Maryville vs. Alcoa (Official ESPN2 Game Thread)

Red Rebels

Congratulations Rebels and good luck to both squads the rest of the way. Strangest kickoff since the Stanford band was run through. I thought Alcoa played better early and the ending would have been fun to watch without the miscue. GO REBELS and TORNADOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryville should beat Alcoa 10 out of 10 tens based on the size diff. of the schools. I'm not too sure what ESPN was thinking when they picked this game up. I know that Alcoa plays them tough every year and they (Alcoa) have a couple of wins----- but think about folks... Maryville has a lot more students than Alcoa. This being said-Alcoa is my second fav. HS team because of the the way they roll. Go Alcoa-- But can they win? Am I wrong?

Thank you for letting me vent.

Vote for Bladerunner 2012

See.

Great effort by both teams. Congrats to Maryville for the win. Alcoa has nothing to hang their heads about.

I watched on tv and thought it was a very clean, well played game until Alcoa fell apart late. I am sure Greyrider will correct me if there was dirty playing by Alcoa, lol, but I didn't see any on tv.

Edited by Flash Gordon

Congrats to Maryville. Lot better game than the score would indicate. Two good teams going at it, and the one that made the fewest mistakes took the victory. I don't think Alcoa will lose another game this year.

CAK may have something to say about that. The safer bet is that Maryville won't lose another game this year.

Maryville should beat Alcoa 10 out of 10 tens based on the size diff. of the schools. I'm not too sure what ESPN was thinking when they picked this game up. I know that Alcoa plays them tough every year and they (Alcoa) have a couple of wins----- but think about folks... Maryville has a lot more students than Alcoa. This being said-Alcoa is my second fav. HS team because of the the way they roll. Go Alcoa-- But can they win? Am I wrong?

Thank you for letting me vent.

Vote for Bladerunner 2012

So what you're saying is that OAK RIDGE should be able to beat Alcoa 10 out of 10 games ... right ?

This should be an excellent game. I would love to attend in person but I know that I'll never find a seat, so I'll be tuning-in to ESPN2 instead. Both of these teams are absolutely loaded. Alcoa is better this year than they were last year and I think that this may be one of Gary Rankin's best Tornado squads. I like Alcoa in a VERY close one.

I hope this team was one of Rankins best teams. I wish them the best of luck and hope they bring home a gold ball. Great game! Go Rebels!

Fan in West Tennessee here. Enjoyed the game. I can see why your programs are so successful. Too bad a mistake killed what could have been a classic finish. Liked the coaching matchup and the guts of the Maryville QB. Hope they show this game again next year.