best and worst P.A announcers in tennessee high school football.

Governm

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Home announcer #1, after just an average hit, not even anything special, the runner popped back up as if nothing happened: "WHOA, he's gonna feel that in the morning!"

Home announcer #2, after a good pass breakup by the opposing DB: THAT'S INTERFERENCE, THROW THE..then stops himself from saying flag. I was surprised he wasn't told by the referees to turn it off the rest of the game.

Home announcer #3, "Let's go Tigers!, Let's go Tigers!" for about a minute late in a close game, during a time-out, to try and get the home crowd excited.

Home announcer #4, too many to quotes to list, forgetting (?) he is on the microphone ("Get 'eem, take 'eem down!") is bad enough, maybe even worse disrespectfully not saying names of the opposing players most of the time even when a roster is supplied.

Edited by Indian

The PA announcer at Sullivan South is as good as I've heard anywhere. I think his last name is Harris. He's been announcing at South since the school opened in 1980. Not a big Rebel fan but he is awesome.

You gotta be kidding, right? Every time we go to South we laugh non stop thru the game at this guy. If Charlie Brown had a male Princial, that is how this guy sounds on the loud speakers... not good at all.

Now, 1 that is getting very good is Jon Cleary for Dobyns-Bennett. I think this will be Cleary's 4th season and he nails it game after game without being to big of a homer. That cat at Oak Ridge does a good job too if he is still there...it's been a few years since I have gone to the "Ship".

Scince Hill's accouncer is very annoying, I agree to that

Edited by ArtVandalay

You gotta be kidding, right? Every time we go to South we laugh non stop thru the game at this guy. If Charlie Brown had a male Princial, that is how this guy sounds on the loud speakers... not good at all.

Now, 1 that is getting very good is Jon Cleary for Dobyns-Bennett. I think this will be Cleary's 4th season and he nails it game after game without being to big of a homer. That cat at Oak Ridge does a good job too if he is still there...it's been a few years since I have gone to the "Ship".

Scince Hill's accouncer is very annoying, I agree to that

dobyns bennet's announcer is turrible.

I'm gonna disagree. I despise Bradley's...too much "show". Just call the dang game. We're not there to hear you!

LOL That is from a Cleveland who is going to "hate" anything at Bradley. Disregard his comments as jealnousy.Especially since his osn announcer doesn't follow that advice either :)