2012 pre-season discussion, Transfers, Coaching changes and Rumors

chattanoogachoker

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perception is everything, though!

However, most successful programs in HS do not have to recruit. Collins Hill in most of their sports and Riverdale in the Boro are perfect examples for public schools that can draw beyond their own school district. Soddy showed that with state champ Swanson last year.

In college, UTC, Boise State gets the edge respectively in the SE & inter-mtn west by default (top tier + proximity) Arizona may be another benefactor.

As far as D-2 preps,,, Baylor's continued success (40 years+) and parents/alums can reach out a bit, no doubt. I've seen it since 1974.

BCB,,,, A real man wouldn’t abandon his flock as you have clearly done! In nature the Alpha is pushed out by a stronger and younger Alpha,,,but I’ve yet to see a dominate Alpha male simply drop his laptop and walk off into the sunset while still on top (like you have). I don’t believe in ‘fair’ nor does it exist in nature,,,but if I did,,,what you are doing (or in this case not doing) isn’t fair! We have 8 pages of Rubbish and it’s happening on your watch. Looks like I will have to talk to Harry and see if we will have room for you in the back seat come Feb?!

Just remember,,,with great power comes great responsibility. Spiderman didn’t just sit around drinking beer watching the world go to heck……

CC,,,sends…

Young grasshopper, you snatch the adult beverage from the old mans hand, it was time for him to leave.

If needed, I will wake the old man from his hammock and see if he has any juice left in him.

Joe Waddell iii

Edited by Joewaddell3

Young grasshopper, you snatch the adult beverage from the old mans hand, it was time for him to leave.

If needed, I will wake the old man from his hammock and see if he has any juice left in him.

Joe Waddell iii

Now that actually made me laugh out loud (honestly) ,,,and after a day of running around Baghdad on 9-11 sticking out like a short-fat-white-jew,,,, in a not so short-fat-white- jew man's world,,,,I needed that!!! Thanks BCB,,,,Oh, sorry,,,,I mean Joe Waddell iii ;)

Now I said all that to say this,,,,wake that old (yet sexy in a Tom Cruise sort of way) man up!,,,and tell him to bring the juice! If you factor in,,, facts and assumptions,,,, needs and wants,,,in addition, to being the most interesting man in the world,,,he may be the most missed. If he's not a team player and not willing to continue free therapy online,,,tell him to post one simple word,,"UNCLE"

Joe,,,there is a . 00001% chance this is actually you. If that be the case,,,hope to see you at the wrestling burger bar soon,,,you can bring 'whats his name' if he has permission to come!?

CC,,,sends...

Just a general knowledge btw, Cole Mosley was a senior national finalist this year, and he'll be at American University a top 20 team and Austin Woods got All American status at NHSCA too and he'll be at UTC this year.

Good point, I had forgotten that Cole made the Sr national finals. Remembered that he had placed. He was my third in the 2-3 really recruited seniors, he increased his stock with the placement after a tough TN state finals match. I hope Austin the best at UTC, enjoyed watching him in high school and will hopefully get a chance to see a match or two at UTC. To be fair, when comparing the accomplishments you have to also consider that NHSCA's is not what is used to be due to the Flonationals draining off some talent as well as USA Folkstyle Nationals. These are becoming more regional events where in the Leen and SImpson days Sr Nationals was the only game in town (or in the country).

Edited by mocs2011

Good point, I had forgotten that Cole made the Sr national finals. Remembered that he had placed. He was my third in the 2-3 really recruited seniors, he increased his stock with the placement after a tough TN state finals match. I hope Austin the best at UTC, enjoyed watching him in high school and will hopefully get a chance to see a match or two at UTC. To be fair, when comparing the accomplishments you have to also consider that NHSCA's is not what is used to be due to the Flonationals draining off some talent as well as USA Folkstyle Nationals. These are becoming more regional events where in the Leen and SImpson days Sr Nationals was the only game in town (or in the country).

As you know the wrestlers have no control over the fact that Flonationals and the USA Folkstyle Nationals were not around when Leen & Simpson made the NHSCA finals. With Blair Academy at the NHSCA's last year I still feel that it was the most diffucult of the three tournaments but you are correct that the talent is not what it was at one time. If Tennessee kids wish to be recruited by some of the top schools in the nation they need to wrestle in national tournaments and place high. One little known but interesting fact is that Moseley placed 2nd @ 160 in the state tournament and then placed 2nd @ NHSCA's wrestling @ 138. I have been told that he will go 141 for American so it seems as if 138 was his true weight classification last season. How many high school middle weights could go up 22 lbs over their true weight class and still make the state finals?

Edited by cbg

As you know the wrestlers have no control over the fact that Flonationals and the USA Folkstyle Nationals were not around when Leen & Simpson made the NHSCA finals. With Blair Academy at the NHSCA's last year I still feel that it was the most diffucult of the three tournaments but you are correct that the talent is not what it was at one time. If Tennessee kids wish to be recruited by some of the top schools in the nation they need to wrestle in national tournaments and place high. One little known but interesting fact is that Moseley placed 2nd @ 160 in the state tournament and then placed 2nd @ NHSCA's wrestling @ 138. I have been told that he will go 141 for American so it seems as if 138 was his true weight classification last season. How many high school middle weights could go up 22 lbs over their true weight class and still make the state finals?

Agree with points on national tournaments and NHSCA being the tougher to place in than Flo and USA Folkstyle Nationals. The others don't break down into grades, so not sure which had the tougher champions. Pico and some of the guys from the West are also very tough. A good point on the up 22 lbs, the problem is that Mosely did not want to wrestle the 145 lbs, champ, had already lost to the 152 lbs champ and I believe also the runner up at 152 lbs (possibly a couple of times), so by default jumped to 160. It raises a lot of questions--was NHSCA's that tough, should Cole have gone down to 138 lbs for the state tournament, but Ward and others were there? Not sure, but bottom line Cole beat some national level guys at the NHSCA's on the way to the finals. From a recruiting perspective, he erased the state tournament and any other losses with the runner up placement at Senior Nationals and has a great home at American. We'll see where it goes from here.

I heard Ward is going toe to toe with his utc comrades as of late. He did beat MOW Lewis and Even the dominant Alex Woods during regular season. He may be underestimated?!?

Austin, Soms, Austin Woods. Alex Woods is Riverdales hwt.

Nobody's underestimating Alex Ward, he's a fantastic wrestler. The third period hits and that kid is money, believe me we saw him a few times last year. My guess is Lewis to challenge at 25, Ward to challenge at 33, and Woods to challenge at 41. All three have a good shot at making the starting lineup I'd think. All in all this is the best lineup I've seen at utc in a while.

Austin, Soms, Austin Woods. Alex Woods is Riverdales hwt.

Nobody's underestimating Alex Ward, he's a fantastic wrestler. The third period hits and that kid is money, believe me we saw him a few times last year. My guess is Lewis to challenge at 25, Ward to challenge at 33, and Woods to challenge at 41. All three have a good shot at making the starting lineup I'd think. All in all this is the best lineup I've seen at utc in a while.

Where is Nick Soto going to be? Don't think any of these true freshmen will beat him in the wrestle offs. Also the gap from high school to college for a true freshman is usually a chasm with a few exceptions.