Oak Ridge @ Farragut (week 1)

tnchad1980

Please dont go crazy Oak Ridge fans if they dont look great to start the year.Coach Blade waits untill the 4th or 5th game of the year before he plays guys both ways.Very few willl c both ways untill then.Our O and D-line will look alot different in a month or so.It helps with cramps and other injuries and also gets alot of good playing time for more kids.Oak Ridge would have beat Farragut by 20 plus if they would have played again in the playoffs last year.Roll Cats and pack that place wit ridgers

Farragut did not play well at DB, and DB was very good. The punt return early set the Admirals back on their heels and they did not show any sign of life until the 4th quarter, when they scored twice, but DB came back with the starters taking 80 yards in 3 plays to seal the game. I think Farragut will make adjustments this week and play much better against Oak Ridge, they have a definate size advantage up front, so the Wildcats will have to make sure they can block them. I think the game will be a lot closer with Farragut playing better at home, but if Oak RIdge does not make mistakes, they will win this one.

Farragut's loss at DB was more an indicator of Farragut's mental strength than their physical strength. If you saw the game (I'm gonna say upfront DB had a better team than Farragut) after the punt return for a touchdown Farragut deflated like a nickel balloon. The plus side for Farragut is their QB played aweful, and is capable of much, much better play.Farragut's RB is different than the ones they've had in the passed in that he can take it the distance, but he won't make too many tacklers miss. As I understand it Farragut was hit by a rash of concussions at the start of August, and most of those players only got back last week. None of their starting LB's had a full week of practice. Not making excusses because DB certainy won the game on their own merits, just saying you should see a totally different Farragut team this Friday. Plus playing at home helps a lot coming off of a butt kicking.

I am a little excited to see OR's new QB. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I assume he can run a little bit, which always gives the opposing defenses something extra to try and account for.

I look for the Admiral's QB to return to his normal self. The offense and defense get a week with all their starters back to gel a bit better.

Admirals 27-17 over OR.

Farragut's loss at DB was more an indicator of Farragut's mental strength than their physical strength. If you saw the game (I'm gonna say upfront DB had a better team than Farragut) after the punt return for a touchdown Farragut deflated like a nickel balloon. The plus side for Farragut is their QB played aweful, and is capable of much, much better play.Farragut's RB is different than the ones they've had in the passed in that he can take it the distance, but he won't make too many tacklers miss. As I understand it Farragut was hit by a rash of concussions at the start of August, and most of those players only got back last week. None of their starting LB's had a full week of practice. Not making excusses because DB certainy won the game on their own merits, just saying you should see a totally different Farragut team this Friday. Plus playing at home helps a lot coming off of a butt kicking.

I am a little excited to see OR's new QB. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I assume he can run a little bit, which always gives the opposing defenses something extra to try and account for.

I look for the Admiral's QB to return to his normal self. The offense and defense get a week with all their starters back to gel a bit better.

Admirals 27-17 over OR.

Yes, Rian Hall is very versatile..Can run and throw and if you ask me has a better arm than Zulliger had. And much more elusive, although Zulli could run a bit too, but wasn't gonna make many guys miss, he woulda just rather have plowed you over. Plus, He has a lot of weapons to throw to this year. All of our wideouts are SR's and experienced and big and strong. Moore in the backfield brings a dimension that Farragut didn't really see last year. If you remember, Hall was actually our starting RB in the Farragut game. No offense to Rian whom is the QB, but Moore is much much faster in the open field then Hall is. Maybe not as quick laterally, but not many RB's in the whole state have faster straight line speed. If so, i'd like to see them. He is a track star who loses no speed when he puts on the pads. Only thing i am worried about is our secondary and our OL, which are both young and inexperienced. Will be interesting to see if these guys step up and become good players. If Farragut is going to win, they will probably do it through the air with our young secondary. Our D-Line and LB's are the strength of the defense, but as we all know Farragut has a stout O-Line. I hope we win, and do believe we have the better team, but i am not gonna be arrogant and say we win. I'd much rather find out for myself. Hope we do, though.

D-B was very talented. Oak Ridge will be the same. I think Farragut will improve as the season progresses. There are a lot of new faces. If the OL can dial up the NASTY side, the offense could control the tempo while a young defense comes of age.

I know that Farner is now playing DE; his size is going to be missed on the inside at linebacker, particularly when it comes to stuffing a fullback or pulling lineman. Fain's size and speed are also going to be missed outside on defense now that he is the number 1 RB. It is unfortunate that there is not more depth at RB, so that Fain would be available for some reps at OLB or DB. Personally, I would love to see what Barnett could do at RB, but I know one doesn't learn that position overnight.

The tackling MUST improve to compete with Oak Ridge. The LB's MUST get off blocks. The WR blocking must also improve.

It is obvious that Farragut wants to run between the tackles. Although there is nothing wrong with that, it would be nice to mix the power run game with an occasional toss sweep or speed option type of play to challenge the perimeter of the defense. I thought the toss sweep looked pretty good against Alcoa in the scrimmage (there was one particularly nice gain that was nullified by a penalty), and it helped to open up the inside run.

Barnett is a good athlete, and he obviously has big-play ability. He was one block away from breaking 2 kickoff returns for TDs against D-B. He has demonstrated some speed and the ability to make people miss. I would like to see him get more touches on offense, e.g. fly sweep, reverse, or motioning him into a RB slot. He could also be utilized as the trailing back on the option. Jetton could similarly get additional touches when the QB is not on his A-game.

Edited by Former44

D-B was very talented. Oak Ridge will be the same. I think Farragut will improve as the season progresses. There are a lot of new faces. If the OL can dial up the NASTY side, the offense could control the tempo while a young defense comes of age.

I know that Farner is now playing DE; his size is going to be missed on the inside at linebacker, particularly when it comes to stuffing a fullback or pulling lineman. Fain's size and speed are also going to be missed outside on defense now that he is the number 1 RB. It is unfortunate that there is not more depth at RB, so that Fain would be available for some reps at OLB or DB. Personally, I would love to see what Barnett could do at RB, but I know one doesn't learn that position overnight.

The tackling MUST improve to compete with Oak Ridge. The LB's MUST get off blocks. The WR blocking must also improve.

It is obvious that Farragut wants to run between the tackles. Although there is nothing wrong with that, it would be nice to mix the power run game with an occasional toss sweep or speed option type of play to challenge the perimeter of the defense. I thought the toss sweep looked pretty good against Alcoa in the scrimmage (there was one particularly nice gain that was nullified by a penalty), and it helped to open up the inside run.

Barnett is a good athlete, and he obviously has big-play ability. He was one block away from breaking 2 kickoff returns for TDs against D-B. He has demonstrated some speed and the ability to make people miss. I would like to see him get more touches on offense, e.g. fly sweep, reverse, or motioning him into a RB slot. He could also be utilized as the trailing back on the option. Jetton could similarly get additional touches when the QB is not on his A-game.

Thanks for this insight on Farragut. Not many Admirals fans to chat about the game with on here.

The Farragut - DB game looked like the Farragut - Alcoa scrimmage. The defence coulld not stop or even slow down the DB offense. The Farragut QB looked undescisive, unsure of what to do, and contantly threw lobs down field in hope for someone to make a lucky catch. He didn;t look like the same QB as against Blackman in the playoffs last year. Why King was not put in the 2nd half is beyond me.

Farragut seemed unprepared ,lethargic and sleepwalking during the first half. Just going through the motions. They were not ready to play and it showed. The hyped, perhaps over rated, Farragut OL were pushed around by the DB DL at will. No contest. Farragut played better the second half when the game had already been decided. Too little too late.

Based on what I have seen this game will go to Oak Ridge. Perhaps 35 - 24 if Farragut plays better, 49-10, if not...

OR's speed will give Farragut problems.

SS, our secondary should be fine. All Seniors, Springs and Miller (if he plays, battling mono like symptoms) at corner, Richard Turner and Rashaud at safety. That's a pretty strong first team back there. I expect they will play well.

True, ORK. I was just kinda going by the Turner kid. For some reason i don't remember him well from last year. Plus, Springs is rather new to the system, even though he played for us a 9th grader. Hope they will be ok, i'd say your right.