top coach in tennessee

17bulldogs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know many coaches in TN high school football, but I graduated from McCallie last year, so I was there before Coach Potter came, I saw his shaky first couple of years, and I saw him build the McCallie football into one of the states best. I think he's an excellent coach and he would have my vote as the best in the state.

Coach Tommy Reiws of Fairview High School is by far the ebst coach in TN. In just three seasons he has taken a 0-10 team to two playoff apperances and a current 7-2 season! He by far is thes best not because of how great a coach he is, but because he makes his players elieve in thmeselevs. Something Fairview players haven't done in a long time.

Guest TheCriminal

It would have to be be a coach who does more with less because almost anyone could coach a team with natural athletes. I would have to say its the ObionCounty coach.He has done an excellent job in just 2 yrs in turning a program around that has had anything but a good team.

Guest BlazePlaya43

I've got to say Coach Alsup at blackman. The school has only been around for three years, and he has made this program a very solid program. Not to mention his staff surronding him. Blackman is a solid program and their here to stay for a while!

what would be the basis for declaring a top coach?

wins? doing more with less? Tradition at the school? Well, how about all three?

That, of course, leaves Satterfield as the only choice. Rankin, of course, brings in kids at a rate that would make darth vador jelous, so he is out. McCallie's coach is to young to be considered and there are only 7 teams in his league. If he were to go somewhere else and have the same success (which I think he would) then you would have to put him in there as one of the best. But, Satterfield is the clear cut top coach. He wins at a place with no money, and wins often. He has some trophies. So, he gets my vote.

This a talent rich state players and coaches alike. I can only vote for the coaches I have known and seen. Best Coach that is not active- Calvin Short- Gallatin- 3 State titles, over 300 wins all time. A few state runner ups and a model to his players on and off the field. I did not have the privilige to play for him and the Coach I did play for was not in the same league. However, the present coach at Gallatin brings respect back to the position. Robert Lassiter, help to build programs at White House, Hendersonville, and has rebuilt the Green Wave. Records mean little to me, his character is what puts him apart from the crowd. Treats all players, coaches, and opponents with respect and this is the sign of a top coach.

A pat on the back goes out to all coaches across the state that teach players that who you are as a person is more important than your record or your stats.