District 14A 2012-2013 Who ya got?

UCTdoes

According to coacht schedule, they are giving up about 36 points per game, only given up more than 40 three times I think. I have seen them several times this year, did not make it to middle Tennessee. Their struggle lots on offense but their defense is always active. They do miss fair on offense and it would help but not sure she will be back this year.

Everyone face it UC is a great team one of the best in single A. They have only lost 3 games by a combined 7 points plus we have given Westview who is always a good team in AA their only 2 losses of the season and have a great chance at winning out the rest of the season, will they win state? Maybe or maybe not. But don't say they got lucky the whole season cause that's not true, they win cause they work hard and they want to succeed not because they are lucky and by the way this team will get better too. This program has come a long way from the days I was in school. So anyone who bashes UC needs to wake up and notice what they are doing. And to all the JC fans y'all have a great team and wish y'all the best the rest of the year and hopefully we will get to meet y'all at state again.

UCgold,

I am unbiased in this and have no team in the mix. But I know what I saw. Did the lack luster performance by Ensworth come as a result of UC play? Maybe, but dont know. Is UC 27 points better than Harding? Don't know because they did not play and probably will not. I very seriously doubt it but we will never know. I can extend an unofficial invitation to come to Memphis next year and play in the More Than Basketball Classic at Harding and the game might happen.

Could UC be 25 points better than JC? I don't know and really don't care. But that game may happen if you both make it to State and get in the same brackets to play each other. UC lost to the classic champs by only 4.

In all sincerity and respect for Union City players, coaches and fans, Congratulations. Take and use whatever you can build the confidence of your team. And continue to play hard and make it to State.

I quoted my own post because i didnt want to just edit it.

As I told Bob about the JC and CPA game. CPA missed wide open shots without a defender within 5 feet. The same went for Ensworth and UC. Ensworth missed wide open shots; easy layups and a bunch of free throws. None of that was because of the defense of other team. I am by no means saying UC is a bad team. They are very good. If you want me to switch and put UC as third and Harding as 4th. Or even UC 2nd, JC as 3 and Harding as 4. Thats fine too. Take it as you want. I watched them all except the first 2, which was CPA / Dickson and JC / Waverly.

And does it really matter in late December who was the 2nd best team at a Christmas tournament? Let's pray that our teams keep winning and make it to State. And at State, play well. Only UC and JC will have the opportunity to play each other.

All the talking and posting really will not do anything except cause people to get their feelings hurt and get mad. The girls will still have to play on the court. In the end, it's just a game, that we have no control over.

Keep the Division A post open and updated..

I quoted my own post because i didnt want to just edit it.

As I told Bob about the JC and CPA game. CPA missed wide open shots without a defender within 5 feet. The same went for Ensworth and UC. Ensworth missed wide open shots; easy layups and a bunch of free throws. None of that was because of the defense of other team. I am by no means saying UC is a bad team. They are very good. If you want me to switch and put UC as third and Harding as 4th. Or even UC 2nd, JC as 3 and Harding as 4. Thats fine too. Take it as you want. I watched them all except the first 2, which was CPA / Dickson and JC / Waverly.

And does it really matter in late December who was the 2nd best team at a Christmas tournament? Let's pray that our teams keep winning and make it to State. And at State, play well. Only UC and JC will have the opportunity to play each other.

All the talking and posting really will not do anything except cause people to get their feelings hurt and get mad. The girls will still have to play on the court. In the end, it's just a game, that we have no control over.

Keep the Division A post open and updated..

I agree but still the key for UC as winning it all depends on if Fair makes it back.I think she is a 20 point swing in every game.She is going to change UC on the offensive side of the ball and also on defense.So a lot of people are judging UC on the team now which isn't bad.But no camparison to what they will be.and anyone that hasn't seen Fair.She's not the same girl they saw at State.She looks great now.Looks to have lost weight which makes her look taller.She'll have to play her way back into shape.Several are saying next year.I jst have a feeling that as UC goes deeper in the tournament,I;d bet she'll take the floor for UC this year

I went back and looked and I believe the date was late Sept when someone posted that she torn her ACL the day before. Even for college, this is at least an 8 month recovery and rehab after sergury. Doctors will like err on the side of safety and caution for a high school student to 12 months after surgery.

Has she had surgery yet?

If she was my daughter, regardless of how good she is or "this is our year", there is No way, Notta, Zip, Zilch, Nix, Zero chance that she plays this school year.

What are everyone's projections for the second half of the season? Have they changed since day 1? Which two substate teams will come out of our region?

Mine have not changed. I see 14A as UC/LC/GF/SF in that order. May or may not happen but a 14A sweep would not surprise me this year.

Predicting UC/LC as our two substate teams.......but anything could happen.

I went back and looked and I believe the date was late Sept when someone posted that she torn her ACL the day before. Even for college, this is at least an 8 month recovery and rehab after sergury. Doctors will like err on the side of safety and caution for a high school student to 12 months after surgery.

Has she had surgery yet?

If she was my daughter, regardless of how good she is or "this is our year", there is No way, Notta, Zip, Zilch, Nix, Zero chance that she plays this school year.

FIirst of all, lets get some facts straight. Amber's damage to her knee was not as severe as first reported. She did not have a complete tear of her ACL as was first reported. She is on schedule to return to action in a few weeks if there are no setbacks. I, too, hope she doesn't return too soon. Would not be worth risking her future this late in the season. However, if she is able to return early enough to get back in the flow with her team and get several games under her belt before tournament time, UC will be significantly better. They are already hands-down the best team in 14A and will only be better. Offensively, they will be 15-20 points better with her presence.