Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew giving that ref that extra hotdog before the game would payoff.

Giving refs extra hotdogs, flying helicopters over the fields during an opposing teams offensive series. What's next glover? Excusing refs from speeding tickets in order to gain favor? The length SC goes to winning football games is unprecedented to say the least.

You are fun to poke at. I kinda knew you would hi- lite the "missed opportunities and the penality. You can't help it.

I think your kinda stuck on the best team didn't win and have been since 09. There's always a reason for any loss. SOMETIMES, just SOMETIMES, the best team wins.Come on....let me hear you say it....the best team won in 2009-2011 and now 2012. IF in your opinion the best team didn't win, at least 1 of those 3, what does that say for G-ville? When DC and LA beats Carthage???

When?? What happened to IF?? Kinda putting the cart before the horse ain't you??

The penality.......and I hate this saying........Is what it is. Sounds and seems petty, but without it......where do you draw the line?

Spiking or throwing the ball down hard. Was it spiked? Not really a spike was it? Did he throw it down? How hard did he throw it down. Not very hard? It wasn't a throw , it was a toss. Was it tossed down too hard? Did it hit the ref? What if it did. What if it didn't. There are calls....such as this...that are questionable. Pass interference.He didn't touch him.He hit him early, he hit him the same time the ball got there. It was incidental.

Roughing the passer...he wasn't hit hard, he was acting, he still had the ball. He had JUST let go of the ball. The ball had been gone 5 seconds.

Everybody says...the kid gets caught up in the moment and excitement,but forgets the Ref who has to make a split second judgement call. What if he dont make that call....and the next time SC scores the ball gets thrown down.....maybe a little harder? What then? Where do you draw the line?

Here's a great place to start... :flower:

You are fun to poke at. I kinda knew you would hi- lite the "missed opportunities and the penality. You can't help it.

I think your kinda stuck on the best team didn't win and have been since 09. There's always a reason for any loss. SOMETIMES, just SOMETIMES, the best team wins.Come on....let me hear you say it....the best team won in 2009-2011 and now 2012. IF in your opinion the best team didn't win, at least 1 of those 3, what does that say for G-ville? When DC and LA beats Carthage???

When?? What happened to IF?? Kinda putting the cart before the horse ain't you??

The penality.......and I hate this saying........Is what it is. Sounds and seems petty, but without it......where do you draw the line?

Spiking or throwing the ball down hard. Was it spiked? Not really a spike was it? Did he throw it down? How hard did he throw it down. Not very hard? It wasn't a throw , it was a toss. Was it tossed down too hard? Did it hit the ref? What if it did. What if it didn't. There are calls....such as this...that are questionable. Pass interference.He didn't touch him.He hit him early, he hit him the same time the ball got there. It was incidental.

Roughing the passer...he wasn't hit hard, he was acting, he still had the ball. He had JUST let go of the ball. The ball had been gone 5 seconds.

Everybody says...the kid gets caught up in the moment and excitement,but forgets the Ref who has to make a split second judgement call. What if he dont make that call....and the next time SC scores the ball gets thrown down.....maybe a little harder? What then? Where do you draw the line?

I like you termite, but it sounds as if you are really trying to make an excuse for a bad call causing an SC victory. I cant say since I wasnt at the game but it sounds awfully fishy. Especially glover giving the extra (HOTDOG) to the ref.

I like you termite, but it sounds as if you are really trying to make an excuse for a bad call causing an SC victory. I cant say since I wasnt at the game but it sounds awfully fishy. Especially glover giving the extra (HOTDOG) to the ref.

The ref made no bad call. It's the rule. I agree emotions get high and when you score in a game like this, you tend to let your body take control and not think. I saw the play, it went right by the ref.. immediate flag

Guest Termite

Q. What's the difference between 80 kids from Carthage and half that many from Gordonsville?huh.png

A. 1 point and at least 3 playoff games. cool.png

You left out the part where those 80 never lost to Gordonsville.thumb[1].gif

Guest Termite

icon_lol.gif

Now your showing that Whinemoreland education Stampus Lickus. Who in the heck makes an EXCUSE for a win?? Bad call? I don't know. I didn't see it. I'll admit, after he crossed the goalline, I looked down. When I looked up I saw the flag. I thought it might have been holding or something like that. Yelp, some teams never loose. It had to be something like they got cheated or give it away because they are a better team. Hey, maybe G-ville needs to work on making a good hot dog. icon_lol.gif