Spring Hill Raiders

WildChild

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all you people that are down on Coach Scharsch, until you are in someone's shoes, don't judge.

It is very obvious that you are not looking at this whole thing from a parents point of view. I am! Coach Scharch is a good Coach. I must agree with 8ManFront.

As far as the coaches, they are doing a GREAT job with what they have to work with.. I watch practice and the kids are doing the best to their ability, which is all we can ask for.

My only concern is I really don't care for the language used during practice. My child or any other child does not need to be called names. I believe that is called bulling. My other concern is the HC not riding the bus. If anyone gets hurt, the HC is going to be the one to answer.

As far as to 8ManFront, I don't believe anyone is hiding behind a screen name. I think this is a great way to point out concerns. I have had experience talking to the coaches and it's like talking to a brickwall.

I must say Coach Scharsch takes care of his players and coaches, with team meals (again i must say is a lot more that B-ball gets) and they look very professional.

IndyEagle09, what you stated just cracks me up. Football has had more parent support and administration support for as long as I can remember. For almost 15 years I have been associated with SHHS. Coach Stone was there. Baseball has always had support from both and have had great teams!! Basketball is the sport I see that is lacking support..

Edited by RaiderBall

Raiderball,

I don't know what would give you the impression that I am not a parent. A parent of a player may be waht you are suggesting? I don't believe you have to be a parent to see what is going on. However, as a parent there is NO WAY I could or would in good judgement let my child play for Coach Scharsch. Being a football coach, especially a high school football coach, is much more than winning football games. This is my major concern and has been clearly (or so I thought) pointed out. Not only is Coach Scharsch lacking in the abilty to get the most from his players on the field, he is an EXTREMELY poor example for how to conduct oneself off the field. My concern is not the wins and losses as much as it is about the kids. They deserve better! I imagine that you do not cuss and yell at your own children the way Scharsch does with his players. As a parent and a coach, I always try to keep in mind that this is someones child. Am I treating them in the same way that I would want someone else to treat my child? The obscence language and rageful screaming is immature and self depricating in addition to being incredibly ineffective. Simple put yelling at someone is not coaching. And that is what I want for these kids, a coach, not someone parading as one.

8ManFront, I probably should talk to Scharsch and would if I had a kid playing at this time. I believe players must make plays too no doubt about it..... But a good coach should be able to make bad players average, average players good, good players great. I've seen good coaches do it 1,000's of times. How? Discipline! Good Discipline! And Team Discipline! Something SH obviously lacks. Which falls on who? Scharsch . SH should be better than 0-10 or 1-9....

Here's a question for ya? Why is the Marine Corp considered one of the best outfits in the world? Is it because they have the best soldiers, technology, weapons? That's part of the reason but I believe the main reason is because they have unparalleled Discipline in combat.... It's the DISCIPLINE that makes a Marine perform! Maybe I should talk to Scharsch about discipline.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a perfect example of why SH will be in trouble for the foreseeable future. Tonight in a freshman game they dressed a kid who was ejected from the JV game three days ago. They just put a different jersey on him. Then, they had two different players get ejected tonight for fighting. Their QB actually clubbed an opposing player in the head on a long run at the end of the game. I'm sure he hurt his hand more than the helmet of the other player. But it was completely unnecessary. Easily the most undisciplined program I've seen in awhile.

Hey WildChild, I agree with you. I am a former active duty Marine NCO up until last June when I was medically discharged. The Marine Corps is the most elite branch of the military and most respected because of our discipline, respect for authority, commitment to excellence, and ability to lead and motivate those around us.

I hear that Defensive Coordinator over at Harding Academy did great things this year with their middle school program and he is a Marine! Maybe he could be a much needed addition to the staff there that could help in changing the culture and turning things around. I hear he is looking for a high school teaching/coaching job and played at Columbia Central for Spring Hill Middle School Principal Phillip Wright! Maybe the Spring Hill faithful should look into that guy!

Hey WildChild, I agree with you. I am a former active duty Marine NCO up until last June when I was medically discharged. The Marine Corps is the most elite branch of the military and most respected because of our discipline, respect for authority, commitment to excellence, and ability to lead and motivate those around us.

I hear that Defensive Coordinator over at Harding Academy did great things this year with their middle school program and he is a Marine! Maybe he could be a much needed addition to the staff there that could help in changing the culture and turning things around. I hear he is looking for a high school teaching/coaching job and played at Columbia Central for Spring Hill Middle School Principal Phillip Wright! Maybe the Spring Hill faithful should look into that guy!

Why beat around the bush. Just say it is you that wants a job.