Webb @ Alcoa...this ain't no country club.

Webb is always well coached and disciplined. They have a couple of play makers and they typically are very efficient and methodical with their offense. However; they will be hard pressed to match the physical prowess of Alcoa. The Tornadoes will not try to out scheme or trick anyone, they will simply line up and play smash mouth, and I believe they are much better prepared to do that than Webb is. I expect Webb will play them hard, but in the end I believe Webb will be bruised, banged up and defeated. No disgrace in that so long as you stand in there and battle. Good luck to both teams. thumb[1].gif

Webb is always well coached and disciplined. They have a couple of play makers and they typically are very efficient and methodical with their offense. However; they will be hard pressed to match the physical prowess of Alcoa. The Tornadoes will not try to out scheme or trick anyone, they will simply line up and play smash mouth, and I believe they are much better prepared to do that than Webb is. I expect Webb will play them hard, but in the end I believe Webb will be bruised, banged up and defeated. No disgrace in that so long as you stand in there and battle. Good luck to both teams. thumb[1].gif

Ive talked to a few webb folks and they are very confident coming into this game. They seem to think Alcoa wont b able to stop them. All I gotta say is and webb saw this last yr, Blount Co football is a diff type of football.

Ive talked to a few webb folks and they are very confident coming into this game. They seem to think Alcoa wont b able to stop them. All I gotta say is and webb saw this last yr, Blount Co football is a diff type of football.
I played at Webb and am still very close with the program. I don't know what "Webb" people you talked to but no one is coming into this game thinking Alcoa wont be able to stop us. We have a lot of respect for Alcoa as they should for us. If you look at the past 5 or 6 years the mutual opponents that webb and alcoa faced have shared similar results, big lopsided losses. That being said some of those big time players for webb have been lost to graduation but that is not to say that there arent still game breakers on the webb roster. It will be a good game. If webb comes to play the game will be worth the admission price.

As far as blount county football you mean Alcoa and Maryville because the other schools are sub par at best. Maryville walked over everyone last year in what was probably their best team in years. Using that game as an argument isn't very accurate as Maryville was in an UP year (which is hard to do when your that good) and Webb defiantly was in a down year. It will be interesting to see what happens this year.

Edited by Spartan4Life

Webb will be very good this season and I think that they will win a gold ball by the time that late November rolls around. However, I have a hard time believing that they will be able to knock Alcoa off this season. From what I have been hearing, this Alcoa team is going to be out for blood this year. My prediction is Alcoa by 14.

I like the look this year...

My only major concern, and it is not a new one, is the pace of the offense. Too much time between plays and the opposing D getting time to catch their breath and make substitutions and adjustments.

We only run maybe 10 plays, it should be moving faster.

Maybe that will change when the season starts next Saturday. I hope so.

I am expecting something special from the F5 this year. 15-0 is not impossible.

APB, Alcoa called all plays from the LOS in the jamboree,that seem to be a lil more uptempo,maybe the coaches listen to you...

He is next level material for sure. He has actually mellowed out since having kids.

I remember when Ray Sikes was a sophomore and Nix just wearing him out after every series.

We will be fortunate to keep him long term.

I like the look this year...

My only major concern, and it is not a new one, is the pace of the offense. Too much time between plays and the opposing D getting time to catch their breath and make substitutions and adjustments.

We only run maybe 10 plays, it should be moving faster.

Maybe that will change when the season starts next Saturday. I hope so.

I am expecting something special from the F5 this year. 15-0 is not impossible.

APB you are the first to say it. Was talking to some guys the other day about how quiet Alcoa had been. I told them I thought it was because you know how good the team is and there is no reason to talk. Alcoa by as many as they want. State title again with a 14 -1 record. Good luck this season.

APB, Alcoa called all plays from the LOS in the jamboree,that seem to be a lil more uptempo,maybe the coaches listen to you...

Thats not new, they basically have been lining up for years and pointing to where they were going to go and saying "here we come, see if you can stop us big boy" icon_lol.gif And there normally aren't many that can stop them. On a more serious note, since Alcoa tends to play players both ways the tempo may have been deliberate for their own good. If they are platooning more now then up tempo could help. Just a thought.