East Ridge @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One man's opinion of Boyd Buchanan's team:

this is not giving an opinion on how good they are or if they win the state, just observation ( wasn't the best of competition to give an evaluation of how good a team they are:

alot of players play both ways, line has size but average on athletisism , #78 biggest lineman but tires easily and loses effort ( too easy to block),

best hitters on team are at skill positions, # 15 hits like dynamite,

QB evaluation, ran well but wasn't impressed with his passing,

conclusion:

--a very physical team will be a problem for Boyd,

--concern for # of 2 way players

--coach leaves starters in way too long once game is decided, could result in an injury, something Boyd can't afford

this is not giving an opinion on how good they are or if they win the state, just observation ( wasn't the best of competition to give an evaluation of how good a team they are:

alot of players play both ways, line has size but average on athletisism , #78 biggest lineman but tires easily and loses effort ( too easy to block),

conclusion:

--coach leaves starters in way too long once game is decided, could result in an injury, something Boyd can't afford

yep not very good lucky if they are .500 by the end of season.

conclusion:

You make a few valid points. I don't think the # of 2 way players will be an issue in 2A. Also I don't think the passing will be an issue. We can only get better as the season goes along. In my opinion, we haven't had a legit passing attack since Will Healy back in 2002. A lot of the QBs we have had since then have not been asked to throw a lot. I believe Nic Hughes would of been, but his knee injury set him back a little.

Sorry Buc55,

I wasn't trying to dish Boyd, please re-read my post. Boyd very well could go undefeated and win the state. Simply observing the team. Let me do another summary.

Boyd's strength are their skill players . Although the lineman are good , not the strength of the team ( and please don't take that personaly).

If you say you all are a .500 team , then that's your opinion

Edited by batman1

Sorry Alan,

I wasn't trying to dish Boyd, please re-read my post. Boyd very well could go undefeated and win the state. Simply observing the team. Let me do another summary.

Boyd's strength are their skill players . Although the lineman are good, not the strength of the team.

If you say you all are a .500 team , then that's your opinion

Hope the Bucs Politically Correct Pirates can stay undefeated until they run into the real Pirates.

Boy

You make a few valid points. I don't think the # of 2 way players will be an issue in 2A. Also I don't think the passing will be an issue. We can only get better as the season goes along. In my opinion, we haven't had a legit passing attack since Will Healy back in 2002. A lot of the QBs we have had since then have not been asked to throw a lot. I believe Nic Hughes would of been, but his knee injury set him back a little.

You will throw the ball more this year.