Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

I can't see Gville scoring 27 points on SC. I look for the score to be 21 - 14 in favor of SC!! GO OWLS

I was wrong, Gville did score 27 points.

I thought both teams played hard. I was surprised that a few of Gville players did not play with the enthusiasm

that they played with last year. Watson did a very good job throwing the ball. The speed of SC's defense kept him contained most of the night. SC's OL and DL dominated the game. Manning had a good night with the blocking he had. Owls seemed to be more physical than Gville. SC's DB's can't play flatfooted and let the receiver blow past them. Strong left jet right was open just about all night. Adjustments were made late but three of the four touchdown drives had the jet pattern involved to either score a TD or have the ball 1st and goal. McCoin, Livingston, will chew us up next week if we don't improve. I'm sure the 'Wrath of Maynord' will be in full force Monday afternoon. Both teams need to learn from mistakes and improve to be better teams.

Edited by scooter

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move to a different county?? The ranking of school systems in the state of Tennessee are based on test scores from every student in each county. Four years ago, Smith County was ranked, along with two other school systems, as the NUMBER ONE SCHOOL SYSTEM in the state of Tennessee. A school in Memphis and Bedford County were the two other systems that tied Smith County. This past year, Smith County was one of only twenty-two school systems in the state to receive the Exemplary Award for highest school ranking. School systems from all around the state travel to Smith County to try and find out how and what SC is doing to continually get the highest ranking and with so little money spent on each student. The goal of surrounding counties is to match/catch Smith County school in their ranking. If you want to move to a different county to go to a better system, you just might have to move out of the state to so. Obviously, you don't know "Shizzle" about what you speak!!!!

I thought this was a football thread???

Move to a different county?? The ranking of school systems in the state of Tennessee are based on test scores from every student in each county. Four years ago, Smith County was ranked, along with two other school systems, as the NUMBER ONE SCHOOL SYSTEM in the state of Tennessee. A school in Memphis and Bedford County were the two other systems that tied Smith County. This past year, Smith County was one of only twenty-two school systems in the state to receive the Exemplary Award for highest school ranking. School systems from all around the state travel to Smith County to try and find out how and what SC is doing to continually get the highest ranking and with so little money spent on each student. The goal of surrounding counties is to match/catch Smith County school in their ranking. If you want to move to a different county to go to a better system, you just might have to move out of the state to so. Obviously, you don't know "Shizzle" about what you speak!!!!

trousdale county ranked higher than smith county regarding the exemplary award this past year. only 14 miles away. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edited by snoball5278

Lol if you think smith county schools are number 1 in the state.

No one said they are #1, but they are one of the top school systems in the state. They were not 10-15 years ago, which is why you probably think that way. They are much better now.

As far as an outsider moving in, The schools are similar except SC is bigger and therefore offers more academically and athletically.

Gville is smaller, but they offer alot for a small school.

My kids go to Gordonsville because I live behind the school and I went there. I would not have a problem sending my kids to Smith County if I were just moving in.

i'll add to this....top notch facilities. Look a the football practice facility.You won't find one any better, A new Baseball field is being built right now. The football coach (Head Coach Maynord) isn't from SC. He's from Livingston.and lives in Cookville.He don't care who you are, what your last name is, how much money you have ...if you can play, you will be on the field. Same goes for the basketball coach....he's not from SC. The Baseball coach IS from SC and played there. They have finished 3rd in the state 2 times in the last 3 years.

I have friends that coach at G-ville, and I will say they are good people and good coaches. They are usually a very good 1A school. But SC is usually a very good 3A school. Neither is TOO big and are mostly small town, home grown kids. Your right. It depends on who you talk too.

If you live in SC you can go to either one,,,,but where you start as a freshman, you have to go there all four years, or set out a year if you transfer. Unless you can prove a hardship for the move.

Termite, that was an excellent post. Thanks

Guest Termite

The reason Gordonsville has the line advantage is anyone who witnessed last years game saw the G'ville D-line camp out in the Carthage backfield as evidence by the number of negative plays and giving up minimal rushing yardage. In fact, the past three years all who were there saw the same thing as the Gordonsville Line outplayed the owl line physically. The losses were for the most part due to mistakes (2009 we dropped a wide open interception where we could have taken a knee and ran out the clock for the win, 2010 penalties in a game where the game was 0-0 close to the end of the 3rd quarter, and of course last season 2 very costly and untimely turnovers, 1 after Cason's long run and the muffed punt in the fourth quarter. Even some of your die hard fans and coaches have stated the same to me as I have just stated. #53 and #77 are difficult for most teams around here to handle so it really is nothing to be ashamed of. Just because someone has started for 2+ years doesnt mean they are the best on the field. Dont get me wrong, experience is important and crucial but at the end of the day when you just look at pure overall talent, Gordonsville is a little better up front. What could be a difference this year is not having #4 for that first game. He is a tackling machine but I have faith in #56, #46 and the rest of the Tiger Defense.

You got awful quiet FNL12.......I'm kind of anxious to see your assessment of why G-ville lost this game. Dropped interceptions, penalties, or turnovers.

LINE ADVANTAGE? I believe SCs 2+ year starters ( that are not the best on the field) hogs won that battle..on both sides of the ball.

Yelp... 53 and 77 are difficult for MOST teams. Evidently SC isn't one of those teams. NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.

You got awful quiet FNL12.......I'm kind of anxious to see your assessment of why G-ville lost this game. Dropped interceptions, penalties, or turnovers.

LINE ADVANTAGE? I believe SCs 2+ year starters ( that are not the best on the field) hogs won that battle..on both sides of the ball.

Yelp... 53 and 77 are difficult for MOST teams. Evidently SC isn't one of those teams. NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF.

Hey, you're right. As much as it pains me to say it, i didnt see the standout perfomances out of the key players against the owls. It almost seemed like they played with the weight of 13 yrs on their backs.

Did Swaim, and the loss of mccoy last night have so much of an impact on our defense that we looked like we weren't even playing with passion, or was the pressure of such a big game too much?

Maybe my expectations are just too high.