best and worst P.A announcers in tennessee high school football.

Governm

dobyns bennet's announcer is turrible.

I disagree. I went to the 1st game this year and the only time I felt like it was "homersish"?? was when the team came on the field. That's kinda show time but once the game started he did a really good job IMO.

I will say the Bradleys announcer is so bad, it's actually comical. "that Bears in the den" when they score a TD....REALLY? There's laundry on the field when there's a penalty flag.......I just threw up a liitle....huh.png

Edited by 3wiggle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna disagree. I despise Bradley's...too much "show". Just call the dang game. We're not there to hear you!

Have to agree with SDL,, SD guy is hard to understand and just says what ever pops in his head

But the Bradley guy shoud be tossed, he tries to influence calls during the game, thats just not right

Just tell me who made the tackle and who caught the ball and down & distance.....Clearly

But sometimes it not the Anouncer's fought, the spk systems are just crapy

Edited by RealOldBallCoach

Have to agree with SDL,, SD guy is hard to understand and just says what ever pops in his head

But the Bradley guy shoud be tossed, he tries to influence calls during the game, thats just not right

Just tell me who made the tackle and who caught the ball and down & distance.....Clearly

Yep, Bradley guy is flatout ridic, for sure.

• 1 month later...

For me it began and ended with the late Tom Hamrick at Blankenship Field. He's the gold standard to me, having grown up listening to him announce ORHS games. When I began to do PA work myself, my style emulated from Tom and the late Marshall Mann, who was the PA announcer for Braves games at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium.

Guy also does an outstanding job and I also enjoy the work of Greg Judkins over at "Merryville".

One of the worst is Johnny "Showtime" Zadick at Brentwood. Thinks calling the game is all about him. A couple of years ago we had a game where he was firing up the visiting team. What an idiot.

I've got to agree with that, but like most of the crowd, I just ignore him. It's funny when he tries to fire up the crowd and no one is listening to him so nothing happens. I'm embarrassed for him sometimes.

He will say stuff like "great tackle by..." and it was not more than a shoestring or slip and fall. Clueless.