White House at Portland

BDP2003

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not going to get full tommorrow night unless you go to DG and buy some cat food. P.S. don't forget the kitty litter 'cause the Panthers might wet themselves when they see the Devils roll off the bus.

Come on back over to the Beech thread and share some PROFOUND wisdom with us simple minds.

Nice job Panthers. Way to represent 9AAA.

Edited by tandem

Come on back over to the Beech thread and share some PROFOUND wisdom with us simple minds.

Nice job Panthers. Way to represent 9AAA.

Thanks Tandem, Like I have been saying for the past month, since the 7/7 games, scrimmages, jamborees, Portland is not the same football team like the teams in the last several years. Before the season started, I told co-workers, we may not win a game this year, but we are on the right track, heading in the right direction, and are miles ahead of where we were. Unless you really follow the team, you dont see the differences. For the first time in a long time, the players believe in the coaches, and their plan. They all executed last night. ALL. White House has a tremendous qb, I think he ran/threw for well over 200 yards or more. But the two goal line stands the defense shouldered was HUGE. We have Mt Juliet this week, another meat grinder of team. TIme will tell how the kids do this week. Win, Lose or Draw, no matter what, we are headed in the right direction. It shows in the Freshmen team as well, they beat Gallatin this week, and that has not been done in years. We are smaller in number, smaller in size, and more than likely have more Sophomores and Freshmen playing on Friday nights than any team around. So, for how far these kids have came in the last couple of years, speaks volumes for the coaching staff. Now. like Coach Aric said on the radio show a few minutes ago, come Monday morning this game is flushed and time to work on the next one....................Like someone else has posted, the only gripe I had for last night, was in the last 19 seconds and the clock was winding down, White House called a time out, WHY? All Portland was doing was taking a knee, on the last 4 plays, what was there to talk about? Good luck to everyone this week in Sumner County.

Oh, one other thing, does anyone know the status of the young man from White House that was taken by ambulance? Praying for his recovery and his parents. Hate to see anyone get hurt, we were very lucky last night, had wayyyy too many helmets pop off during play. The ones on Portland were all Riddell except for 1 Xenith. On the Xenith it will not pop off as long as the player pulls his straps, unless while he is being tackled somone pops his buttons, and yanks on the chin strap. Cant speak of more worry for a parent when they see the helmet rolling around and the players still going wide open.

You're not going to get full tommorrow night unless you go to DG and buy some cat food. P.S. don't forget the kitty litter 'cause the Panthers might wet themselves when they see the Devils roll off the bus.

No wetting themselves last night, and instead of cat food, it was Blue Devil meat. A little chewy and hard to swallow, but the boys got it down.... I mean done. hungry.gif I told you we were hungry for a win. Congrats Panthers, now let's go get our old coach Perry next week! sleep.pngcool.png