mindful of this subject.....very possibly because we in Henry County have been blessed to have the same great one for nearly 40 years......he is consistent and seemingly unbiased as he describes the yardage gained, down, distance, and describes the penalties as they are accessed! (this is what the job of a PA announcer is!)

On the other hand,... in the absolute landslide....Liberty Tech in Jackson, TN gets the award for worst on this side of the state! He is notorious for encouraging a "very light crowd" to "Get it up over here Crusaders"...and describing "play by play" over the public address....and serious no no!!!

i actually kind of like homer p.a announcers. william blount's announcer is kind of a homer , thats why i like him. i dont see anything wrong with the announcer being a little more enthusiastic when the home team makes a big play.

Their is a difference in being enthusiastic and just plain dumb though, Gov. I see nothing wrong with what you are speaking of either, but to act like they are a game show host the whole game? Spare me, please lol. And leading the home crowd in a chant, just too far.