Youth Football in Blount County 2012.

REBELRON

I got a question.

Why are some of these teams not consolidating???

Eagleton and Rockford should not have separate teams and neither should Friendsville and Southside.

All four of these teams struggle to keep 15 kids on the roster and get hammered in league games.

Eagleton and Rockford are 3 miles apart and should consolidate immediately and Friendsville and Southside are connected by hwy 95 and should not be that difficult to find a place to practice agreeable to the parents.

They would at least then be able to field a competitive team.

It would also be a step closer to having the kids that are potential HS teammates (unless they get recruited) an opportunity to play together.

Thoughts?

I would agree on Eagleton and Rockford. I disaree on Lanier (Southside) and Friendsville.

Fellers az ewe cain tell....APB jist don't ewes hiz old AllinWick noggin' fer a cap rack....APB haz cuntineued two deevelup frum hiz earlee paintin' daze ov taggin' tha AllinWick underpass.... intwo biggur and bettur thangs (like gittin' hitched two a purty Mairvul Hi graduwait)....

sx hit duz look diffrunt frum tha 7 yeers eye spent two up att 825 Lawrence two.....Tha skools biggur....Cents Tater retarred tha onlee teecher left that wuz thair iz Ms. Ferguson....Thay eat lunch inn tha Rooby Tewsday rume insted ov slippin off up two Tha Dwarf like we did....Tha smokin' hole ain't down behind Louie Newmun's class ennymoore....Thay don't play "Shaft" enuff att tha bawlgaims....Kids go two tha liburry two studee now instead ov look att tha Sentnull Sports orr Sports Illustraytid....Gotta haiv a lott moore creditts now two git out ov thair....Tha feeled don't git muddy no moore....We don't play baskitbawl inn tha Barn ennymoore....Tha footbawl dressin' rume ain't under tha Barn.....Ain't no spit cups onn tha teechurs deskus no moore....Thair ain't no Chevelles orr Musatngs inn tha parkin lott wif Big Boss 60's and Mr. Gaskit trackshun bars on tham ennymoore......We thro tha footbawl now....Yep thangs haiv gone downhill......

Luckylee we are steal purty good onn Fridee nites, Sundee evenuns, Thursdee nites, Saturdee's att 5 inn tha evenun, Saturdee nites inn Deecimbur etc....whew.!!!...............thumb[1].gif

Edited by STARSNBARS

My suggestion to you CR is if you want it done the "right" way by your standards then you should donate your time coaching youth football. The youth leagues are always in need of good people to coach that are there for the right reason.

Not qualified, ask anyone who knows me and you will learn that I'm not a good person. I am trying to do better. I think you and me should stick to the stands with the hot-headed personalities we have.

Not qualified, ask anyone who knows me and you will learn that I'm not a good person. I am trying to do better. I think you and me should stick to the stands with the hot-headed personalities we have.

Hot headed?.....not really CR. Just someone that has dedicated many hours of his life to youth sports with the understanding of the sacrifice and selflessness it requires from those that volunteer. It's annoying to see those that go after these volunteers who are paid ZERO monetarily to add to the lives for our youthsl. Are they perfect....no. Do they do everything to your standards....of course not....but they are giving when it's not required. Go after someone that gets paid if you feel the need. It's just that simple.

You can't just disagree...elaborate.

I will listen. psychiatrist%20smiley.gif

Sorry about that APB. Had appoitments to make.

Friendsville and Southside are not geographically that close.......plus there is a dislike going back to the 70's from some of the older folks....remember Lanier and Friendsville were hated rivals a few years ago.

There is a significant population in both areas to fill rosters with the age groups required. With dedicated efforts and consistency of coaches they can compete and have in the past. It's not as easy as the Maryville and Alcoa teams but it has and can be done.

Eagleton and Rockford are very different situations. With the close proximity and competition for the same kids, it is a bigger challenge. Since Alcoa has righted the ship they maintain the kids that previously went to Eagleton.

Edited by MLREB

Hot headed?.....not really CR. Just someone that has dedicated many hours of his life to youth sports with the understanding of the sacrifice and selflessness it requires from those that volunteer. It's annoying to see those that go after these volunteers who are paid ZERO monetarily to add to the lives for our youthsl. Are they perfect....no. Do they do everything to your standards....of course not....but they are giving when it's not required. Go after someone that gets paid if you feel the need. It's just that simple.

I'm sorry mlreb, I should have known better than to ask a question. You twisted if all up and now I'm really feeling bad about our misunderstanding. I'll not question anything to do with Maryville football again for 3 days so we can have a cooling off period.

Thank you 5star for your explanation of what really happened at the game. I had no agenda as mlreb wants to claim, I just wanted to understand. Although I do not agree with playing starters that late in a blowout, I know there are things going on behind the scenes that all fans do not realize. mlreb it is clear you are a fine Maryville fan, but I think sometimes your glasses get a little to much paint on them. We have a common goal to see Maryville football succeed, and I want it to be done the right way.

You want it to be done the right way ??? You've been a Maryville fan now for 6 months and you've decided a lot of changes need to take place in everything we do ?? Hilarious ... So let me get this straight ... according to you and StrongX ... we need to keep a closer eye on Villians like Don Sentell , Joey Winders, David Hunt and Coach Quarles that they Don't run the score up on helpless victims .... You know what , I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just State that I trust all of our Coaches to behave in a Classy , professional manner , and always have the kids first in all of their concerns ... but thanks for your input , and you too StrongX , But you guys shouldn't act hurt when we don't go along with you guys in thinking Coach Quarles and other Coaches have earned the right to be defended when you guys want to question them , you have the right to voice your opinion and the last time I checked , I also have a right to disagree with you .

We are LUCKY as HE double L to have the men involved that we do in all of Maryville Football !!

You are newbie, wrong, that is... SX's views may differ from some on here, but trust me, nobody is more Maryville than he is. While a lot of the so called die hard Rebel fans on here actually graduated from another school in the county, he graduated from MHS. Where did you come from?

Sorry to be so long, but I have to work during the day many times. I moved here recently and have become interested in MHS football tradition. I work with a couple of Rebel fans. I decided to attend the youth game because a coworker had a son playing and I heard it would be a good game. I am amazed at the passion, pro and con, in Maryville football. I jumped into the discussion because I didn't see the youth game as some on here must have seen it. That's all. Edited by NewRebel