Henry County Patriots @ Liberty Crusaders - Week 0

MSURacer

FactsOnly:

1 No suggestion was made that Liberty's capabilities compared to Ridgeway's

2 Liberty was bigger than Henry County, as big as Ridgeway

3 Liberty was faster than Henry County

4 Women wear black to look skinnier

5 Suggesting someone takes crack, even when used as a figure of speech, is not cool. It is hyperbolic.

1. Correct. A suggestion was made that Liberty's capabilities compared to Riverside (an opponent that didn't exist). And if you weren't comparing their capabilities, then what purpose did that statement even serve?

2. They were bigger in certain spots, not at every position.

3. They were faster in many spots, not at every position.

4. Fact (most of the time).

5. I only use hyperbole in sarcastic situations, factman.

Edited by RedSwarm10

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened? Sounds to me it was pretty close for a time. I guess those 7 or 8 D-1 prospects you said you had last year had an off night.

It was closer than I expected. most of the prospects were lost to graduation. We will still be playing as your team begins basketball. And I'm thrilled that you listen...I coached for 30 years before I retired and I know the game. Beech may actually test us but they better hope they don't meet us in the playoffs. We will be 10-0 or 9-1 in the regular season and likely 12-1, 11-2, or 14-1 when it's all said and done. Remember I said that.

They were not bigger and faster at every position. Not even close.

We beat a pretty good and very athletic Jackson team tonight, but you're on crack if you think this Liberty team is of the same caliber as 2011 Memphis Ridgeway, no offense. That team had 3 or 4 SEC prospects on it.

Time will tell how good Liberty actually is. They certainly don't lack talent, and admittedly I'll be surprised to see another 2nd round playoff exit for them, but your post is hyperbolic. This was two young and talented teams playing in the first game of the season. A ton of mistakes were made on both sides, and we were the ones who were able to regroup and take control. That's what happened.

Liberty is NOTHING at all like Ridgeway...not even close.

W

It was closer than I expected. most of the prospects were lost to graduation. We will still be playing as your team begins basketball. And I'm thrilled that you listen...I coached for 30 years before I retired and I know the game. Beech may actually test us but they better hope they don't meet us in the playoffs. We will be 10-0 or 9-1 in the regular season and likely 12-1, 11-2, or 14-1 when it's all said and done. Remember I said that.

Who did you coach for? I know the game pretty well myself.

1. Correct. A suggestion was made that Liberty's capabilities compared to Riverside (an opponent that didn't exist). And if you weren't comparing their capabilities, then what purpose did that statement even serve?

2. They were bigger in certain spots, not at every position.

3. They were faster in many spots, not at every position.

4. Fact (most of the time).

5. I only use hyperbole in sarcastic situations, factman.

Since you girls are having so much fun at my expense, I'll continue

1 The purpose of my statement was to communicate to my Coach T brethren my impression that the Liberty players were quite large. This impression is based on the Fact that when I, being 6 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 220 pounds, walked within 15 feet of them while they were warming up, I thought, "hmm . . . those are some big ol' boys". I recalled thinking the same thing last year when I watched Ridgeverside. Hence, my comparison.

2 When Liberty scored 4 touchdowns on us last night, most unobstructed and going away, I thought, "hmm . . . those boys are faster than us. Even Riverway wasn't able to do that last year". In Fact, they were only able to score half that many touchdowns, if I recall correctly. (At this point, you are supposed to say "but, but, . . . but that was last year. You can't compare last year!"). I didn't coach 30 years, but I have been watching fast people run for much longer than that and it is my opinion that Liberty has more team speed than Henry County.

3 I intended no suggestion of capability (provided capability is an indirect measure of likelihood of success).

4 Finally, I have thoroughly enjoyed tangling you in my web. Just because I can't find something better to do on such a beautiful day, doesn't mean you can't.

5 PS: I will be watching your posts closely. Be very careful with spelling, punctuation, observations, opinions, Facts, concerns, etc. If I can't express my thoughts without your critique, nor will you without mine.

now that im fully aware of my surroundings...great game last night...enjoyed the crowd...but honestly disappointed there werent more of the big red...could have been the weather...or just taking for granted liberty wouldnt put up a fight...

i think liberty definitely had the edge in speed...the size that facts speaks of...well only 1 guy played #65 a senior...the others are "being groomed" for district competition as i was told...really wanted to see our #55 get on the field at nose tackle...didnt happen...

as far as the whole penalties thing...a flag could have been thrown on just about every play on both sides of the ball...please dont diminish the game by saying such things...thats kind of like me saying HC only won by 3 points and a lil concerned about not taking a knee with a minute and a half to go...it is what it is

liberty did a ton of things last night that we dont normally...and by normally i mean never...ever do...we didnt go for any 2 pt conversions...we attempted 2 fgs...not just 1...but 2...weve never even attempted one since ive been around...punting on 4th down when were on the other side of the 50...40 even...instead of going for it on 4th and 3...our kicking game has always been suspect...it was like our coaches were trying to show our guys that they had confidence in them to do their jobs...we were not successful...but just the fact that we tried was encouraging

great game and best of luck the rest of the season

Since you girls are having so much fun at my expense, I'll continue

1 The purpose of my statement was to communicate to my Coach T brethren my impression that the Liberty players were quite large. This impression is based on the Fact that when I, being 6 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 220 pounds, walked within 15 feet of them while they were warming up, I thought, "hmm . . . those are some big ol' boys". I recalled thinking the same thing last year when I watched Ridgeverside. Hence, my comparison.

2 When Liberty scored 4 touchdowns on us last night, most unobstructed and going away, I thought, "hmm . . . those boys are faster than us. Even Riverway wasn't able to do that last year". In Fact, they were only able to score half that many touchdowns, if I recall correctly. (At this point, you are supposed to say "but, but, . . . but that was last year. You can't compare last year!"). I didn't coach 30 years, but I have been watching fast people run for much longer than that and it is my opinion that Liberty has more team speed than Henry County.

3 I intended no suggestion of capability (provided capability is an indirect measure of likelihood of success).

4 Finally, I have thoroughly enjoyed tangling you in my web. Just because I can't find something better to do on such a beautiful day, doesn't mean you can't.

5 PS: I will be watching your posts closely. Be very careful with spelling, punctuation, observations, opinions, Facts, concerns, etc. If I can't express my thoughts without your critique, nor will you without mine.

I'm not a female. No fun was being had at your expense, nor was any offense intended with my comments. I usually enjoy reading your posts.

1 & 2. If you are comparing the fact that both teams have good size and speed, then I agree. However, calling them a "physical carbon copy" threw me off, and seemed as if you were implying a comparison of capability.

3. Thank you for clarifying.

4. This has been a very fun and beautiful day that I have enjoyed.

5. Doesn't bother me. The sharing of and critiquing of other thoughts and opinions are some of the reasons we are here. Although I must warn you that due to several factors, I will not be posting nearly as much this season.

Edited by RedSwarm10

I'm not a female. No fun was being had at your expense, nor was any offense intended with my comments. I usually enjoy reading your posts.

1 & 2. If you are comparing the fact that both teams have good size and speed, then I agree. However, calling them a "physical carbon copy" threw me off, and seemed as if you were implying a comparison of capability.

3. Thank you for clarifying.

4. This has been a very fun and beautiful day that I have enjoyed.

5. Doesn't bother me. The sharing of and critiquing of other thoughts and opinions are some of the reasons we are here. Although I must warn you that due to several factors, I will not be posting nearly as much this season.

Peace. On to Beech.