Sumner County?

District12AA

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wave88, are you saying Gallatin didn't look good today due to the budget crisis?

No not at all. Riverdale took them to the woodshed plain and simple. Some of the mistakes made and parental talk leads me to believe that some of them had their heads elsewhere. That's how people get hurt.

Thought it would be interesting to list the schools that would be affected by Sumner schools not opening within the 20 day window.

Eagleville

Glencliff

Cannon Co

Goodpasture

Allen Co, KY

Sycamore

Gordonsville

Greenbrier

Livingston Aca

Smith Co

Mt Juliet

Clarksville Aca

Wilson Central

Lebanon

Antioch

Hillwood

Springfield

Oakland

Brentwood

Franklin

Germantown

Riverdale

Henry Co

Cookeville

If Wave88 is right than these teams would recieve forfeits some of these teams multiple games. It would definitely play a factor in the playoff seeding.

Dr. Phillips just stated on channel 4 that he thought school would be back in session by next week. He said the b of e just has to meet to approve the 2.2 that the commission gave them last night. He sounded pretty positive.

Wonder how many phone calls were placed to a select number of Sumner Co players by coaches from privates and surrounding schools?

This sounds strange considering he has stated that he will recommend to the school board not to open schools because of the 2.2 mil offered.This leaves SCS $5 mil short of what they need.

This sounds strange considering he has stated that he will recommend to the school board not to open schools because of the 2.2 mil offered.This leaves SCS $5 mil short of what they need.

In an interview with ch 4 yesterday, Dr Phillips said "I don't think it will be a couple of weeks...I think the board will move..." when asked when he thought school would start. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I took that to mean less than two weeks. My HOPE is that he takes the 2.2 and allows the schools to open, and as he said, tries to keep the dialog going between the commission and the board. If nothing else, this has gotten folks attention to the fact that something has to be done.

Edited by tandem

School will be open by next Friday when games are scheduled. The TSSAA rule states that if school is not open, no contests may be played. If school is not open within 21 days, a student may transfer outside the county and be immediately eligible. However, that school system must accept out of county transfers which would still include paying out of county tuition. If the student decided to transfer back to his regular school when his school opened, he would then have to sit out 12 months (or be eligible to play JV only) as a transfer. I would just sit tight. This won't go very long as the state will mandate schools be open very soon. I would expect (my opinion) that they will open as early as Thursday and no later than Monday.

The state does not mandate when schools open as long as they get in the 180 days. They would just lose fall and spring break or have to go into June.

Sounds like its all about to be resolved. The school board has made cuts and are asking the County Commission to move school building funds to the budget. This move will cost the tax payers nothing new. It's money that's already set aside for schools but in a different capacity. If a meeting is called for Monday I look for schools to be open Thursday or Friday at the latest as well as the lifting of the Games ban as early as Tuesday Morning. Come on County Commission. They have served up a big softball, all you have to do is knock it out of the park.