Cloudland vs. Coalfield

THE KING

Coalfield lost alot of kids off last years team and I reckon they still have some suspended for this week.Cloudland has pretty much the whole team back and they have a confident attitude.I just don't see this as a mismatch. I'm not saying that Coalfield isn't a quality 1a team ,but if Cloudland expects to compete in the playoffs,they'll have to be on or near Coalfields level. I see no reason why they can't hold they're own.

Yep, but they replaced a few too...I thot suspension was over last week, but we will see....I hope Cloudland does well, even wins it.... it'll only help us to prepare harder IMO

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalfield lost alot of kids off last years team and I reckon they still have some suspended for this week.Cloudland has pretty much the whole team back and they have a confident attitude.I just don't see this as a mismatch. I'm not saying that Coalfield isn't a quality 1a team ,but if Cloudland expects to compete in the playoffs,they'll have to be on or near Coalfields level. I see no reason why they can't hold they're own.

I'm getting different information. Some say Coalfield only lost 4 seniors while others are saying they lost alot. It don't really matter. I know a thing or two about that area down there. Coalfield is a place of pride and hard work. They don't do a whole lot of talking on here. CY jacket was the only poster I remember talking on here. That bunch talks with their pads and they bullied and destroyed a young Cloudland team last year. Even the teams I played on remember how physical the Yellow Jackets are. I got lit up a couple of times on kick offs down there my senior year and they taunt and laugh. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team responds to the tough guy image that Coalfield brings to the field. I like Coalfield and respect them because I think imposing your will is important to your success in this game. I remember the first time we ever played Coalfield. It was in the playoffs in 92. The passion of the cheerleaders, fans, and players was something that stuck with me. I don't remember ever seeing a program show as much passion and love for their school as that bunch. If we can get back to that level, then football will be the ultimate gayla spectacle at Orr field. We are heading in that direction under Pittman. More young men need to come out and be a part of it. As for Hampton, I wouldn't think much about it til week ten. There are alot of other hungry teams to play. The only thing I can say about week ten is Cloudland can do it this year. This is a year where they can definitely break the streak!

I'm getting different information. Some say Coalfield only lost 4 seniors while others are saying they lost alot. It don't really matter. I know a thing or two about that area down there. Coalfield is a place of pride and hard work. They don't do a whole lot of talking on here. CY jacket was the only poster I remember talking on here. That bunch talks with their pads and they bullied and destroyed a young Cloudland team last year. Even the teams I played on remember how physical the Yellow Jackets are. I got lit up a couple of times on kick offs down there my senior year and they taunt and laugh. I'm looking forward to seeing how this team responds to the tough guy image that Coalfield brings to the field. I like Coalfield and respect them because I think imposing your will is important to your success in this game. I remember the first time we ever played Coalfield. It was in the playoffs in 92. The passion of the cheerleaders, fans, and players was something that stuck with me. I don't remember ever seeing a program show as much passion and love for their school as that bunch. If we can get back to that level, then football will be the ultimate gayla spectacle at Orr field. We are heading in that direction under Pittman. More young men need to come out and be a part of it. As for Hampton, I wouldn't think much about it til week ten. There are alot of other hungry teams to play. The only thing I can say about week ten is Cloudland can do it this year. This is a year where they can definitely break the streak!

. You need to talk to Roy and read with him in his book,Coalfield lost several quality players.You should ask Roy for a synopsis.

You telln lies! You cant sleep at night for thinking about it....roflolk.gif

. You need to talk to Roy and read with him in his book,Coalfield lost several quality players.You should ask Roy for a synopsis.

You mean that Dillard nut! icon_lol.gif

You telln lies! You cant sleep at night for thinking about it....roflolk.gif

Truth be known.....I want it just as bad as I did in 05...icon_evil.gif

If Cloudland can compelte a few passes early they could really put coalfield in a pickle. The running game was impressive against andrews. If they throw in a balanced attack even short dump offs cloudland will be tough to stop.

I don't think it will take Coacfield very long to realize this is not the same team they destroyed last year.It will surprise me if this isn't a knock down,drag out.

I don't know how many guys Coalfield lost last year, but they did loses an al-state QB, all-state WR, as well as a 1000-yard rusher. They also still have some suspensions from the Lookout Valley game so I think it will be a few weeks before Coalfield hits their stride with so many holes to fill.

I don't know how many guys Coalfield lost last year, but they did loses an al-state QB, all-state WR, as well as a 1000-yard rusher. They also still have some suspensions from the Lookout Valley game so I think it will be a few weeks before Coalfield hits their stride with so many holes to fill.

If thats the case, as Pujo said this may well be a knock-down drag-out and give Cloudland the edge to start out 2-0