Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

Guest Termite

by the skin of their teeth. unsure.pngroflol.gif

by the skin of their teeth / almost / close / should have / could have / nearly / if / but / 1 point / 1 play..........yelp....... IN THE END....14 IN A ROW.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score would be different if you take out several other plays also. long punt return that set up a score, anyone of the 3 bombs they hit, 40+ yard run, many others including the ko return. But as far as the entire game as a whole, not just one play I stick with my previous post. Do your jackets play gville in two weeks?

i didn't say just 1 play, i said 2. :lol:

yup, should be a good one. i think they are a lil more talented, but we have the better coaches. could be a tough one, it should come down to 3 or 4 big plays. :roflol:

Guest Termite

I would choose smith co high school..their coaching staff is excellent..they offer a wide selection of classes to students..ap. classes also wich count towards college credit..even added an engineering class just this year..their staff is top notch in my opinion..my son is a freshman on the team this year..definately not the best athlete in the world..but let me tell you they work with him every practice doin drills and such to help improve his skills..I am not biased towards smith county as this is my first experience with them and have been nothing but pleased..lots of oppurtunity for a kid that's willing to work hard..sports include soccer..football..basketball..golf..baseball..for the girls they. Have volleyball..fastpitch softball..basketball..cheerleading and a dance team..also have a decent band..a child that attends sc that has a good attitude and is willing to work hard will succeed..political aspect..I have no political pull nor do I really know many people there and my kid has alllways seems to have the same oppurtunity as every other student there.

i'll add to this....top notch facilities. Look a the football practice facility.You won't find one any better, A new Baseball field is being built right now. The football coach (Head Coach Maynord) isn't from SC. He's from Livingston.and lives in Cookville.He don't care who you are, what your last name is, how much money you have ...if you can play, you will be on the field. Same goes for the basketball coach....he's not from SC. The Baseball coach IS from SC and played there. They have finished 3rd in the state 2 times in the last 3 years.

I have friends that coach at G-ville, and I will say they are good people and good coaches. They are usually a very good 1A school. But SC is usually a very good 3A school. Neither is TOO big and are mostly small town, home grown kids. Your right. It depends on who you talk too.

If you live in SC you can go to either one,,,,but where you start as a freshman, you have to go there all four years, or set out a year if you transfer. Unless you can prove a hardship for the move.

I know I will get some biased reactions, after reading this thread I believe I can also get some honest opinions. I have been watching both Smith County and Gordonsville sports only a short time trying to make a decision on a possible move to Smith County. It is my understanding that your child can go to either school in the county. I am wanting some honest opinions on the coaching at both schools for boy sports. I am interested in things such as: experience, their ability to get the most out of a player, do they have kids themselves in the school who are also playing and do they play some players as a trade off so their child will play on someone elses team, basically do they pick the best line up from their talent, how a big a role do politics within the community play. I am looking for the school that utlizes their best talent, I am not interested in playing any type of political games, I simply want to be a spectator, watch some good athletic events and want the best place for my children. I don't need any opinions on any players, whatever decison is made I know as a new student, you have to work hard regardless.

Both schools have their politics just like every other school.

One thing I would do though if your child is interested in football would be watch the second half of gville vs south Pitt game from last year.

For the person wanting advice on which school to choose, gordonsville or SC...I'd advise to move to a different county with better schools.

Move to a different county?? The ranking of school systems in the state of Tennessee are based on test scores from every student in each county. Four years ago, Smith County was ranked, along with two other school systems, as the NUMBER ONE SCHOOL SYSTEM in the state of Tennessee. A school in Memphis and Bedford County were the two other systems that tied Smith County. This past year, Smith County was one of only twenty-two school systems in the state to receive the Exemplary Award for highest school ranking. School systems from all around the state travel to Smith County to try and find out how and what SC is doing to continually get the highest ranking and with so little money spent on each student. The goal of surrounding counties is to match/catch Smith County school in their ranking. If you want to move to a different county to go to a better system, you just might have to move out of the state to so. Obviously, you don't know "Shizzle" about what you speak!!!!

Edited by scooter